Non-Immigrant-O multiple and workpermit

Hello, I have several questions about which I couldn't get any clearness.

Sorry, if similar questions have already been post somewhere in the forum, but I could not find.

I dont stay in Thailand now, I stay abroad.

I am currently holding a NON-IMMIGRANT-O multiple entry visa, that I want to use for staying in Thailand.

To avoid visa runs, I want to do a visa extension at the immigration office in Thailand,

where I already cleared all necessary request that I completely fulfill. I am not retired worker !

Am I right that the NON-IMMIGRANT-O visa can only applied abroad and not in Thailand itself ?

The visa extension of the NON-IMMIGRANT-O visa can be renewed each year at the immigration office,

is that right? I dont need to apply a new NON-IMMIGRANT-O visa abroad ?

Can the visa extension only be applied in the city/province where I and my wife are registered

or in any city/province in Thailand ?

If I get a workpermit from a company, which visa will be used for entering Thailand ?

My current NON-IMMIGRANT-O multiple visa, or will I get another type of visa to enter Thailand ?

The reason for asking these questions is the following:

Now, I am holding a NON-IMMIGRANT-O multiple visa, that I can extend to a 1-Year-visa,

and I can renew it each year, if I fulfill each year the requirements.

But if I get a workpermit from a company now and I have to apply for a NON-IMMIGRANT-B Visa

I will lose my NON-IMMIGRANT-O multiple visa.

After the contract with the company has been finished I dont have a visa anymore,

and to apply a new NON-IMMIGRANT-O multiple visa I have to go abroad.

I am right ? Or how is the process in that case ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

You can apply for a for a year extension of stay (visas are not extended) based upon marriage to a Thai at immigration during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries from your visa. It has to be done at designated office for where you are living.

You can apply for a new extension every year when your extension ends.

You can get a work permit and work with a non-o visa or extension of stay based upon marriage. Your extension would not end if you stopped working.

33 minutes ago, booltrue said:

Am I right that the NON-IMMIGRANT-O visa can only applied abroad and not in Thailand itself ?

No. If you enter as a tourist you can apply for a non-immigrant visa as a prerequisite to an extension of stay.

The visa extension of the NON-IMMIGRANT-O visa can be renewed each year at the immigration office,

is that right? I dont need to apply a new NON-IMMIGRANT-O visa abroad ?

Yes, you renew the extension each year at your local immigration office. No need for a new visa.

Can the visa extension only be applied in the city/province where I and my wife are registered

or in any city/province in Thailand ?

You must apply at the office that covers the address you live at. It doesn't matter where your wife is registered.

If I get a workpermit from a company, which visa will be used for entering Thailand ?

My current NON-IMMIGRANT-O multiple visa, or will I get another type of visa to enter Thailand ?

You can get a work permit using your Non 'O' visa or extension of stay because you are married. There is no need to get a new/anther type of visa.

But if I get a workpermit from a company now and I have to apply for a NON-IMMIGRANT-B Visa

I will lose my NON-IMMIGRANT-O multiple visa.

After the contract with the company has been finished I dont have a visa anymore,

and to apply a new NON-IMMIGRANT-O multiple visa I have to go abroad.

I am right ? Or how is the process in that case ?

You are wrong. Because you are married you can get a work permit and work with a 90 day entry from a Non 'O' visa or a 1 year extension of stay based on marriage. It is not necessary to change to a Non 'B'. It is better to keep your permission to stay based on marriage so it's not linked to your job. Then, if you leave your job, you don't have to mess around changing the basis for your permission to stay.

If you already have a valid ME Non 'O' visa you can use it to enter next time and apply for a 1 year extension of stay within the last 30 days of that (or any future) 90 day permit to stay. You can apply for a work permit, at anytime having entered the country, once you have an offer of work.

Edited by elviajero

Thanks for reply !!

Ok the process is almost (!) clear fo me.

So, I have to enter Thailand with my NON-IMMIGRANT-O multiple visa.

The company can arrange the workpermit for me, idepentently if I hold the NON-IMMIGRANT-O multiple visa or the 1 year extension.

Right ? The workpermit is not linked to the 1 year extension or NON-IMMIGRANT-O multiple visa directly ?

Can I apply for the visa extension only before the last 30 days ? Or also direct after entering Thailand ?

But if holding the 1 year extension, I have to go to immigration office each 90 days for show, or not ?

21 minutes ago, booltrue said:

So, I have to enter Thailand with my NON-IMMIGRANT-O multiple visa.

The company can arrange the workpermit for me, idepentently if I hold the NON-IMMIGRANT-O multiple visa or the 1 year extension.

Right ? The workpermit is not linked to the 1 year extension or NON-IMMIGRANT-O multiple visa directly ?

Can I apply for the visa extension only before the last 30 days ? Or also direct after entering Thailand ?

But if holding the 1 year extension, I have to go to immigration office each 90 days for show, or not ?

You need a non-o visa entry to apply for the extension.

The company can apply for the work permit. You would sign a power of attorney for them to do it. 

Your non-o visa or extension of stay would not be dependent upon you having a work or working since they are based upon marriage not working. 

You cannot apply for the extension earlier than 30 days at most offices or 45 days at some offices.

You would need to do reports of staying longer than 90 days in the country. You can do them in person or online or by mail or you can have somebody do them for you.

1 hour ago, booltrue said:

Right ?

Yes. You would need to provide a copy of your marriage certificate.

The workpermit is not linked to the 1 year extension or NON-IMMIGRANT-O multiple visa directly ?

It is more accurate to say that your permission to stay isn’t reliant on your job/work permit.

You must have a Non-Immigrant visa/entry to qualify for a work permit.

Usually you can only apply for the first extension within the last 30 (45 maybe) days. There is no need to apply when you first arrive as the extension of stay will not start, regardless of how early you apply, until day 91.

If you are applying for an extension of stay based on marriage you need 400K in the bank for two months before you can apply, OR proof of at least 40K income (certified by your embassy) from abroad. 

You don’t necessarily need to go yourself, but everyone staying longer than 90 days needs to report/update their address. You can report within 15 days before and 7 days after day 90 depending on the method you use to report. 

10 minutes ago, elviajero said:

If you are applying for an extension of stay based on marriage you need 400K in the bank for two months before you can apply, OR proof of at least 40K income (certified by your embassy) from abroad. 

The income can also be from working and is proved by tax payment receipts.

Thanks a lot for your responses, these help me for understanding the way to do more clear.

For the extension of stay based on marriage I already fulfill the necessary requirements, if apply for it.

I already checked at the immigration office during my last stay in Thailand.

I didnt know, that for reporting to the immigration office, there are different ways how to do.

I thought, I have to go each 90 days with my wife there for show. But I haven't. I didnt know that.

Is the reporting method in each immigration offices the same, or does some offices only accept if you come by yourself ?

40 minutes ago, elviajero said:
2 hours ago, booltrue said:

Right ?

Yes. You would need to provide a copy of your marriage certificate.

To whom I have to provide a copy of the marriage certificate ? The company ?

Because I already hold the NON-IMMIGRANT-O multiple visa.

8 minutes ago, booltrue said:

Is the reporting method in each immigration offices the same, or does some offices only accept if you come by yourself ?

There are a few rogue offices that do not accept online or mailed in reports.

9 minutes ago, booltrue said:

To whom I have to provide a copy of the marriage certificate ? The company ?

Because I already hold the NON-IMMIGRANT-O multiple visa.

The marriage certificate is for the work permit office. You can give it to your employer if they are doing the application. The reason for it being needed is to prove the basis for you non-o visa since they can be issued for several reasons.