All reporting requirements for staying in Thailand with Non O-A long stay ME visa

I am reaching Thailand (Bangkok) on April 23, 2018 on a Non O-A Long stay visa.
I will stay in a hotel for a few days till I find a place (a mansion or a condo) and sign a one year lease and move in. My question is what are all the reporting requirements for me to stay current and not get slapped with a fine.

1. Do I have to report to immigration after I moved out of hotel and go to the mansion?

2. Do I have to report if I decide to change hotel from A to B?

3. Do I have to report to Immigration if I visit Pattya for a few days?

If you will be living in Bangkok you will not need to do any reporting other than the report of staying longer than 90 consecutive days in the country at Chaeng Wattana immigration. Bangkok does not enforce the the reporting like a few offices do.

1, 2 and 3 no. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, retiredusn said:

Sounds like you should have done more research prior too your arrival date............

Sorry, I Have not done any research. All my prior visits in the last 10 years was on Tourist visa and one full year was on Non-O E visa. I have never done any reporting, though I have moved all over Thailand including the Issan region. Went to police station one time in Sisaket when my passport was lost. Found very friendly and they issued me a letter in Thai that I showed to US embassy in Bangkok to get a new Passport and then went to Changwatana immigration office to transfer my Non-E visa to the new passport.

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have never heard of a non-oe visa. Do you mean a non-oa visa like you have now.

Sorry, Education visa. Whatever they call it (I think Non-Immigrant Visa Category ED ). In the new passport, I only have a stamp and hand writing that says Non-Imm. The lost passport had the original visa. Don't remember what it said. It was an Education visa for learning Thai language. Got it by enrolling in a Bangkok language school for a fee of around 15K may be. I had to renew my stay every three months but school did all the paper work I only took the papers to Chanwatana office.

Edited by onera1961

16 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

1. Do I have to report to immigration after I moved out of hotel and go to the mansion?

No. Someone should report your arrival at the new property, but Bangkok immigration are not going to expect you to do it. 

37 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

2. Do I have to report if I decide to change hotel from A to B?

No. It’s up to the hotel to report your stay.

38 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

3. Do I have to report to Immigration if I visit Pattya for a few days?

No.

• Thanks 1

Thanks ubonjoe and elviajero.

My next question is TM28 and TM30. I see lots of reference  to these two forms. When are they required?

1. Do I have to report to police if I go Issan and stay in a so called "resort". I stayed on those resorts, multiple days, on tourist visas. Never reported to police.

Edited by onera1961

6 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

My next question is TM28 and TM30. I see lots of reference  to these two forms. When are they required?

1. Do I have to report to police if I go Issan and stay in a so called "resort"

Those are the reports I stated that Bangkok immigration does not enforce like some offices do.

1. No

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

The TM.28 is mainly used to report a change of address. If you were to move in between 90 day reports you are supposed to report your move to immigration within 24 hours or arriving at the new address. Not everyone bothers, and change of address enforcement varies depending on the office.

The TM.30 is the form that the Owner, House-Master or Possessor of the property you stay at is supposed to use to report your arrival at their property. It’s also used by hotel/guesthouse management to report their guests.

16 minutes ago, TerryLH said:

What else is it used for?

To report staying in another province for more than 24 hours that has to be done within 48 hours. Of course that report is almost unenforceable.

• Like 1