Bar Work

Stefanfed

Work requires a work permit.

Work permits for work that can be done by a Thai are not forthcoming.

Thai's, even Thai women, are quite adept at taking the top off a beer bottle and pouring the contents into a glass (some even give you good head :o:D ).

So unless you are some fancy "Recreational refreshment mixing facilitator" forget it.

If you go to Thailand and work without a permit you are illegal.

If you are caught you will be arrested/jailed/fined/deported end of story.

There is another thread somewhere about work permits for bar work, try the work permits forum.

On the islands the occasional westerner can be found working in bars. Pitifully small wages and very casual - not more than a few months at the most can be spent doing this. And you're running the risk of being prosecuted for illegal work, as mentioned earlier. But if you really want to run the risk, head for a backpackerey island such as Koh Pha Ngan and ask around in the western-managed bars.

when i was on certain island (not to far from Rayong) last year, it amazed me that their were farangs working in the bars on the beach, taking orders, serving drinks etc. A German guy i got talking to, said he had been doing it for years with no problems, somehow they get away with it. They weren't even discreet about it.

BB