No Bus Service To Or From Jomtien Bus Station On April 19, 2018

allane

It just came to my attention that there will be no bus service to or from the Jomtien Bus Station on April 19, due to the Pattaya Songkran holiday.  I have no knowledge re the North Pattaya Bus Station.  If anyone does, could you post a thread under that title ?  It would be more visible than if you add the information here.

22 hours ago, allane said:

I have no knowledge re the North Pattaya Bus Station.  If anyone does, could you post a thread under that title ?  It would be more visible than if you add the information here.

The Songran FAQ already addresses that question but next year I'll make it more explicit about the North Pattaya Bus Terminal in particular for anyone not able to understand.

Q: Can I travel to or from Pattaya on the 18th or 19th?
A: Forget it. All roads around Pattaya turn into parking lots. The 19th is worse than the 18th, but, as noted, Pattaya is affected also by Naklua's Songkran on the 18th. Some, if not all, taxi services refuse to travel on the 19th.

The buses leaving Pattaya do run on the 19th, surprisingly, but you'll have to get to the station on your own, heh, heh (no Bell Travel pickup) and expect long, long delays, even late in the evening.

If you think you may have a medical emergency on those days, better to get out and stay near a hospital elsewhere, because nobody's moving out the way for an ambulance.

Yes, the terminal is open as usual on the 19th. Really really.

Edited by JSixpack

16 hours ago, JSixpack said:

The Songran FAQ already addresses that question but next year I'll make it more explicit about the North Pattaya Bus Terminal in particular for anyone not able to understand.

Q: Can I travel to or from Pattaya on the 18th or 19th?
A: Forget it. All roads around Pattaya turn into parking lots. The 19th is worse than the 18th, but, as noted, Pattaya is affected also by Naklua's Songkran on the 18th. Some, if not all, taxi services refuse to travel on the 19th.

The buses leaving Pattaya do run on the 19th, surprisingly, but you'll have to get to the station on your own, heh, heh (no Bell Travel pickup) and expect long, long delays, even late in the evening.

If you think you may have a medical emergency on those days, better to get out and stay near a hospital elsewhere, because nobody's moving out the way for an ambulance.

Yes, the terminal is open as usual on the 19th. Really really.

Is is possible to get out of town if leaving at 7am?

What are the actual dates for the holidays in Pattaya as they seem different than Bangkok that are 13-16 ? If one is traveling from Bangkok to Pattaya on the 16th is that a busy day to travel and is coming into Pattaya early morning or late at night preferable ? Thanks [emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, Lumbini said:

What are the actual dates for the holidays in Pattaya as they seem different than Bangkok that are 13-16 ? If one is traveling from Bangkok to Pattaya on the 16th is that a busy day to travel and is coming into Pattaya early morning or late at night preferable ? Thanks emoji120.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Last year traffic really wasn't bad until the 18th and 19th. The 16th should be fine for your travel. Some farang water hooligans will be migrating into town from BKK but they can only afford the bus and do get up later anyway. And if you need to get near the bar areas, then early morning will also be better for you.

1 hour ago, domdom said:

Hello

Can you tell me how the traffic could be so much affected on 19th, as I have to go to BGK..

I don t see how motorway could be blocked ?

Have a nice day

What time and where are you travelling from, if you can manage to get on the motorway via the back roads to the 36 from the dark side, that'll be fine.

Sukhumvit intersection between North and Central Pattaya should be fine till about 11-12 

Edited by digbeth

I am in Najomtien and was planing to go around 1 p.m but will go before, around 11 if it seems OK to you...

As an idiot I booked and payed everything in BGK 2 months ago, without thinking of Songkran..

I imagine I could go through Huay Yai and reach the motorway ? I usually go via Sukhumvit but better to change I imagine.. I will have a look on how to reach the motorway from there if convenient..

I am worried narrow Huay Yai road could be blocked ?

Thank you 

Have a nice day

Huay Yai won't be blocked, but coming up via Sukhumvit expects lots of delay from Chaiyapruk up to South Pattaya, some years Sukhumvit is relatively free of water fights, but things do kick off when people in the back of pickup trucks come to a stop near each other. The police do try to enforce no playing on Sukhumvit during the construction of the tunnel in past years. 

Going to 331 via Huay Yai is the safe bet, but Sukhumvit is doable if you allow for some delays