Thalang water meter robber arrested with Kratom

webfact

Thalang water meter robber arrested with Kratom

Police showed him the pictures from the footage and he confessed to the robberies.

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

image_123986672-5-1021x580.jpg

A 28 year old man from Satun, Alongkorn Iew-lek, has been arrested in Thalang with 2 bottles of Kratom water, equipment to make the Kratom drinks along with 14 blue-colour water meters and 2 gray-colour water meters.

On March 23, there were many reports about water meter robbery in the same area of Thalang. Police checked the CCTV camera footages and discovered Alongkorn, who was usually working at a pillow factory in Srisunthorn Sub-District, Thalang.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/thalang-water-meter-robber-arrested-with-kratom

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-04-13

2 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

FAKE! No one is pointing at anything. :passifier:

The new RTP guidelines have decreed that no one is to point any more.

Now they have to issue a photo with the offender/item(s) highlighted in a red circle. As there doesn't appear to a photo, then yes, it still must be fake!

I notice the guy at the back looks like he has a grey meter at his ear. Perhaps he's trying to hear the sea?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All levity aside, where's the profit in stealing water meters unless you actually own a water company?

More importantly, what's the difference between a blue or grey version?

And what's the correct spelling - grey or gray?

5 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Thanks for that, I didn't think of checking the intranet thingy.

Just to be more specific, I noticed a discrepancy between the way the word gray was spelt in the OP and the way a poster subsequently spelt it. I thought it to be a good indicator of nationality, or place of education, and thought to start a discussion point that could be slightly more interesting than some stolen water meters. 

I guess I was wrong.

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

Just to be more specific, I noticed a discrepancy between the way the word gray was spelt in the OP and the way a poster subsequently spelt it. I thought it to be a good indicator of nationality, or place of education, and thought to start a discussion point that could be slightly more interesting than some stolen water meters. 

I guess I was wrong.

Seeing as you're so interested:

The news report uses US English - gray. I'm British, so I use UK English - grey.

Same with color - US English and colour - UK English.

There are a lot of words with similar discrepancies in their spelling down to this. I'm guessing you're not a native English speaker not being aware of this?

I'm not sure if the water meters were stolen for their scrap value - is there copper in them, I'm not certain?

Or it could be resale opportunity to landlords renting multiple units within one property perhaps?

The thing I definitely am not aware of is the difference between blue and grey meters.

4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Seeing as you're so interested:

The news report uses US English - gray. I'm British, so I use UK English - grey.

Same with color - US English and colour - UK English.

There are a lot of words with similar discrepancies in their spelling down to this. I'm guessing you're not a native English speaker not being aware of this?

I'm not sure if the water meters were stolen for their scrap value - is there copper in them, I'm not certain?

Or it could be resale opportunity to landlords renting multiple units within one property perhaps?

The thing I definitely am not aware of is the difference between blue and grey meters.

Thanks for spelling things out for me, I'm still learning how to be proper with my English and always appreciate it when English people point out errors in the behavior of others.. 

On 13/04/2018 at 11:50 PM, Old Croc said:

Thanks for spelling things out for me, I'm still learning how to be proper with my English and always appreciate it when English people point out errors in the behavior of others.. 

You are not alone old croc, many cannot “ right or spoke proper England “  ( write or speak proper English ) in here, in fact sadly butchered English prevails with word such as normalsy and gotten to name but two.

Such words would never appear in the English dictionary because they do not exist in the English language.

However they along with many more non words do appear in the dictionary of bad spelling and lazy writing which again sadly is being taught daily in schools across Thailand.

Hey ho !