Where to park in Pattaya?

khaepmu

I will be visiting Pattaya  and I usually stay at my favorite  inexpensive guesthouse in south Pattaya but it doesn't have parking. Any suggestions as to where I can park. A safe place. I am a bit reluctant to just park on some side street. Friends have said parking anywhere in Pattaya is usually safe and you car won't be hijacked (stolen)but I am bit weary. Thanks

7 minutes ago, johng said:

Where exactly in South Pattaya ?
along the western end (towards walking street) of south pattaya road itself they have odd and even parking days car likely to be clamped or towed....you can park at Tukcom car park long term for a fee also at the Wat Chai temple for a fee...or in most side streets if you can find a spot.

Or the Car Park opposite soi buakhao market - but I don't have a car so no idea about overnight safety/costs....

Perhaps ask the Guesthouse for recommendations..???

Edited by Jeremia Juxtaposed

5 hours ago, johng said:

Where exactly in South Pattaya ?

More precise location would help.

And hopefully not in the next few days!

A couple of hotels offer outsider parking if you ask at the reception.

I am just not aware about conditions/prices.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Be careful where you park. I parked once on 3 rd road on what seemed a legal place, no lines etc. But upon returning 3 or 4 hours later found someone had painted red sticky paint on all 4 wheels. I guess i had parked on someone's "space" outside his shop/restaurant. Many thais think they own the bit of road outside their shop.

• Like 2

Tops car park; Pattaya Klang, coming from the beach, on the left before 2nd Road.  Stay as long as you want, but I think it's 20 Baht per hour, so could be expensive if you're staying a long time.

Edited by Moti24

Depends where you are in South Pattaya, that can cover quite an area and how close do you want the vehicle to be to where your accomodation is? Tops is central Pattaya and always full.

If you are near Pattaya Tai, Tuk-Com parking or Wat Chai Mongkon. If you don't intend using it during your stay Big-C near Sukhumvit (would be wary leaving it there a few days) or slightly better may be BiG-CX, central Pattaya near Klang/3rd Rd/Arunothai.

As you say Thais own the road as far as the central dotted lines infront of their shop and can be quite malicious so 'don't'....

Edited by jacko45k

15 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Does Central Festival have parking or is that only for the Hilton?

Of course they have a huge parking deck.

As far as I remember they do not allow overnight parking?

Also not cheap for longtime.

I parked one night in Soi 19 had doors and guards scratched and had to get repainted. Parked now behind Marquee bar 1,500 baht a month. Pay at the bar on the left going in, undercover parking and watched all night, been there 14 months now