Pattaya's Songkran celebration "as good as anywhere" says Thai media

rooster59

Pattaya's Songkran celebration "as good as anywhere" says Thai media

561000003850501.JPEG

Thai media was full of praise for Pattaya and its environs for putting on a great Songkran experience for Thais and foreign visitors alike on Friday, the first official day of the traditional Thai New Year celebration.

Manager said that all roads leading to Beach Road were jam packed as the celebration got into full swing.

Drawing particular praise was a city-wide parade showcasing the culture from the four Thai regions. 

The parade weaved its way through town and especially along Beach Road where thousands of merry makers splashing water greeted its arrival. 

Jomtien too was not missing out on the party as Manager proudly announced in its headline that Pattaya's Songkran celebration was second to none. 

561000003850502.JPEG

561000003850503.JPEG

561000003850504.JPEG

561000003850505.JPEG

561000003850506.JPEG

561000003850507.JPEG

Source: Manager

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-14

Isn't it wonderful- Pattaya gets to 'celebrate' through 19 April-  more 'wonderful' water throwing ; ice and filth in one's eyes; and a complete lack of respect for those who desire not to participate.  I only wish I was there. NOT ON A BET!!

Edited by Thaidream
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, mok199 said:

the last day,it is a ton of fun...

I have to agree.

But being on complete lock-down because of every other idiot for over a week before it is not. Pattaya is a "Big Joke" this time of year. Oh wait, I thought he was policing BKK yesterday :cheesy: