Phuket Marine chief blasts Paradise Beach ‘black water’ claim as fake, other beaches still suffer

webfact

Phuket Marine chief blasts Paradise Beach ‘black water’ claim as fake, other beaches still suffer

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1524048836_1-org.jpg

Phuket Marine Chief Surat Sirisaiyat inspects Paradise Beach on Sunday (April 15). Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET: The Chief of the Phuket Marine Office has blasted a report of oil-tainted “black water” contaminating the shore at Paradise Beach, south of Patong, as fake.

However, Phuket Marine Office Chief Surat Sirisaiyat told The Phuket News today that he will not investigate the incident further.**

Chief Surat Sirisaiyat and other officials inspected Paradise Beach on Sunday (April 15) after a post on a public group Facebook page last Thursday (April 12) alleged that black, oily water was washing ashore there.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-marine-chief-blasts-paradise-beach-black-water-claim-as-fake-other-beaches-still-suffer-66811.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-04-19

At what point will their denials be completely and utterly irrelevant against irrefutable evidence to the contrary.

The fear of missing out on a few more baht causes them to abandon all credibility and they started with very little.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Isn't that the beach/land area that is under dispute as regards illegal building/occupation?

Yes, correct. At least one building was ordered to be demolished over a year ago, but I think that issue quietly went away without explanation. Given the "owner" of Paradise Beach, I wouldn't be surprised if a considerable amount of influence was applied to direct the findings in the report as well as the decision to not investigate further.

21 minutes ago, DrDave said:

Yes, correct. At least one building was ordered to be demolished over a year ago, but I think that issue quietly went away without explanation. Given the "owner" of Paradise Beach, I wouldn't be surprised if a considerable amount of influence was applied to direct the findings in the report as well as the decision to not investigate further.

Oh, the "brown envelope", people in positions of power scenario.............connections to a former mayor and a current one coming into play perhaps?

Disgusting.

• Like 1