Now that the Tolls are open from Pattaya to Bangkok

thaiden1

The toll booths are now open. Yesterday coming from Bangkok to Pattaya, the entrance to highway 36 from 7 was a complete disaster. Backup was 2 km with 3 lanes for 36 and 1 lane for Pattaya. Cars and trucks cutting into outside lane to get closer to the tolls or were in the wrong lane to go to Pattaya. Some guy standing in the middle of the road trying to direct traffic with no success. Another guy closer to the tolls with a big sign standing in the third lane for Mpass. Accidents waiting to happen. What is going to happen on Monday morning when traffic is really heave to 36. Not much planning went into this project.

The tolls has been in operation since the start of the year, (and there were queues then) the only change since the 19th is that people coming from Bangkok leaving at the 36 exit previously had to pay 60 baht now has to pay 100 at that toll.

That exit has too few booths definitely

On 4/21/2018 at 4:27 PM, digbeth said:

people coming from Bangkok leaving at the 36 exit previously had to pay 60 baht now has to pay 100 at that toll.

Are you rounding up as I thought the total was 105 baht all the way to Pattaya? :smile:

Cost me 10 baht yesterday Pattaya to the 36 toll and same on return.

I also came back on Saturday afternoon (about 4pm) from Bangkok end and the 36 junction was still as @thaiden1 said above. We all seem to agree that the road layout/no. of booths does not seem to have been thought out very well. Possibly a similar issue at Laem Chebang (spelling?) junction coming south as well?

33 minutes ago, topt said:

Are you rounding up as I thought the total was 105 baht all the way to Pattaya? :smile:

Cost me 10 baht yesterday Pattaya to the 36 toll and same on return.

100 baht from Lad Krabang to 36 (Pong) exit, another 5 to Nong Prue (Last one to Pattaya) toll

which should make Pattaya to 36 exit 5 baht, maybe they count from Sukhumvit Intersecton, Thai logic?

Also just came back from Bangkok just now, the queue for 36 exit was atrocious, there were sign along the way for Rayong bound traffic to take earlier exit at Laem Chanbang (Nong Kham Tolls) but people are unfamiliar with the name of the tolls location, hopefully they will adjust.

The side roads were quite empty from Laem Chabang exit to 36, so the road can definitely take the volume or at lease move/spread the jam to the earlier tolls 

There's some room behind the current tolls at 36 to make a double stack arrangement for maybe another 3 booths

Archived