Visa outside of home country

I'm currently working overseas and looking to retire in Thailand.  My Thai GF has a house that we have built and I'd like to start looking into retiring.  The 800K in bank is not an issue so I think I have that covered.  But I don't want to return to my home country just to get a visa for Thailand.  Can I go to the Thai Embassy here and apply?

There is no Thai embassy here.

You can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement at a immigration office. The 800k baht will need to be in the bank for 60 day when you apply for the extension.

Before applying for the extension you will need a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry. You can apply for it at immigration with either a tourist visa or visa exempt entry.

If you had read the post "here" is anywhere other than my home country.  If I was French than France would be my home country but since I'm not there then here would be anyplace in the world!  Thailand has Embassies in other countries so it would also be assumed that here has a Thai Embassy.

5 minutes ago, djdubuque said:

If you had read the post "here" is anywhere other than my home country.  If I was French than France would be my home country but since I'm not there then here would be anyplace in the world!  Thailand has Embassies in other countries so it would also be assumed that here has a Thai Embassy.

depends on where ' here' is today to apply here, different here's have different rules.

nice man looking for help

10 minutes ago, djdubuque said:

If you had read the post "here" is anywhere other than my home country. 

You will find that is is actually VERY important where "here" is.

Each embassy has it's own rules and requirements, some are more "friendly" than others when it comes to requirements and attitude, even consulates in different parts of the same country can be very different.

And those requirements can change with time, a place that's great for tourist visas may suddenly (maybe due to a new ambassador) become a right royal pain.

So, my question stands, and if you want decent, accurate responses your nationality and current location are very necessary.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, djdubuque said:

A bit convoluted but never mind:smile:   Perhaps the Thai Embassy wherever you are will help. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, djdubuque said:

If you had read the post "here" is anywhere other than my home country. 

Since you posted on this forum which is located in Thailand it is easy to think here is here.

If you are a legal resident of the country you are located you might be able to apply for OA long stay visa for retirement.