Slim Pattaya

kyb789

Anyone been there yet?

Is it open yet?

Has it sadly become a drop off stop for tourist buses?

Is it a local hang out?

Is it worth checking out?

Does it resemble the original in Bangkok at all?

Inquiring minds want to know.. :o

give us a clue to what you are talking about and whatever it is, where is it?

BB

Slim is a discoteque. There are signs posted all over Pattaya about its grand opening. Difficult to miss all the signs. I would have thought most the residents would have seen them. Slim is supposed to be located on 2nd road somewhere near Hark Rock Hotel. Last time I checked many months ago it wasn't open yet.

i'm with you now, you mean the development between soi 6 and soi 5 off second road?

as far as i can remember from getting a flyer weeks ago, there are going to be quite a few themed bars in that complex including an ice bar (whatever that is, apparantly the bar is made out of ice) but not opening for a while yet.

Been there several times now.. Its quite a good place to hang out, mainly Thai customers. You can choose from 2 rooms, The Coyote Room where the music is Hip hop with dancing girls, or the Thai music / Hip hop room, where there is a live Thai band 2-3 hours per night.

Beer is 200 baht per small bottle, but it works out alot cheaper if you take in your own bottle of whiskey, this is what all the Thai's do. You dont see anyone drinking beer in there...

I think its 300 baht to get into the Coyote room, free in the other room, but if you take any whiskey other than Johnnie Walker then you willbe charged 300 baht...

Give it a try.. I go there all the time..

Been there several times now.. Its quite a good place to hang out, mainly Thai customers. You can choose from 2 rooms, The Coyote Room where the music is Hip hop with dancing girls, or the Thai music / Hip hop room, where there is a live Thai band 2-3 hours per night.

Beer is 200 baht per small bottle, but it works out alot cheaper if you take in your own bottle of whiskey, this is what all the Thai's do. You dont see anyone drinking beer in there...

I think its 300 baht to get into the Coyote room, free in the other room, but if you take any whiskey other than Johnnie Walker then you willbe charged 300 baht...

300bht to get in then 300bht for a JW! AND 200bht for a beer! :o

They can rest assured that they will never be seeing any of my hard earned.

That is a piss take and there are no bands in Pattaya that warrent those charges, including mine.

Edited by davethailand

That is a piss take and there are no bands in Pattaya that warrent those charges, including mine.

I agree. Just like the Manhattan restaurant :D

I didnt say its 300 baht for a Johnnie Walker..

They are sponsered by Johnnie walker, so if you take a bottle of 100 pipers in, You have to pay a 300 baht charge to get the bottle in there. It is free to take a bottle of Johnnie Walker in there and mixers/ice are about 50-60 baht each which lasts quite a while.

99% of the Thai's who go out drink whiskey anyway.. Not beer...

Also, no, its not 300 baht to get in, its 300 baht to see the all night coyote show. Its free to get into the live band room, as I said in my first post... :| Hope I made it more clearer this time!!!

Edited by Meg_ken2003

They are sponsered by Johnnie walker, so if you take a bottle of 100 pipers in, You have to pay a 300 baht charge to get the bottle in there. It is free to take a bottle of Johnnie Walker in there and mixers/ice are about 50-60 baht each which lasts quite a while.

I can't see this to be honest, Being sponsered by Johnnie Walker (which is easy to get btw) means that of course they order JW and display promo JW stuff but it works on the basis of how many bottles of JW you sell, then you get free bottles so if you take a bottle of JW in there and open it for free and only pay 50 -60 bht each then how does the bar earn any money?

They need to sell JW to forfill the sponsership.

Also, no, its not 300 baht to get in, its 300 baht to see the all night coyote show. Its free to get into the live band room, as I said in my first post... :| Hope I made it more clearer this time!!!

OK but 300bht to get in to see boring Coyotee dancers (with 15000bht barfines if thats your thing) and 200bht for a beer is still over the top IMO even if the band room is free.

:D

I agree. Just like the Manhattan restaurant :D

Have to say my visit to Manhattens was worth the amount paid. :D

I can't see this to be honest, Being sponsered by Johnnie Walker (which is easy to get btw) means that of course they order JW and display promo JW stuff but it works on the basis of how many bottles of JW you sell, then you get free bottles so if you take a bottle of JW in there and open it for free and only pay 50 -60 bht each then how does the bar earn any money?

They need to sell JW to forfill the sponsership.

OK but 300bht to get in to see boring Coyotee dancers (with 15000bht barfines if thats your thing) and 200bht for a beer is still over the top IMO even if the band room is free.

Why would I lie? I have been there several times. It is free to take a bottle of Whiskey in any theque, if they sponsor that company. Mixers are around 60 baht each, Most people have a few rounds of 4 mixers per night, depending on how many people there are. I ave 1 round of 4 mixers per night which works out at around 350 baht for 2 people for a few hours. Maybe you have never taken a bottle of whiskey into a disco before, ask any thai.

Well if you dont like 'Boring Coyote dancers' then dont go in there. Simple as that. " with 15000bht barfines if thats your thing " ... No, I dont take bargirls, or any girls for that matter, thankyou! This is probably why the sleazy Go-go bars arent my thing.

I never called you you a liar did I?

If its 50 -60bht per person per round of mixers then I can see that it would work that way although for a bar that sells beer for a 165bht profit is still drastically losing out on there JW sales.

Coyote dancers are very boring IMO as is watching most gogo dancers for that matter, It isn't important for me as I have a happy enough relationship already with no need to barfine.

I added the barfine comment so that others who did barfine (and there's nothing wrong with that) could comment.

"Sleazy gogo bars" come on don't start getting narrow minded :D but I would certainly rather use my cash to drink in a lot of sleazy gogo's than go to places like that! Disco's, dancing and clubs like that cater for the Thai's and Russians just aren't my cup of tea.

Decent live music is enjoyable but most of these disco's have the same thai hip hop stuff :o .

Edited by davethailand

If its 50 -60bht per person per round of mixers then I can see that it would work that way although for a bar that sells beer for a 165bht profit is still drastically losing out on there JW sales.

Coyote dancers are very boring IMO as is watching most gogo dancers for that matter, It isn't important for me as I have a happy enough relationship already with no need to barfine.

I added the barfine comment so that others who did barfine (and there's nothing wrong with that) could comment.

"Sleazy gogo bars" come on don't start getting narrow minded :D but I would certainly rather use my cash to drink in a lot of sleazy gogo's than go to places like that! Disco's, dancing and clubs like that cater for the Thai's and Russians just aren't my cup of tea.

Decent live music is enjoyable but most of these disco's have the same thai hip hop stuff :o .

You didnt call me a liar, but you did say "I can't see this to be honest" So being dishonest, is lying. It is 50-60 baht PER MIXER not per person. Therefor if one person drinks 5 mixers, and uses 1 bucket of ice, this works out at at least few hundred baht per person therefor they will be making a nice profit even for a table of 4. And this doesnt go just for Slim, but Hollywood, X-ztye, Star Dice ect are all the same price-ranges.

Coyote Dancers bore me too. Go-go girls bore me even more. I am also in a happy relationship, hence enjoying the Thai live band.. However, even if I wasnt in a relationship, I wouldnt visit the go-go bars. I dont need to barfine anyone, lol...

Anyway, everyone has a different taste, Go-go bars maybe your thing, but Id prefer the disco's without the girl dancers, and which cater for mainly Thai's. The Thai live band in Slim is not Hip hop music however there is hip hop music in between the live bands. I dont know what they play down Walking street and in these go go bars, but Hip Hop is the 'in' music for the Younger generation and the Thai's at the moment.

You can stick to your go-go's with dancing girls, Ill stick to my disco's without the girls...... Dont see any harm in that... Everyone has different tastes.... :D

Edited by Meg_ken2003

"Sleazy gogo bars" come on don't start getting narrow minded :bah: but I would certainly rather use my cash to drink in a lot of sleazy gogo's than go to places like that! Disco's, dancing and clubs like that cater for the Thai's and Russians just aren't my cup of tea.

Decent live music is enjoyable but most of these disco's have the same thai hip hop stuff :D .

You didnt call me a liar, but you did say "I can't see this to be honest" So being dishonest, is lying. It is 50-60 baht PER MIXER not per person. Therefor if one person drinks 5 mixers, and uses 1 bucket of ice, this works out at at least few hundred baht per person therefor they will be making a nice profit even for a table of 4. And this doesnt go just for Slim, but Hollywood, X-ztye, Star Dice ect are all the same price-ranges.

I didn't say you were dishonest either. :D

Coyote Dancers bore me too. Go-go girls bore me even more. I am also in a happy relationship, hence enjoying the Thai live band.. However, even if I wasnt in a relationship, I wouldnt visit the go-go bars. I dont need to barfine anyone, lol...

Anyway, everyone has a different taste, Go-go bars maybe your thing, but Id prefer the disco's without the girl dancers, and which cater for mainly Thai's. The Thai live band in Slim is not Hip hop music however there is hip hop music in between the live bands. I dont know what they play down Walking street and in these go go bars, but Hip Hop is the 'in' music for the Younger generation and the Thai's at the moment.

You can stick to your go-go's with dancing girls, Ill stick to my disco's without the girls...... Dont see any harm in that... Everyone has different tastes.... :D

I go to the gogo's mainly to see mates who run/own them, as said not because of the girls although I have some friends that are service staff and dancers in some of the bars.

Walking St bars play different stuff ranging from Hip Hop to Rock, There's even a really good blues club. :o :bah:

You can stick to your go-go's with dancing girls, Ill stick to my disco's without the girls......

Haven't found that place in Pattaya yet, but anyway I prefer a few girls in the disco :o

Cheers

Obviously lots of girls in the disco's, but all seem to be the ones that DONT dance around a pole. Id prefer to be around these kinda people.. At least they want to know you for you and not something else.

You can stick to your go-go's with dancing girls, Ill stick to my disco's without the girls......

Haven't found that place in Pattaya yet, but anyway I prefer a few girls in the disco :o

Cheers

Obviously lots of girls in the disco's, but all seem to be the ones that DONT dance around a pole. Id prefer to be around these kinda people.. At least they want to know you for you and not something else.

Pull the other one :D

I didn't say you were dishonest either. :D

So you say Im not being honest which means what then? That Im telling the truth? Come on!!!

It means that as a bar owner myself I couldn't see how they could do that finascially, I couldn't see that the club could offer a promotion like that!

I didn't say " Your a liar and dishonest".

Chill out.

and Rock, There's even a really good blues club. :o [/color] :bah:

Rock.. :D .. Blues... :D

Go go dancers :D

You're being narrow minded again. :bah:

Try a real music club, you might like it.

You're being narrow minded again. :D

Been here many many years, So I actually have tried them all, and I wouldnt call it real music. Blues seems a little old fashioned for the younger generation. Ive been there, done that, hated it. Do you have some kind of a problem with hip hop music? As its all the rage with the 'younger' people especially the Thai's at the moment :o

You're being narrow minded again. :D

Been here many many years, So I actually have tried them all, and I wouldnt call it real music. Blues seems a little old fashioned for the younger generation. Ive been there, done that, hated it. Do you have some kind of a problem with hip hop music? As its all the rage with the 'younger' people especially the Thai's at the moment :o

I'm part of the younger generation. I'm in my 20s and I can't stand hip hop. Not many of my friends back home can and don't find too many of my Thai friends that do either. Hip Hop is for teenie boppers and the like.

Oh yeah, except for the Beastie Boys. They rock and are the true heart and soul of hip hop.

Edited by jbsears

You're being narrow minded again. :bah:

Been here many many years, So I actually have tried them all, and I wouldnt call it real music. Blues seems a little old fashioned for the younger generation. Ive been there, done that, hated it. Do you have some kind of a problem with hip hop music? As its all the rage with the 'younger' people especially the Thai's at the moment :D

You wouldn't call rock, blues & RnB etc real music?

I haven't got a problem with hip hop apart from alot of the modern hip hop stuff being rubbish.

Most Hip Hop stuff is sampled from real music that you hate then they add their lyrics talking about booty and cars etc. :D:o

I like some Hip Hop and grew up with Public Enemy, Beastie Boys etc and I don't mind some of the talented Hip Hop artists like Snoop Dog, Dr Dre, Eminem etc but the pop hip hop stuff is absolute crap along with the MTV rubbish. :D

I like all kinds of music and I'm only 34 and I've also been here a few years, I never liked blues really and in the UK I spent alot of time in dance clubs but have to say that now I've learnt alot about music since I've been here and it amazes me just how widespread blues and how many people have changed and used the blues style in their stuff.

You don't where baggy jeans, baseball caps and dollar signs around your neck do you :bah: ? and how old do you need to be to be part of the "younger" generation? :D

Edited by davethailand