English Test in the UK - Only London down south??

We are just about to be sorting out the 2nd stage of Mrs E's settlement visa - the FLR, I have a list of all the test centres available for the language test and the nearest to Kent is London, I have a friend who's in the same position as us and is adamant that the current Mrs E can do the test in Canterbury but I can't find the details so I'm saying London - anyone have any advance on that?

Thanks

Mr E

Guest jonzboy

Wifey just took her B1 test with Trinity at Hammersmith.  We live in west Surrey so the trip by rail only took an hour or so.  The test centre is just yards from the tube station.  By the by, the examiner was from somewhere other than the UK, and the other test centre staff spoke almost unintelligible English.  The identity checks before the test take 30 minutes and include a voice recording and photo.  They also take away all your belongings including phone, watch etc before entering the exam room.

1 minute ago, jonzboy said:

By the by, the examiner was from somewhere other than the UK, and the other test centre staff spoke almost unintelligible English

Can you say that sort of thing these days? 

Wifey just took her B1 test with Trinity at Hammersmith.  We live in west Surrey so the trip by rail only took an hour or so.  The test centre is just yards from the tube station.  By the by, the examiner was from somewhere other than the UK, and the other test centre staff spoke almost unintelligible English.  The identity checks before the test take 30 minutes and include a voice recording and photo.  They also take away all your belongings including phone, watch etc before entering the exam room.
I hope she passed! The security checks required by UKVI for doing the A1/B1 test in Thailand (IELTS Life Skills) are equally thorough although usually only take around 10 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

23 hours ago, wgdanson said:
23 hours ago, jonzboy said:

By the by, the examiner was from somewhere other than the UK, and the other test centre staff spoke almost unintelligible English.  

Can you say that sort of thing these days? 

You can say it; doesn't make it true!

I stand to be corrected, but assume what jonzboy really means is that the examiner wasn't white and the others had accents of some kind. Maybe coming from deepest west Surrey he finds west London accents difficult?

Regardless, if the examiner is suitably qualified and proficient in English, what does it matter?

23 hours ago, jonzboy said:

They also take away all your belongings including phone, watch etc before entering the exam room.

S.O.P. these days. I recently had to take an exam for my CSCS card as my new job involves site visits. I had to empty everything from my pockets into a locker; even my handkerchief as "you may have the answers written on it."