New! Hyper Cheap Flights From Doi Saket!

rcpilot

I met the owner of most of the property in your video and the scrap planes and other items.  He is ex-military and owns an airplane recycling company in Bangkok (Airborne Aviation Group Co. LTD).  He is a nice guy, if a little eccentric, and gave me a tour this site. He plans to convert the 'wide body' into a restaurant and event location.  He also plans a resort, coffee shop, and many other ideas and tourist draws.  He also would like to start a technical training center for Thai's who wish to learn aviation related mechanics.

He told me there is also, somewhere to the rear of this land, an airstrip used by the Japanese during the war.  I haven't been able to locate it, but perhaps using your drone you would have better luck than I.    :)

The Japanese airstrip the man was talking about very well could be the WW ll Khao Kaeb airstrip.  It was located a kilometer or so south of where G&M German restaurant is today.  Here is a link with an old map, you will see Khao Kaeb airstrip near the top of the map that is in the story.  Keep us posted if you find it.