Bus crash in Surat Thani leaves 20 injured

webfact

Bangkok- Khanom bus ran off Highway 41 and crashed into roadside tree injuring about 20 passengers on Monday morning.

31543716_2483646095194510_50775079192646

The bus from Bangkok was on the way to Khanom district of Nakhon Si Thammarat with 36 passengers when it slid off the highway in Chaya district of Surat Thani at 5.00am, and crashed into tree by the roadside and flipped over.

About 20 passengers were injured. Rescue and relief officials were alerted and arrived at the scene shortly afterwards. All were admitted to Chaiya and Thachana hospitals for treatment.

Bus driver Somsak Jaijang, 55, claimed a 10-wheeler cut in his right lane too close in overtaking his bus, forcing him to swerve to the left to avoid hitting it.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/category/breakingnews/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-04-30

Bus flips in Surat Thani, 19 passengers injured

By The Nation

Nineteen passengers were injured in Surat Thani on Monday morning when their bus, allegedly travelling at high speed in foggy conditions, plunged into a ditch between lanes and rolled.

The air-conditioned Bangkok-Nakhon Si Thammarat bus went into the ditch on the Asia Highway between Tha Chana and Chaiya districts at 4.52am, police said.

The Sri Suthep Tour Co bus was carrying 36 passengers.

Fifteen of the injured passengers were sent to Chaiya Hospital, from which one was transferred to Surat Thani provincial hospital in serious condition.

The four others injured were treated at Tha Chana Hospital.

A passenger who was unhurt said he was sitting behind the driver and noticed the bus was exceeding 100 kilometres per hour in thick fog.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30344288

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-04-30

1 hour ago, ebean001 said:

Here are USA numbers on bus crashes

about 5.5 people a week killed in USA on buses

You do remember this is Thailand right.  Not sure why you would compare populations of a developed Country of 326 million to a developing country of 68 million.  Statistics need to be on context, in my opinion.

"A passenger who was unhurt said he was sitting behind the driver and noticed the bus was exceeding 100 kilometres per hour in thick fog."

He makes no mention of the truck that the driver said forced him off the road.

so will the Police believe the drivers story,

regards Worgeordie

3 hours ago, Dino 308 said:

Why are buses always in the right lane, only country in the world?? Is the size of bus drivers di**s smaller in Thailand,,,

Not at all they are the biggest di**s in the world the statistics confirm this

4 hours ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

You do remember this is Thailand right.  Not sure why you would compare populations of a developed Country of 326 million to a developing country of 68 million.  Statistics need to be on context, in my opinion.

Thailands statistics can only be described as p*ss poor in any context

About time they bring in law stating all vehicles to remain in left lane unless overtaking, as in other countries. that way emergency vehicles can have safe passage. First story driver claims truck cut in front of in right lane forcing him to swerve left  so how did he end up in medium strip??????????. me thinks somebody telling Porkies

3 hours ago, a977 said:

About time they bring in law stating all vehicles to remain in left lane unless overtaking, as in other countries. that way emergency vehicles can have safe passage. First story driver claims truck cut in front of in right lane forcing him to swerve left  so how did he end up in medium strip??????????. me thinks somebody telling Porkies.

Agreed, porkies no doubt! By the way, it is law to keep left unless overtaking in Thailand. Section 34 (500B). But it, as so many laws in Thailand are NOT enforced by those who are paid to do so.                                                                                      I was driving from Hat Yai to Krabi recently and actually saw a sign stating 'to keep left unless overtaking', I wanted to stop and take a photo of it, but wifey said I was being stupid and  didn't see the funny side.

4 hours ago, a977 said:

About time they bring in law stating all vehicles to remain in left lane unless overtaking, as in other countries. that way emergency vehicles can have safe passage. First story driver claims truck cut in front of in right lane forcing him to swerve left  so how did he end up in medium strip??????????. me thinks somebody telling Porkies

That is the law already, it's simply not enforced like almost every other law.

Archived