What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

6 hours ago, jope said:

Surprised to see Earl's brother Randy (Ethan Suplee) from "My Name is Earl", but in the brief moments he appeared in this preview he looked rather terrifying. What happened, Randy? Steroids?

Definitely looking forward to this one.

Either steroids or he's been on the 'Burger Diet' since his days as Randy!

• Like 1

Really nice travel series by the BBC: Asian Provocateur. Full of charming and funny moments.

A sri lankan guy, comedian romesh ranganathan, who is 100% brit in upbringing gets egged on by his mum to discover his roots.

Hilarious.

Some may compare it to An Idiot Abroad but it has a lot more affection for the subject matter and sri lanka.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

Really nice travel series by the BBC: Asian Provocateur. Full of charming and funny moments.

A sri lankan guy, comedian romesh ranganathan, who is 100% brit in upbringing gets egged on by his mum to discover his roots.

Hilarious.

Some may compare it to An Idiot Abroad but it has a lot more affection for the subject matter and sri lanka.

I watched this. Maybe it's a cultural thing, but I found bits moderately funny. I like the guy when he appears on Mock the Week, but this sorta fell flat for me overall

2 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

I watched this. Maybe it's a cultural thing, but I found bits moderately funny. I like the guy when he appears on Mock the Week, but this sorta fell flat for me overall

I dont think its meant to be haha funny.....more like amusing in parts....saved me the trouble of a trip to sri lanka....which is a compliment 

On Saturday, October 08, 2016 at 7:02 AM, giddyup said:

Series 3 of the excellent British crime drama "The Fall" with Gillian Anderson has begun, but if you haven't watched it previously you'll need to download the first two series otherwise it may not make much sense.

Tnx for the heads up. First couple of episodes are disappointing, however, just fluff, unless you really like to hang around in the ER. Seems they're running the clock--I hope for some good purpose that better show itself soon!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Tnx for the heads up. First couple of episodes are disappointing, however, just fluff, unless you really like to hang around in the ER. Seems they're running the clock--I hope for some good purpose that better show itself soon!

I agree, seemed like a lot of unnecessary filler.

Saw the first episode of Divorce. Some well known faces in it including Sara Jessica Parker and more importantly: it is from Sharon Horgan. One can notice by the nasty dialogues and speeches. I found it rather entertaining but I find almost everything from or with Sharon Horgan entertaining ("Pulling" and "Catastrophe" being my favourites). If you like this kind of humour, give it a try.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JSixpack said:

I found the change of pace quite agreeable....the forensic look at how paul isntreated was very watchable...inthink this season is shaping up around what a bugger it is going to be tomtry this fellow successfully with all the politics among the coppers. 

10 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Seen both now, thanks for recomended them. Prefer the last one more than the first. Anymore good documentaries worth watching? Be much appreciated.

Are you streaming these docos and if so from which site please?

Or are you dl from the normal places?

Another good one is the documentary Killing Ed. If you don't know about the Turkish Cult that owns the most Charter schools in the US and probably around the world this will be enlightening. This is related to the recent coup in Turkey and the man who the present Turkish government wants extradited to the US.

• Like 1

An interesting if rather sobering original documentary from Netflix.

It's sort of topical for me, since I seem to have been mistaken by another TVF member for some apparently unsavory soul after posting a picture here, a picture that I found with a Google search! The documentary shows the whole tragic consequences of our online culture

3 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

An interesting if rather sobering original documentary from Netflix.

It's sort of topical for me, since I seem to have been mistaken by another TVF member for some apparently unsavory soul after posting a picture here, a picture that I found with a Google search! The documentary shows the whole tragic consequences of our online culture

What picture?

Do tell GinBoy2...

7 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

What picture?

Do tell GinBoy2...

Google 'fat guy young girl pattaya' it'll be either the first or second picture on the image tab. Comes from a website called 'http://www.adventurouskate.com

Where she got the picture from, who knows, but it appears the original photographer seems quite infamous in certain segments of the Pattaya crowd.

What happens on the internet, stays on the Internet!

Edited by GinBoy2

The Siege of Jadotville : It's a pretty decent movie based on a true story about Irish soldiers working for the UN in the Congo in 1960s. From Netflix but seems to be available in other places online.

[/url]  
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Jadotville

Enjoyed it ,but it's been on free streaming same time as Netflix,can never see why folks pay these days

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect
  • Like 1