What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Just downloaded a new documentry  from the BBC the Victorian slum , its in 5 parts and puts a group of family's into a Victorian slum to see how hard life was , boy it was hard , one thing its PC , they have an Asian family living in the east end in 1850 ? don't think so , it was Jewish people there then , lol .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GinBoy2 said:

Another roll of my Anglophile taste.

OMG, first episode of Planet Earth 2; Islands.

Now I'm an American, I do however subscribe to my local PBS station, which will I'm sure at some point air this, so at least i feel some justification in this post

This is what public television was made for. Dump the Bake Offs, Eastenders, let commercial television do that!

This is  a truly remarkable piece of television, impossible to be to made in the commercial world, Thank You BBC

And the tragedy is that the Bullshit Broadcasting Company are talking about not making any more shows like this as its to expensive . , the left wing luvvies who now run the once fantastic BBC much prefere to put on crud like bake off, such a tragedy how the mighty have fallen .

2 hours ago, i claudius said:

And the tragedy is that the Bullshit Broadcasting Company are talking about not making any more shows like this as its to expensive . , the left wing luvvies who now run the once fantastic BBC much prefere to put on crud like bake off, such a tragedy how the mighty have fallen .

Wish they'd bring back Lovejoy and Bergerac. I loved watching those shows.

• Like 2

Since I was singing the praises of public broadcasting, here's my equally OMFG how awesome is this, commercial TV accolade.

Westworld on HBO is just about as awesome as it gets. Just finished watching episode 7, and it just keeps getting better.

So, we only have 3 more episodes to go, but the prospect of a season 2 is looking promising...

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/1583880/will-westworld-get-renewed-for-season-2-heres-what-an-hbo-exec-says

On 10 November, 2016 at 8:53 AM, Will27 said:

Episode 1 of Season 4 of Braquo is available.

If you like a good cop drama, this is one the best.

i think sno released all 8 at once….i can see them all on exodus as well.

Edited by JHolmesJr
  • Like 1

Absolutely Fabulous - The Movie (2015)

Publicist Edina Monsoon and best friend Patsy Stone are still shopping, drinking and clubbing their way around London's trendiest hot spots. While attending an elite party, they wind up knocking supermodel Kate Moss into the River Thames. Her untimely demise creates a media firestorm, leading the paparazzi to relentlessly pursue the hapless duo. Seeking refuge, the gals flee to the French Riviera where they hatch a plan to make their escape permanent and live the high life forever.

1479123595595.jpg.fe257cbd939fd3cb2a4c3b

1 hour ago, Wilsonandson said:

Absolutely Fabulous - The Movie (2015)

Publicist Edina Monsoon and best friend Patsy Stone are still shopping, drinking and clubbing their way around London's trendiest hot spots. While attending an elite party, they wind up knocking supermodel Kate Moss into the River Thames. Her untimely demise creates a media firestorm, leading the paparazzi to relentlessly pursue the hapless duo. Seeking refuge, the gals flee to the French Riviera where they hatch a plan to make their escape permanent and live the high life forever.

1479123595595.jpg

mmmm, I watched this. I loved the TV sitcom, for the most part, I 'liked' this for the most part

I found it OK, but as with many a sitcom they are of their time, and you need to know when its time to hang up the shingle.

Some are timeless; Frasier, Faulty Towers, Friends...this isn't one of them

I'd place this on the 'slightly past the sell by date' discount counter at the supermarket...still edible but definitely  discounted

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1

On 19/05/2016 at 0:05 PM, Will27 said:

Tv series - Locked Up

An excellent start to the is 24 part series from Spain.
Has hard encoded subs.

IMDB: She broke the law for the boss she fell in love with. Now this naive girl has to pay the price.

Finally go around to watching this one in it's entirety.

Thought it was fantastic.

If you like a good prison show, give it a try.

• Like 1

If you’re not watching Last Week Tonight with John Oliver on HBO, you are depriving yourself of experiencing one of the funniest and most informative programs on television right now. Oliver and his team are working at a level on par with Jon Stewart in his prime. I consider the show to be unmissable.
1477207951373.jpg.82e280fc761c4be8902afc1589cb667d.jpg

Saw episode 30 last night, absolutely hilarious a must watch if you hate Donald Trump.

Australian Crime Stories

Quite enjoying this one.

The names on here will be familiar with the Aussies.
Most have been portrayed in the series Underbelly.

Currently up to episode 6 - Lennie McPherson
5 - Russell Cox
4 - Dennis Allen
3 - Mick Sayers
2 - Chris Flannery
1 - Alphonse Gangitano

• Like 2

Tv series - Shooter

This one didn't really do it for me I'm afraid.

Just the usual corrupt government agents, conspiracies and a healthy does of clichés thrown in.

IMDB: A conspiracy thriller that follows the journey of Bob Lee Swagger, a highly-decorated veteran who is coaxed back
into action to prevent a plot to kill the President.

I stumbled upon a 2013 epic version of 'The Bible' the other day from the History channel; 10 x 90 min episodes.

I am not at all religious but episode 1 kept me on my seat & was the most enjoyable  film of this nature since 'Brian' :)

The Bible (TV Mini-Series 2013) - IMDb

& here's a follow up:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4074084/videoplayer/vi729722393?ref_=tt_ov_vi

Edited by evadgib

On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 6:35 PM, faraday said:

3rd episode of Chance was very good. Hope it continues like this.

Not very good, Chance. Looked like it had potential at the beginning. But there are few ongoing series I find worth watching except Westworld, so I'm watching it. Looking forward to the next seasons of the really good stuff finally getting out there.

The Fall...it's over

Finally made it to the end of The Fall. As someone else wrote, the conclusion was quite satisfactory. Gillian Anderson (such a classically beautiful woman) and Jamie Dornan were fantastic in their roles. I wonder if it messed with JD's mind to play such a deeply disturbed man.

I can't say I'll miss it, but it played just long enough (3 sets of 6 episodes) and went dark when there was no more to say.

Now, when is Line of Duty coming back?

10/10