What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Documentary - Interview with a Murderer

Enjoyed this doco with David Wilson.

IMDB: Criminologist Prof David Wilson conducts a series of interviews with convicted murderer Bert Spencer, the man suspected
of - yet never charged with - killing paperboy Carl Bridgewater in 1978.

• Like 1

Tv series- El Marginal

Just watched the first 2 episodes of this one and thought they were fantastic.

Was unable to find a place to download so had to stream them.
Thirteen episodes in all with subs.

IMDB: Miguel,a former Argentinian cop, is sent by a judge to get into a prison in order to find the kidnapper of his daughter as a result of a favour.
Once in there, he changes his name to Pastor Peña, and tries to survive by gaining the confidence of the recluses.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

If your watching the latest season of the curse of oak island then last weeks episode was one of the best. If like me you can't wait for next week's episode then have a look at this link. Very interesting read.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.mysteriesofcanada.com/nova-scotia/the-curse-of-oak-island-season-4-episode-7-all-that-glitters/amp/

the-truth-behind-treasure-in-fiction.png

I have to admit to being totally absorbed by this. I have been intrigued since I was a kid, fascinating to see the process.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, i claudius said:

Shame you don't like it ,just watched 3 more episodes its excellent. Another series looking good,Goliath, about a washed up lawyer

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

I enjoyed Goliath.

Billy Bob Thornton and Bill Hurt.

What's not to like!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Checked it out last night. Watched it all in one go. Fantastic acting, best tele I've seen in a long time. Looking forward to watching 'In plain sight'.

If anyone sees any similar program please post them here. Rillington place was superb almost as good as happy valley. I had to watch a documentary about 10 rillington place today because of the interest that this BBC series has given me.

Unmissable is what I say. One of the greatest crime stories ever produced for the television screens. Thankyou for sharing.

The original (10 Rillington Place) with Richard Attenborough is also very good. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066730/

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Checked it out last night. Watched it all in one go. Fantastic acting, best tele I've seen in a long time. Looking forward to watching 'In plain sight'.

If anyone sees any similar program please post them here. Rillington place was superb almost as good as happy valley. I had to watch a documentary about 10 rillington place today because of the interest that this BBC series has given me.

Unmissable is what I say. One of the greatest crime stories ever produced for the television screens. Thankyou for sharing.

After you watch IPS you might like to read up on the bloke in real life, particularly his last few days.

Edited by evadgib

A two part adaptation of Agetha Christies 'Witness for the Procecution' is worth a look. It's set in 1923 & features Toby Jones as the defending brief. It went out via the Beeb a few days ago & has more twists than chubby checker :)

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Will27 said:
Tv series- El Marginal

Just watched the first 2 episodes of this one and thought they were fantastic.

Was unable to find a place to download so had to stream them.
Thirteen episodes in all with subs.

IMDB: Miguel,a former Argentinian cop, is sent by a judge to get into a prison in order to find the kidnapper of his daughter as a result of a favour.
Once in there, he changes his name to Pastor Peña, and tries to survive by gaining the confidence of the recluses.

Are all episodes available on vimeo?

Streams great via kodi vimeo add-on

Edited by JHolmesJr

5 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Not sure about streaming on vimeo mate.

I only used that for the trailer.

ohhh….Im watching episode 1  right now :)

Had to install the vimeo add-on from kodi repo….where did you stream from?

Edited by JHolmesJr

On 29/12/2559 at 7:58 AM, Will27 said:

I enjoyed this one.

IMDB: A dramatization of the April 2010 disaster when the offshore drilling rig, Deepwater Horizon, exploded and created the worst oil spill in U.S. history.

Sad to say that this movie is an embarrassment to my beloved industry and I haven't seen that much British bashing since Braveheart.

• Like 2

The Girl with All the Gifts 

The film based on the novel  M.R. Carey, based on his Edgar Award winning short story, "Iphigenia In Aulis". It deals with a dystopian future in which most of humanity is wiped out by a fungal infection.

Basically this is Zombie style movie with some very dark twists 

• Like 1