What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Binge watched all ten episodes of Narcos....very good. Cliched narrative but still a gripping watch

Wagner Moura is an amazing actor....the menace he builds into escobar feels very natural ...check out his two other brazilian films on the role of rio's swat police...BOPE.....think its called elite squad....

• Like 1

I'm really liking Narcos, as are a lot of punters here, but I think (maybe Frank will chime in and agree with me) that this is somewhat of a glorification of the war on drugs - seeing cocaine or Pablo Escobar as some kind of martyr...

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving it, but Escobar seems to be so romanticised, like some kind of pride piper...

Either way, great docu-drama series...

How so you see escobar then grant ? On pure Economical grounds to do what he did was absolutely 100% genius.

rijit

Ps

I`m only half way through the series :D

Edited by rijit

Good to also see Ray Ray getting back to what he does best... Fixing shit up.. I'm also holding faint hope that Micky won't <deleted> everything up...

Another show that's kicked off under the radar, starring Patrick Stewart, Mr Blunt... Two episodes in.. Hooked.. Damn funny...

I think you mean blunt talk not mr bluntthumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Good to also see Ray Ray getting back to what he does best... Fixing shit up.. I'm also holding faint hope that Micky won't <deleted> everything up...

Another show that's kicked off under the radar, starring Patrick Stewart, Mr Blunt... Two episodes in.. Hooked.. Damn funny...

I think you mean blunt talk not mr bluntthumbsup.gif

That's the one, thanks i claudius ;)

I'm really liking Narcos, as are a lot of punters here, but I think (maybe Frank will chime in and agree with me) that this is somewhat of a glorification of the war on drugs - seeing cocaine or Pablo Escobar as some kind of martyr...

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving it, but Escobar seems to be so romanticised, like some kind of pride piper...

How so you see escobar then grant ? On pure Economical grounds to do what he did was absolutely 100% genius.

rijit

Ps

I`m only half way through the series biggrin.png

Escobar? Ruthless individual... What he did - on purely economical terms - genius...

That said, glorifying the war on drugs... Not really a good look...

rijit

Ps

I`m only half way through the series biggrin.png

Escobar? Ruthless individual... What he did - on purely economical terms - genius...

That said, glorifying the war on drugs... Not really a good look...

Yeah defo ruthless. Given the market anymore ruthless than other major ceo's? Mmm has to be at least open to debate . and agreed glorifying wars shouldnt really be on. But then should that moral stance be applied to film makers ? Really questions the whole 'war' genre.

rijit

Oh come on, don't tell me that if you had been in his shoes you wouldn't have done it!!! All that from buying the first 5 kilos!!!

Off to watch episode 5.

On the same subject - watch the movie Mr Nice.

Dont think.u Can compare the two, escobar created and ran a multi billion $ industry and went to war against a nation .mr nice guy was a happy hippy fuckin around transporting relatively small amounts grass.

rijit

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

Suits, One More Time

Season Three, Episode Ten: Greatest Episode of Suits All Time! Flashback City! Valuable Background on all Major Players! Shocking Conclusion! The BEST EVER!

ELEVEN, and now we must wait....

using flash bacs ?

Without watching it cant help but think maybe just maybe they really have run out of ideas. Hope not

But we'll see.

rijit

Suits, One More Time

Season Three, Episode Ten: Greatest Episode of Suits All Time! Flashback City! Valuable Background on all Major Players! Shocking Conclusion! The BEST EVER!

using flash bacs ?

Without watching it cant help but think maybe just maybe they really have run out of ideas. Hope not

But we'll see.

rijit

Well if it was season 3, as Frank says, then we all know they haven't run out.. But if he means season 5, then again, no, they haven't run out of ideas. It's more of a 'putting things into context' plot line...

;)

Does anyone watch BoJack Horseman?

Outstanding animated sitcom. It's set in a world where humans and human animals live side by side and the main character being a former sit-com star on hard times. Plenty of famous guest voices but great satire on entertainment business but really enjoyed it

2nd series recently came out and renewed for a 3rd

Suits, One More Time

using flash bacs ?

But we'll see.

rijit

Well if it was season 3, as Frank says, then we all know they haven't run out.. But if he means season 5, then again, no, they haven't run out of ideas. It's more of a 'putting things into context' plot line...

wink.png

Oh drat, I was so excited and shaken after watching that episode that I misidentified the season. Of course i meant Season 5. As mentioned earlier, the series producers hope to get a few more seasons out of it. Things are spinning out in several directions at this point, which should provide many more opportunities for great TV drama. I just hope it doesn't lead to "spin-offs." Those almost never work. Remember "Beverly Hills Buntz?"

Donnahhhhh....

Enemies of the People (2010)

It would be a real shame for this mind blowing documentary not to receive wider attention. It's a ten year effort by Cambodian journalist Thet Sambath to interview common soldiers and one high officer of the Khmer Rouge regime (1975 - '79), in order to try to understand the thinking that went into the mass killing, starvation, and brutality of that era.

Over a period of ten years this man used his own time and money to go into the countryside to find eyewitnesses and participants, who would be willing to talk. He befriended two farmers who took part in the killings, who led him to others, and showed him sites where the killing happened. Thet also cultivated the respect and friendship of "Brother Number Two", second in command to Pol Pot, a man who knew it would only be a short time before he would have to face trial. It took three years of small talk and chit chat before he began to open up about the regime, and his role in what happened.

People will have their own personal reactions to the testimony of these soldiers, but I came away finding it hard to hate or blame them, for being small cogs in a huge, horrible machine.

I have never seen anything quite like this.

• Like 1

Tv Series - The Trials of Jimmy Rose

A 3 part series about ex-con and former gangster Jimmy Rose, who gets out of jail after serving 12 years for armed robbery,

and finds his family have been getting on well without him.

I'm a big Ray Winstone fan and enjoyed episode 1 of this series.

Enjoyed episode 1, looking forward to the rest
  • Like 1

Mr Robot

Just finished its first season (10 episodes)

A few surprises with this one, but I have enjoyed it quite a bit. Some twists and turns I didn't see coming. Some I did. Some I expected and they didn't come.

Looking forward to season 2

The Last Ship

One more episode to go this season. (currently 12/13)

Vast improvement over season One.. God references were toned down. Inane behaviors , for the main, were tempered and sacrifices of cast were made.

Not sure what the final episode this season will bring, but feeling hopeful about next season.

I've got episode 10 of Mr Robot ready to go.

Pleased to see that Narcos and Mr Robot have both been approved for a second series.

• Like 2

Gang

What's the skinny on the Tv shows Empire and Longmire?

I've seen some good reviews on both and was wondering if anyone here could

give me their opinion on them?

BAc a while I watched the pilot of Empire and found it to full of cliches and overall not particularly smart ,,, jump onto today and a lack of newbie tv to watch and will's reminder, i though why not ,, and its good good story telling and strong characters well directed ,and styled to a T

As for longmire , i again watched a few and didnt rate it so maybe Ill give it another go , trouble is me and cop serials are about getting done, needs to be double boss to work for me.wai2.gif

• Like 1

diary for tomorrow BINGE WATCH empire,, luv it, every other scene, a new branch to the story, and the good thing is the tree don't get weakened by them, gets taller and stronger,,, good story telling.

to tv,,, oh and the soundtrack, worth bunging it through something decent.

TV Series - Spotless

Two episodes into this ten part series and I reckon it's really good.

Do yourself a favour and have a look at this one.

IMDB: Set in London, SPOTLESS is the story of a troubled crime scene cleaner, Jean, whose tidy life is turned upside

down when his outlaw brother Martin crash lands into his world, entangling them in the deadly dynamics of organized crime.

Couldn't find a decent trailer on youtube so here is a link from the studio.

http://www.studiocanaltvseries.com/program/spotless

It is so good I have to come back to it. I completely agree, it really is worth watching. For me this is one of the best show I have seen in quite some time.

I was pleased to hear that they are already working on a second season. BTW, a French production but mainly with British actors (funny though: most of the episodes I saw started with the "previously on Spotless..."-part completely in French. It changed to English only after the title melody, very strange).

This is a good one..enjoying it...

• Like 2

Show Me a Hero

The first episode was confusing and...somewhat boring. I hate to use that word. Maybe I just use it to mask the fact that I was having trouble following the story and the many characters being introduced. The second episode goes a long way toward getting everything rolling. Oscar Isaac is not one of my favorite actors, but he does a fine job here. May be a little too "East Coast" for a lot of folks' taste. Many old regulars from The Wire show up on here. It's fun to spot them, and think, where did I see that guy before??

Anything David Simon writes/produces is going to be high quality, thought-provoking, and worthwhile. I'm in til the end.

Watched the first 4 episodes yesterday and I'm really enjoying this one.

Looking forward to the last 2 shows.

I watched the first 4 episodes..in the background while working...

Nothing happens. I kept expecting something dramatic but it is just an interminable wait for more nothing....

• Like 1

Show Me a Hero

The first episode was confusing and...somewhat boring. I hate to use that word. Maybe I just use it to mask the fact that I was having trouble following the story and the many characters being introduced. The second episode goes a long way toward getting everything rolling. Oscar Isaac is not one of my favorite actors, but he does a fine job here. May be a little too "East Coast" for a lot of folks' taste. Many old regulars from The Wire show up on here. It's fun to spot them, and think, where did I see that guy before??

Anything David Simon writes/produces is going to be high quality, thought-provoking, and worthwhile. I'm in til the end.

Watched the first 4 episodes yesterday and I'm really enjoying this one.

Looking forward to the last 2 shows.

I watched the first 4 episodes..in the background while working...

Nothing happens. I kept expecting something dramatic but it is just an interminable wait for more nothing....

Yeah we all ish more or less said the same,, But overall the production acting writing ect ect imo , bigger and better than the basic story make it 'a watch' as opposed to a not.

rijit

Edited by rijit