What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

A new thread for Movies and TV Shows you are currently watching or have just watched.

I'll start with two from today.

Wreck it Ralph (also in 3D)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1772341/

One for the kids. PG rated. Saw this one with my nephew at the cinema. Had some good laughs in for the kids. Some great animation and would be worth seeing in 3D

Les Miserables

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1707386/

I had been looking forward to seeing this one. I have seen previous versions of this story on film and with the star studded cast and being a musical I was keen to see it. I did watch it on the small screen, not at the Cinema, so not sure if that made a difference.

Frankly, after 40 minutes I was praying the cast would not be breaking into any more song. God (your choice of flavour) did not answer my prayers and the singing continues onwards for another couple of hours

Shameless, US version

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I watched an Australian film called Tomorrow when the war began, not too hard to watch, certainly nothing cringe worthy in it. The basic story line is, a group of teenagers from a small town in the Hawkesbury River region just north of Sydney go camping, while they are camping out in the bush Australia is invaded by a coalition of Asian nations, possibly China, North Korea and Vietnam with the first wave arriving by merchant ship, when the teenagers get home they find thier world has been turned upside down, and what starts as a fight for survival becomes an act of resistance as they fight against the aggressors and find who they are inside.

5/10.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There is some great eye candy in that movie. (I have been wondering where the sequel is). Probably didn't help that the Americans remade 'Red Dawn' around the same time

The movie is based on the extremely popular book series by John Marsden, which was 7 books, then some more sequels focusing on the central character of Ellie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomorrow_series

The ending definitely left the door open for a sequel, I hope it is made and released before I get too much greyer.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It is a tad confusing...as per below

Sequels[edit]

In September 2010, executive producer Christopher Mapp stated that there may be two sequels, based on the novels The Dead of the Night and The Third Day, The Frost.[38][39] He also stated that there may be a television series, adapting the remainder of the book series.[39]

In December 2010, The Age reported that The Dead of the Night had been green-lit for production, which would commence once the script by Stuart Beattie[40] was completed,[41] with release scheduled for 2012.[42] Filming was due to commence in September 2011.[43]

On 20 November 2011, Sydney's Daily Telegraph reported that the sequel had apparently been cancelled. Lincoln Lewis stated "At this stage it doesn't look like it's going to go ahead."[44]

In December 2011, the official Tomorrow, When the War Began Facebook page posted that Kieran Darcy-Smith is working on a script for a sequel.[45]

In August 2012, it was announced by producers that they hoped for filming to start in early 2013.[46]

Yesterday afternoon, got the crisps and dip out and settled down to watch 12 Years a Slave, no crisps or dips eaten. I was mesmerised. right up till i cried at the end. Wonderful.

Me too pissed off with the Merkins for ruining my viewing pleasure with the series cuts. But what can we do.... But, i get all confused and a bit doowally!! I have or had written down a little list of when i can watch what. On a daily sort of calendar. Buggered now!!

If you like foodie programmes - The Taste is good. (i think i mentioned that before), but there is now The Taste UK. Stil with Anthony Bourdain... sigh....!!

Right, after being told by numerous friends - i am going to start from Season one Episode one - Luther. Never seen it.

Edited by Patsycat
  • Like 1

Yesterday afternoon, got the crisps and dip out and settled down to watch 12 Years a Slave, no crisps or dips eaten. I was mesmerised. right up till i cried at the end. Wonderful.

Me too pissed off with the Merkins for ruining my viewing pleasure with the series cuts. But what can we do.... But, i get all confused and a bit doowally!! I have or had written down a little list of when i can watch what. On a daily sort of calendar. Buggered now!!

If you like foodie programmes - The Taste is good. (i think i mentioned that before), but there is now The Taste UK. Stil with Anthony Bourdain... sigh....!!

Right, after being told by numerous friends - i am going to start from Season one Episode one - Luther. Never seen it.

Recently finished series 3. It's pretty good, not great but good methinks.

There's also some eye candy for you with Idris Elba. He was fantastic

in The Wire.

I remember him in The Wire, and of course now he is Mandela. Another film to look out for.

I've been dying to download Philomena, and noticed from the bus it is showing at my local flea pit. I may potter along for a matinée!! I haven't been to the cinema for at least 10 years.

Edited by Patsycat

I remember him in The Wire, and of course now he is Mandela. Another film to look out for.

I've been dying to download Philomena, and noticed from the bus it is showing at my local flea pit. I may potter along for a matinée!! I haven't been to the cinema for at least 10 years.

Philomena is on my hit list as well. I'm a fan of Steve Coogan.

If you get a chance, have a look at Saxondale, it's very funny.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Saxondale-Complete-Box-Set-DVD/dp/B002KSA442/ref=sr_1_8?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1391486746&sr=1-8&keywords=steve+coogan

Caught up on a couple of movies over the weekend..

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.

Got to say, I was left wondering <deleted> I wasted over two and a half hours. Thought the best character was a f***ing CGI Dragon!

Escape Plan

Stallone and Schwarzneger team up in an interesting plot. Wasn't half bad. For a couple of old fellas, they held up alright.

Ride Along

Kevin Hart and Ice Cube. Some ups and downs, overall a good bit of comedy and action. Laurence Fishbourne plays a bit part and adds a bit of something to it at the end. The winner though, for me, was Tika Sumpter! Wowee!

Don John

A bit of a script based around a Jersey Shore character hahaha.. Not really but that's how it felt. Not bad, Scarlett Johansen was f***ing annoying as all f*** (but she's still smoking hot), Julia Moore plays an interesting part. Loads of tits and ass!

As for TV shows, was good to have NCIS and NCIS Los Angeles back.

Chicago P.D is my new favorite!

Elementary continues to impress.

Two and a Half Men - how hot is Charlie's daughters girlfriend! Continues to make me laugh.

The Crazy Ones: Robin Williams. Nuff said.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Philomena is on my hit list as well. I'm a fan of Steve Coogan.

If you get a chance, have a look at Saxondale, it's very funny.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Saxondale-Complete-Box-Set-DVD/dp/B002KSA442/ref=sr_1_8?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1391486746&sr=1-8&keywords=steve+coogan

I have Philomena on the list to watch.

Patsycat, i had forgotten about him being in The Wire....easily one of my top 10 all time TV series

I am watching the Sparticus uncut miniseries on dvd, lots of flesh, lots of blood and not short on action. 7/10

I really enjoyed that series. Great characters. The guy who played Spartacus died - in real life - after the first year. At first, I did not think that his replacement was that good - he was a lookalike - but after a few episodes he rose to the challenge.

Went to see Lone Survivor yesterday, which was OK for 90 Baht.

Seems like I enjoyed this one a fair bit more than you mate.

I thought it was really good. A solid 7.5 for me.

Likewise. I might have given it 8 from memory

Off topic I know, but after watching the Lone Survivor, I read the book by Marcus Luttrell

and I have to say it's fantastic.

• Like 1

The Walking Dead returns today!!!

A really naff episode.

I felt like chocolate pudding after watching it

I never understand why they just didn't kill all the zombies.

Each person with sword, 50 zombies a day, out in the open, problem gone after 1 year.

It isn't like these Zombies move very fast anyway

Couple more movies that are new.

Homefront. Action style movie. Script by Sylvester Stallone. Jason Statham as the good guy. James Franco as the bad guy. Winona Ryder as Franco's GF. Fairly much as bad as his acting. While watching this movie I felt like I had seen it before. I hadn't, but it is that type of movie. 5/10 from me

The Art of The Steal. Comedy of a type. Kurt Russell in the lead, also Jay Baruchel, Matt Dillon. A group of con guys/Art thieves team up after a betrayal 7 years prior. Who will double cross who this time? Once again, you have probably seen this all before but it is watchable. 5/10 again from me

New Sci-Fi show just came out...The After....well the Pilot episode. Some cataclysmic event has befallen New York (and the world?). 8 strangers come together....we find out the all the same birth date. March 7

Comes from the pen of X Files creator Chris Carter.

This one is part of the Amazon Pilot season. Apparently you have to subscribe to Amazon and people vote on which pilots will be made into series.

Anyway...I didn't subscribe to Amazon but i did watch the Pilot.

Potential? Maybe. Pilot looks like it was already heading down the cliche route.

I'd certainly watch a few more to see what transpires.

New Sci-Fi show just came out...The After....well the Pilot episode. Some cataclysmic event has befallen New York (and the world?). 8 strangers come together....we find out the all the same birth date. March 7

This one is part of the Amazon Pilot season. Apparently you have to subscribe to Amazon and people vote on which pilots will be made into series.

Potential? Maybe. Pilot looks like it was already heading down the cliche route.

A whole 45mins with nobody suggesting why everyone in the city was randomly wandering.

Complete garbage, Chris Carter must be suffering from early onset dementia.

A whole 45mins with nobody suggesting why everyone in the city was randomly wandering.

There were a lot of holes

I really enjoyed it, but give lots of room to sci-fi and post-apocalyptic plots in particular. I want to see what the second episode looks like.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Dallas buyers club, great movie

Lone Surviour, amazing.

Have The Wolf of Wallstreet to watch next.

For us Brits who have been here a while, I ran out of TV series to watch, so I checked youtube, and there are some good ones on there with Danny Dyer. Also if anyone like their documentaries there are a load of "Dispatches" on there and some are well worth a watch if ya bored.

• Like 1

Homefront. Action style movie. Script by Sylvester Stallone. Jason Statham as the good guy. James Franco as the bad guy. Winona Ryder as Franco's GF. Fairly much as bad as his acting. While watching this movie I felt like I had seen it before. I hadn't, but it is that type of movie. 5/10 from me

I liked it more than you. I thought that it was very decent for an action movie.

Also saw Escape Plan with Sylvester Stallone and Arnie. I felt about the same about that one too. Neither one is for intellectuals.

For the Aussies on the board and fans of INXS - the first part of the bio-film-for-tv aired the other night... From all accounts gives a really good account of what went on before Michael died.

Haven't watched it myself, but it's in the feed, just gotta get the missus to stop watching My Kitchen Rules.

She loves it and has been a fan of it ever since she was studying in Australia a few years ago! I'm generally no fan of these reality cooking shows either but this one does peak my interest...

Always good to get some good TV viewing from back home, without relying on being 3 seasons behind via CTH and the Australia Network :P

• Like 1

lso saw Escape Plan with Sylvester Stallone and Arnie. I felt about the same about that one too. Neither one is for intellectuals.

You know who I didn't mind in Escape Plan? Jim Caviezal and Vincent D'Onofrio, even Sam Neil to a lesser extent..

Vinnie Jones was wasted...

Maybe it was a movie for the "bit parts" to shine? Hahaha

For the Aussies on the board and fans of INXS - the first part of the bio-film-for-tv aired the other night... From all accounts gives a really good account of what went on before Michael died.

Haven't watched it myself, but it's in the feed, just gotta get the missus to stop watching My Kitchen Rules.

She loves it and has been a fan of it ever since she was studying in Australia a few years ago! I'm generally no fan of these reality cooking shows either but this one does peak my interest...

Always good to get some good TV viewing from back home, without relying on being 3 seasons behind via CTH and the Australia Network tongue.png

I'm not into the cooking shows but don't mind a bit of Gordon Ramsay's stuff every now and again for a giggle.

Always good to get some good TV viewing from back home, without relying on being 3 seasons behind via CTH and the Australia Network tongue.png

I'm not into the cooking shows but don't mind a bit of Gordon Ramsay's stuff every now and again for a giggle.

Hell's Kitchen has its moments.

The new series of Rake (season 3) has started on ABC!