What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

I stopped Revenge at start of season 3, was going off it in season 2, it got so far away from the actual revenge she set out for I couldn't be arsed

I really liked it for a while, but it got more and more bizarre and I stopped watching it sometime in season 2. I did try to go back to it, but could not figure out where I had left off and did not really care about the plot after that.

Edited by Ulysses G.

As you all know, Patsy likes the hunks.

I have just trawled through Season 1 and almost up to date Season 2 of Chicago Fire. I am hooked, not just with the hunks but with the story which starts at episode one in season one and just seems to go into a flow. You get to know the characters etc.

It is sort of intertwined with Chicago PD as well. I really recommend it.

And not a vampire or intergallactical space ship or zombie thingys in sight!!!!

Also, Louis Theroux is back with his documentaries. the first one was about errant and nasty dawgs in LA. It's called Louis Theroux - LA Stories.

• Like 2

As you all know, Patsy likes the hunks.

I have just trawled through Season 1 and almost up to date Season 2 of Chicago Fire. I am hooked, not just with the hunks but with the story which starts at episode one in season one and just seems to go into a flow. You get to know the characters etc.

It is sort of intertwined with Chicago PD as well. I really recommend it.

Patsy put your tongue back in your head.. focus!

Chicago Fire kicked off before Chicago P.D had it's own show and now there's regularly cross polinating. Being a Dick Wolf production, there's also a crossover with Law & Order SVU.

But by the looks of it, you've still got another 2 seasons to catch up before you get to all of that.

Caught a new series yesterday as well; Crisis. Could be quite good and has all the potential to be f***ing ridiculous. But some good eye candy Rachel Taylor and Gillian Anderson (she seems to have gotten a lot better since the X Files days and appears a lot happier than she currently does in Hannibal) anyway I'll continue to watch it and see how it develops.

The Following has taken a dangerous, yet, interesting development. I sincerly hope it's killed off quickly because otherwise BM will never watch the show again :P

TV series - The Americans

Trend Setters

This one took a few episodes for me to really warm to, but I'm glad I stuck with it.

From IMDB: Two Soviet intelligence agents pose as a married couple to spy on the American government.
Won an award from the AFI USA for best program of the year.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2149175/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Really well written I thought.
I found it really enjoyable.

Season 2 has already started.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

Khun Will27, season 2 of The Americans takes equally as long to get into, I still load the current episodes but can't bring myself to watch them after having painfully sat through the first 2 eps of the current season.

I think The Following is going to go 'round in circles a bit, they keep the viewer by adding the female version of Joe popping in. Personally, she's a better crazy, so hopefully they direct the season more towards her. She's got hotter followers too hahaha :P

An Aussie series that followed the true life story of the Melbourne Underworld wound up this week too, Fat Tony & Co.. Pretty bloody good if you ask me. There's no guessing on what's going to happen next which takes the thinking part out, it's the "how the f*** did he get away with it for so long" part that keeps you in. And the actors used are much easier on the eye than their real life counterparts..

Crisis continues to kick goals, I wonder though, how they're going to drag it out...

Hannibal just got - Keanu Reeves bill and ted "whoah" - so the next couple of episodes should be rather interesting...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

If you liked breaking bad ,well a spin off coming soon is "better call saul" about the early days of the lawyer ,might be worth a look.,also just started "endevour" when inspector morse was young.

• Like 2

If you liked breaking bad ,well a spin off coming soon is "better call saul" about the early days of the lawyer ,might be worth a look.,also just started "endevour" when inspector morse was young.

Already have the date pegged for November this year.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Not sure if anyone saw the pilot "Bosch" but it's just been commissioned

for a full series.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3502248/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Stars Titus Welliver who played an IRA member in SOA.

Looks really good to me so will have to have a look.

Khun Will27biggrin.png

Nice one... I have read most of the Bosch books. The pilot moved a little slow but the full series should be enjoyable enough

• Like 1

Not sure if it was already mentioned, now too many posts to go through, but watching HBO's "True Detective". It's the best 'written, screenplay, acting' Drama I've seen since "Breaking Bad". Matthew McConaughey is superb.

It was a great series.

Don't know if there is to be a season 2, and if so will it be new actors and storyline?

Not sure if it was already mentioned, now too many posts to go through, but watching HBO's "True Detective". It's the best 'written, screenplay, acting' Drama I've seen since "Breaking Bad". Matthew McConaughey is superb.

It was a great series.

Don't know if there is to be a season 2, and if so will it be new actors and storyline?

Still watching the last two eps. Looked it up & HBO has been given the go ahead for S2 & the rumors are they're looking at Brad Pitt. Will see where that goes do to salaries, but Pitt if he can act like his younger days. Otherwise though there are NO good decently attractive actresses today, hopefully they'll stay with the more mature small pool of good actors. All US talking though.

• Like 1

Dom Hemingway: From the lads that brought you Sexy Beast, comes this dark British comedy with the delicious Madalina Ghenea.. and Jude Law.

Will be teeing it up in the morning.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed Endeavour.

See my earlier post.

"Just finished the series Endeavour

http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=468294

Really enjoyed this one. English police drama at it's best. It's about the early days of Inspector Morse (which I haven't seen).

From IMDB: Following the young Endeavour Morse in his early day as an Oxford police constable working with CID, encountering Strange for the first time, and developing the notable personality traits he would latterly refine.

For those of you that like the Pommy police/crime series, do yourself a favour and have a gander at this one".

Dom Hemingway: From the lads that brought you Sexy Beast, comes this dark British comedy with the delicious Madalina Ghenea.. and Jude Law.

Will be teeing it up in the morning.

Thanks for the heads up on this one.

I love a good English gangster movie.

Unfortunately there have been some shockers lately.

KW27

• Like 1

TV:

Rake (Austalia), in season 3, quirky legal comedy/drama.

Broadchurch, one off U.K. police procedural

The Beltcheley Circle, two seasons, period mystery

Movies:

Out of the Furnace, thriller, brilliant cast: Christian Bale, Casey Affleck, Woody Harrelson, Zoe Saldana, Forest Whitaker, Willem Dafoe and Sam Shepard.

Nebraska, quirky, father-son road trip film, in black and white.

Philomena, Steve Coogan, in a dramatic turn, Judi Dench,

Also liked:

12 Years As a Slave

Blue Jasmine

The Way, Way Back

Fruitvale Station

The Act of Killing (documentary)

Blackfish (documentary)

Muscle Shoals (documentary)

Tim's Vermeer (quasi-documentary)

Captain Phillips

Inside Llewyn Davis

Her

• Like 1

Do you remember the spaghetti westerns from the late 60's to the mid 80's, well I watched a spaghetti sci fi called Vortex the other day, it is just above painfully ridiculous, bordering on just plain silly. 2/10.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1