What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

I watched this years ago and just downloaded it to watch again ,hooked after the first episode , our friends in the north .

Daniel Craig, Mark Strong and Christopher Ecclestone all fresh out of drama school. How could it not fail. If you are looking for something try to find The Second Coming. Ecclestone plays a northern waster who goes missing for 40 days and nights and comes back to announce he is the son of god. Riveting and unexpected.

• Like 1

Having spent the long weekend in the sticks, yesterday afternoon I caught up on the weekends viewing...

Bluebloods: Continue to enjoy this show, it's like Law & Order: Family Edition, probably a Tom Sellec thing though ;)

Crisis: I'm enjoying it but I'm not seeing how they're going to be able to drag this one out. If they do it "24" style - which seems to be the way it's going to go - I'll lose interest after the first season.

Da Vinci's Demons: what's not to like, well if you're into your history genre that is. Plenty of debauchery.

Family Guy: all round family favourite, has its ups and downs. Good for a "snap out of a funk" cartoon.

Torn: New series started Sunday night, set in the times of the American Revolution era. Seems almost a spin off of Sleepy Hollow - without the supernatural angle - so far so good.

• Like 2

I watched this years ago and just downloaded it to watch again ,hooked after the first episode , our friends in the north .

Daniel Craig, Mark Strong and Christopher Ecclestone all fresh out of drama school. How could it not fail. If you are looking for something try to find The Second Coming. Ecclestone plays a northern waster who goes missing for 40 days and nights and comes back to announce he is the son of god. Riveting and unexpected.

just found it on pirate bay ,hope i can download and give it a whirl,thanks.

I watched Dom Hemingway last night. I enjoyed the film and I thought Jude Law was excellent but Richard E Grant? Where was he? Not credible at all. He peaked with Withnail and I nearly 30 years ago.

Well worth a watch.

• Like 1

Just going through some previews for upcoming movies...

The couple listed below (having watched the previews) had me having to step outside the office as I couldn't stop laughing...

"Cuban Fury" - UK released it on Valentines Day but can't find it via the usual sources, not due for USA release until Friday.

"The Angriest Man in Brooklyn" due for release on the 23rd of May.

"Bad Neighbours"

• Like 2

Just going through some previews for upcoming movies...

The couple listed below (having watched the previews) had me having to step outside the office as I couldn't stop laughing...

"Cuban Fury" - UK released it on Valentines Day but can't find it via the usual sources, not due for USA release until Friday.

"The Angriest Man in Brooklyn" due for release on the 23rd of May.

"Bad Neighbours"

Thanks for putting the links in. Makes it easier on the phone to check the trailer.

Thanks for putting the links in. Makes it easier on the phone to check the trailer.

No worries, if you have an iPhone you can download the IMDB App (if you should feel so inclined ;) )

Oh, I watched the latest The Following episode (episode 12 when you get to it) - I know how much you're a fan of Ryan calling for back up. You'll get a real kick out of this episode - or at least I hope you will :D

• Like 1

No worries, if you have an iPhone you can download the IMDB App (if you should feel so inclined ;) )

Oh, I watched the latest The Following episode (episode 12 when you get to it) - I know how much you're a fan of Ryan calling for back up. You'll get a real kick out of this episode - or at least I hope you will :D

I'll have to watch it now

just watched silicon valley ,yes it looks ok ,also watched about a boy , managed two episodes ,but no to twee.

Don't give up on About a Boy, just watched the latest episode, it's by far the best. The first 5 are painful - like that Hello Ladies, Stephen Marshall show - but not as painful. This episode was funny! Minnie Driver - yum!

:P

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

just watched silicon valley ,yes it looks ok ,also watched about a boy , managed two episodes ,but no to twee.

Don't give up on About a Boy, just watched the latest episode, it's by far the best. The first 5 are painful - like that Hello Ladies, Stephen Marshall show - but not as painful. This episode was funny! Minnie Driver - yum!

tongue.png

You have my total agreement on Minnie Driver, also just started watching Klondike, looks ok .

Just starting Elementary. It has not grabbed me yet and I am a big Sherlock fan. Watson is a babe though!

Also started Banshee. I lasted 15 minutes. Nuff said

Banshee gets much better as its gets along - I was blasé about it at first, but carried on with it through not much else on at the time syndrome. Worth it I think - especially from Season 2.

If you liked breaking bad ,well a spin off coming soon is "better call saul" about the early days of the lawyer ,might be worth a look.,also just started "endevour" when inspector morse was young.

Endevour is good - especially season 1 when he was more "rookie" - however the BBC idea of 3 episode series and then 2 year gap p!sses me off wholesale - buy into it guys, make 11 - 23 episodes, everyone else can!

• Like 2

I must say, I'm enjoying Bill Paxton's somewhat of a cameo appearance on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, I mean I'm enjoying the series overall, but I normally don't like Paxton. He's a breath of fresh air...

Major plot twist on SHIELD last episode (no spoilers :)) - looks likely to get darker and perhaps increase the viewing age (hope so anyway).

• Like 1

Yeah watched this the other day - bit cliché (which I think was a goal of the program anyway, so not all bad) but I enjoyed it (I think????) - jury still out, but will following it for a while just to see. Has potential to be good (like the IT Crowd - UK version of course) or dumb, crass and painful (like 1600 Penn).

Wow yeah I remember that - didn't like the ending though if I remember - good pub scene though :) and the Evil supermarket trolley guy lol!

Having spent the long weekend in the sticks, yesterday afternoon I caught up on the weekends viewing...

Bluebloods: Continue to enjoy this show, it's like Law & Order: Family Edition, probably a Tom Sellec thing though wink.png

Crisis: I'm enjoying it but I'm not seeing how they're going to be able to drag this one out. If they do it "24" style - which seems to be the way it's going to go - I'll lose interest after the first season.

Da Vinci's Demons: what's not to like, well if you're into your history genre that is. Plenty of debauchery.

Family Guy: all round family favourite, has its ups and downs. Good for a "snap out of a funk" cartoon.

Torn: New series started Sunday night, set in the times of the American Revolution era. Seems almost a spin off of Sleepy Hollow - without the supernatural angle - so far so good.

Think you mean Turn. On my to-watch list for today hopefully :). Agree with Da Vinci's De be interesting as they all head off to the States (maybe passing Chris Columbus on the way :))

Bluebloods: Continue to enjoy this show, it's like Law & Order: Family Edition, probably a Tom Sellec thing though wink.png

Think you mean Turn. On my to-watch list for today hopefully :). Agree with Da Vinci's De be interesting as they all head off to the States (maybe passing Chris Columbus on the way :))

I did actually mean Turn ;)

Da Vinci's Demons is getting historical which I like...

On another note, I'm REALLY liking Chicago P.D! The latest episode has it all!

Think you mean Turn. On my to-watch list for today hopefully smile.png. Agree with Da Vinci's De be interesting as they all head off to the States (maybe passing Chris Columbus on the way smile.png)

I did actually mean Turn wink.png

Da Vinci's Demons is getting historical which I like...

On another note, I'm REALLY liking Chicago P.D! The latest episode has it all!

Thanks for the heads up on Chicago PD Mr Smith.

I'm only 3 episodes in and enjoying it.

I love the lead character and the female desk seargeant is a real cack.

Reminds me a little bit of The Shield apart from the fact that almost everybody

including the psychologist looks like they've just come of the catwalkbiggrin.png

Being a big fan of Underbelly, I've also just queued up Fat Tony & Co that

you mentioned earlier.

Should keep me busy over Songkran when I batten down the hatches.

Thanks for the heads up on Chicago PD Mr Smith.

I'm only 3 episodes in and enjoying it.

I love the lead character and the female desk seargeant is a real cack.

Reminds me a little bit of The Shield apart from the fact that almost everybody

including the psychologist looks like they've just come of the catwalkbiggrin.png

Being a big fan of Underbelly, I've also just queued up Fat Tony & Co that

you mentioned earlier.

Should keep me busy over Songkran when I batten down the hatches.

Being the hansum man with good heart that you are Khun Will27 I'm sure you'll enjoy the rest of the episodes of Chicago PD, especially the latest episode, the desk Sergeant really comes to the fore :D

I'm also quite the fan of Detective Lindsay (Sophia Bush) whistling.gifbiggrin.png - didn't realise she was in that god awful series "One Tree Hill" though... Glad I never took to it, my opinion may have been slanted :P

Some less well known newcomers:

For history buffs - just watched the first episode of a new series called "Ian Hislops Olden Days" (Ian Hislop is the editor of Private Eye and also Paul Merton's eternal competition on 'Have I Got News for You'). It is a documentary looking at our perceived history (of Britain - and ex-Empire) in Ian's usual humorous style. First episode is about the two greatest legendary kings: Arthur and Alfred. One hour long - I enjoyed it.

Also saw "Stephen Hawkings Science of the Future" which is also a new series (although it seems to be from last year given the dates and timing mentioned. The splub says: Stephen Hawking’s Science of the Future investigates the very latest game changing innovations. Each episode takes one area of progress and sends five top scientists out to actively test the inventions and breakthroughs that are driving it. The team explore human upgrades, the virtual world, bio-mimicry, high-tech emergency responses, and more. Featuring a wide range of examples, from advanced robotics and breathtaking digital actors, to cutting edge smart homes and electronic brain stimulation, the series reveals how science is delivering astonishing improvements to all our lives. Using the evidence they gather, the team reveals the year when each innovation will be rolled out for us all to benefit from, and Hawking then draws out his own uniquely insightful predictions about what our world will be like in the years to come.

I enjoyed this too, but like I said was a little out of date (year old I think) - talks about Occulous Rift (spelling?) being in final test for release next year - when it is already available. Interesting stuff though and well explained - not too dumbed down but also in laymen's terms.

Janet King is quite good too - Aussie series following a silk (lawyer) recently returned to the fray after adopting a baby (with her lesbian partner). Almost first case is a top brass copper - without giving spoilers away, it gets more convoluted and complex and dangerous as conspiracies unwind. Lots of twists and turns means viewers are never sure just who can be trusted, who is a good/bad guy - even those not specifically antagonists or protagonists seem to have their own agendas and crooked little ways :). Anyway, probably misses by many as not very well publicized, and on episode 7 now (I think) - and a car bomb and several murders later - its still staying good. Great characterisations, 3d personalities and the heroes are suitably flawed enough to make it realistic. Enjoying.

• Like 1

tongue.png

Stephen Merchent and I really liked that, thought it was very decent

Shame they are not doing a 2nd series :/