The week that was in Thailand news: Free sex and half price food available in Thailand – apply now!

rooster59

I knew a middle-aged couple in England who were addicted to bingo. They used to take turns, and would never go there together. It was quite some time before somebody discovered that they shared a single set of false teeth.

Probably never ate a meal together either !!

I was titillated by the idea of free sex and half price food, but not surprised I didn't find the secret to ether here.  I started thinking - well at home I can have free sex and cheaper food, maybe half price, but then I realized - I buy all the food for two - so I am still not getting ether anyway.  There is no way out.

23 hours ago, rooster59 said:

A reason why – when out on the roads anywhere – the ability to anticipate what incredible stupidity your fellow motorist may perpetrate is of paramount importance.

My whole driving life has been based on this mantra, and I worked for 24 years as a professional driver in London. Keeps me alive and unharmed!

• Like 1

Thought I had that 'Gotcha' moment when I read the word 'learnt' in your latest piece.  Even now, my Grammarly program is trying to change it to 'learned' which is strange, since this program is always trying to change my American spelling of many words to the British version.  However, in your defense, Merriam-Webster does show the following'   -   

"Definition of learnt

• chiefly British past tense and past participle of learn"
  •  

So, being a US high school graduate of the 40's, I must eat my thoughts and admit that you are mostly 99.99% correct.  Enjoy your column greatly, although I do still miss Mr. Trink's Night Owl to this day.

Edited by snooky
wording

I get the point of the 5,000 word rant, but maybe the problem is less the "Twitter generation" and more a sensationalistic tendancy towards click bait headlines being embraced by the "Twitter generation" media....good writing though, I enjoyed the second half. 

If you have the audacity to call yourself a "journalist" you should have, at the very least, apologized in the first paragraph for the "Click Bait" headline.

As billed "The Week That Was" and highlighted "editors pick" it doesn't make the grade.

I very much enjoyed Suthichai Yoon's take on the sad state of journalism today, but if that was the point the rest of the article didn't make it with any conviction. It does however highlight the sad state of reporting and editing readers have to endure these days (If that was intentional I applaud you).

This is hardly a "roundup" of the week's news, just a personal rant with reference to some incidents.

I have read many of your scribbles and enjoyed them, but this is most disappointing.

We all have stories about lost friends, funerals, marriages and domestic other troubles  in the LoS.

Well Rooster, I think you just laid an egg!

:wai:

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback