tracking android smartphone ?

poanoi

To track your phone ??? :giggle:.... 

.... Google uses 'Find my device'... the device which is to be found will need to have a google log in.

Its fairly simple...  of course, you will need to ensure your wife you are permanently logged in to google on your phone with location services on. 

43 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

To track your phone ??? :giggle:.... 

.... Google uses 'Find my device'... the device which is to be found will need to have a google log in.

Its fairly simple...  of course, you will need to ensure your wife you are permanently logged in to google on your phone with location services on. 

oh ! that would mean i have to constantly be connected to internet i presume ?

not worth it for me, i nearly never use the phone at all,

and do all my internet stuff on the computer,

i think the best reason for me to have a phone at all is mobile bank ID,

and that is also the reason i feel like i want to protect the phone

Not only you phone I would also do computer

Know a bloke whos' (wife house )house was broken into whilst gone 

I guess the wife called him & he could track it. He tracked for a while then some how he said he killed it

Maybe if he put a tracking on her phone he would of realised they were together

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6160491?hl=en

Find, lock, or erase a lost Android device

If you lose an Android phone or tablet, or Wear OS watch, you can find, lock, or erase it. If you've added a Google Account to your Android device, Find My Device is automatically turned on.

To use Find My Device, your lost device must:

• Be turned on
  • Be signed in to a Google Account
  • Be connected to mobile data or Wi-Fi
  • Be visible on Google Play
  • Have Location turned on
  • Have Find My Device turned on

Learn how to make sure that your device can be found if it gets lost.

Tip: If you've linked your phone to Google, you can find or ring it by searching for find my phone on google.com.

Remotely find, lock, or erase

1. Go to android.com/find and sign in to your Google Account.
    • If you have more than one device, click the lost device at the top of the screen.
    • If your lost device has more than one user profile, sign in with a Google Account that's on the main profile. Learn about user profiles.
  2. The lost device gets a notification.
  3. On the map, see about where the device is.
    • The location is approximate and might not be accurate.
    • If your device can't be found, you'll see its last known location, if available.
  4. Pick what you want to do. If needed, first click Enable lock & erase.
    • Play sound
      Rings your device at full volume for 5 minutes, even if it's set to silent or vibrate.
    • Lock
      Locks your device with your PIN, pattern, or password. If you don't have a lock, you can set one. To help someone return your device to you, you can add a message or phone number to the lock screen.
    • Erase
      Permanently deletes all data on your device (but might not delete SD cards). After you erase, Find My Device won't work on the device.
      Important: If you find your device after erasing, you'll likely need your Google Account password to use it again. Learn about device protection.

23 minutes ago, poanoi said:

oh ! that would mean i have to constantly be connected to internet i presume ?

not worth it for me, i nearly never use the phone at all,

and do all my internet stuff on the computer,

i think the best reason for me to have a phone at all is mobile bank ID,

and that is also the reason i feel like i want to protect the phone

Yes, this would only work if the phone is online and the thief stupid enough not to reset to factory default and put the SIM to the bin. Theoretical.

"mobile bank ID": you refer to receiving OTP SMS to your mobile phone?

I assume you have registered the SIM for your name as is the law in Thailand?

In this case rush to the mobile providers service center with your passport.

Let the stolen SIM be deactivated.

Get a new SIM for the identical phone number.

Takes a few minutes only.

Buy a new phone :sad:

Also by theory: you could report the phone/SIM as stolen at the police.

The mobile operator could then on a court order(?) locate/search for the mobile phones IMSI nr. (almost no thief is stupid enough to continue using the SIM).

The location will not be as precise as with location service (GPS).

Some say that here in Thailand shortcuts can happen: police being able to locate without lengthy court procedure :whistling:

But better forget it. Will not happen and even if, the SIM will still be in some bin 99.99%.

You won't be able to track a phone unless it is using a wi-fi or data connection.  A smart thief turns these off first, then disables the tracking location service. I would install a separate hidden spy app that will allow you to track the location of the phone, using a second device.  The first time they make a data connection you will get a notification and they'll never know it. There are free ones available online. There are some that allow you complete access to emails, photos, calls, text messages, social media and more. 

There are more comprehensive tracking apps on the market, with expensive paid monthly subscriptions, they boarder on law enforcement quality, but this app has a great feature set, and is good value for money, with a one off in app purchase. 

I like the idea of being able to hide the app from the app tray.

https://www.cerberusapp.com/

I knew someone whose phone was stolen by a bf. He tracked it to her house. Went to the police who drove him to her house. They said wait in the car. They went to the house, 10 minutes later he saw her leave from the back door.

Police then came out and said 'she not home'.

• 3 weeks later...

If you root an android and then install a monitoring licence you can then remotely wipe data off handset amongst seeing everything on the device including its GPS etc which can also be remotely turned on. Even record the phones surroundings. Once it's rooted there's no way to take the licence off the handset. It becomes a system app.

Archived