Fault Of Farangs

luckyluke

Care to give a hint at what is interesting or troubling you?

Sorry,i am not a native english reader or speaker,not quiet understand what you mean,i think the cartoon in the newspaper "The Nation" of today is very funny,i am not sure i am allowed to copy it to put it here on the forum (copyrights)so i asked the people of the forum to go and have a look at it.Sincerely,

OMG ............. :o:D:D

anyone got a bio on the artist ??

Stephh - french guy. There was an article about him in the nation a couple of months ago, maybe someone can dig it up on their website..? He said he miss Taxin because he always provided him with material for cartoons.

Now I know why its called Land of Smiles; when you read the newspaper you get a big case of the giggles from reading about the latest government goings on. Back in the homeland we had a daily 2-liner joke called "morning smile"; here its the whole danm paper. Love this place!! :o

Foreigners are in for a bumpy ride; and that bumpy ride starts when you land at the new airport.

Of course these things are the fault of foreigners. If we didn't set those pesky high standards, then there wouldn't be any problem!

just took a domestic flight from khon kaen to bkk yesterday. :o

the computer system at khon kaen crashed so check-in was manual with handwritten boarding passes resulting in the inevitable double seat allocations. flight tg 045 finally took-off about an hour late. captain apologized for whatever it's worth to whoever understood his accent.

on reaching bkk had to circle over the aviation-hub-of-south-east-asia for over 30 mins while the captain occasionally mumbled something (in english?) on the pa - guess thats what happens when you have too many isaan sausages while refuelling? s**t narrowly missed my chance to see u-tapao!

couldnt get gate parking so we had to wait another 15-20 mins before disembarking until ground staff realised that 1 bus is not sufficient to bring all passengers from an a-300-600 to the terminal. enjoyed 10 minutes of a bumpy bus ride while the driver discovered the beauty of air-brakes. and then, nearly got trampled-on by a thai guy in an yellow t-shirt as he jumped out of the bus to rush to his chauffeur to whom he had made 20 phone calls in the interim reporting his exact position starting from his seat on the aircraft!

waited another 20 mins for the luggage and was lucky to get it intact - while my colleague who traveled business class was still waiting for his priority-tagged bag. is there any colour more noticeable than orange - it may be worthwhile changing those tags to grey for instance?

noticed an additional aot employee at the baggage carousel who (if he didnt have some kind of luggage fetish) was trying his best to give every piece of luggage a soft-landing on the belt.

the men's restroom in the baggage claim area was "out-of-order" as were several revolving doors exiting the arrival hall.

the public taxi queue at ground level was close to 50 pax deep which gave the touts enough chance to tempt everyone with their 1000 baht ride to downtown.

just another day!

Edited by Payboy

I know that the Changi Singapore Airport people are quaking in their boots at the imminent take-over as SEAsia's No. 1 Airport.

Pretty much how every other country shi!s themselves whenever Thailand announces that they will be the next XXXX-hub!

(Anyone remember the Phuket IT-Hub discussions . . . I guess they realised that having a steady supply of electrictity helps)

I know that the Changi Singapore Airport people are quaking in their boots at the imminent take-over as SEAsia's No. 1 Airport.

Pretty much how every other country shi!s themselves whenever Thailand announces that they will be the next XXXX-hub!

(Anyone remember the Phuket IT-Hub discussions . . . I guess they realised that having a steady supply of electrictity helps)

I know where i would rather be landing, Singapore or Bangkok hmm hard choice NOT.

Landing at Singapore i would know that i was entering the land of the repressed not alowed to have a good time and be yourself police state :o

Got any chewing gum on you? ok bend over and be cained. :D Maybe some people here would enjoy that.

I don't think they worry about that too much. They already are and will be no matter what happens with the new Suvarnabhumi airport. Changi is more welcoming and warm than any other airport I've ever seen, including Suvarnabhumi or the old DM.

I don't think they worry about that too much. They already are and will be no matter what happens with the new Suvarnabhumi airport. Changi is more welcoming and warm than any other airport I've ever seen, including Suvarnabhumi or the old DM.

I believe Sing Sling was using irony in his statement alex, not to be taken seriously and should have been accompanied by this smilie: :o

I believe Sing Sling was using irony in his statement alex, not to be taken seriously and should have been accompanied by this smilie: :o

Well, if you don't agree with my post, you can always edit it yourself, I wouldn't want to spoil your mood today.

just took a domestic flight from khon kaen to bkk yesterday. :o

the computer system at khon kaen crashed so check-in was manual with handwritten boarding passes resulting in the inevitable double seat allocations. flight tg 045 finally took-off about an hour late. captain apologized for whatever it's worth to whoever understood his accent.

on reaching bkk had to circle over the aviation-hub-of-south-east-asia for over 30 mins while the captain occasionally mumbled something (in english?) on the pa - guess thats what happens when you have too many isaan sausages while refuelling? s**t narrowly missed my chance to see u-tapao!

couldnt get gate parking so we had to wait another 15-20 mins before disembarking until ground staff realised that 1 bus is not sufficient to bring all passengers from an a-300-600 to the terminal. enjoyed 10 minutes of a bumpy bus ride while the driver discovered the beauty of air-brakes. and then, nearly got trampled-on by a thai guy in an yellow t-shirt as he jumped out of the bus to rush to his chauffeur to whom he had made 20 phone calls in the interim reporting his exact position starting from his seat on the aircraft!

waited another 20 mins for the luggage and was lucky to get it intact - while my colleague who traveled business class was still waiting for his priority-tagged bag. is there any colour more noticeable than orange - it may be worthwhile changing those tags to grey for instance?

noticed an additional aot employee at the baggage carousel who (if he didnt have some kind of luggage fetish) was trying his best to give every piece of luggage a soft-landing on the belt.

the men's restroom in the baggage claim area was "out-of-order" as were several revolving doors exiting the arrival hall.

the public taxi queue at ground level was close to 50 pax deep which gave the touts enough chance to tempt everyone with their 1000 baht ride to downtown.

just another day!

Most of those complaints are to do with Thai Airways and not the airport. The taxi queue of 50 people doesn't sound too bad, I used to have to queue up with about 3 times that many people at Don Muang.

Well, if you don't agree with my post, you can always edit it yourself, I wouldn't want to spoil your mood today.

:D

I know where i would rather be landing, Singapore or Bangkok hmm hard choice NOT.

Landing at Singapore i would know that i was entering the land of the repressed not alowed to have a good time and be yourself police state :D

Got any chewing gum on you? ok bend over and be cained. :D Maybe some people here would enjoy that.

You are clearly a seasoned traveller, having lived all over the place and a keen observer of culture . . .

Shame you talk drivel . . . Not allowed to have a good time (you do realise that Singis the destination number one for young affluent Thais to go partying?) Chewing gum and be caned, or cained - how about abled? You could be cained and abled . . .

Umm, sorry to disappoint, but no caning (!) for chewing gum as it is legal, nor was the punishment ever caining (sic). :D

Alex and SBK . . . sorry I caused some confusion, I was talking tongue-in-cheek. Hmm, problem is that if I use the whistling smiley now it could be misconstrued. :o