Lane-changing offences nearing 100,000 after four days of camera work

Jonathan Fairfield

I have just received a 500 baht fine for speeding Its not in my province, plus on the GPS map it showed the speed limit to be 110kph, but then along the way was a small sign showing 80 kph. That in UK would be illegal as it is not registered. plus its a clear straight road, (well known as a speed trap in the pass officers just stopping out of province cars and stating excuses for fines, ...too long in outside lane...speeding, etc,).. The our local police officer stated, just ignore it their warnings to increase the fine to 1000baht and block renewal of road tax wouldn't happen has each province won't follow these types of requests from another as it doesn't benefit them nor cover the extra paperwork. In the UK I would take it to court, for the police to prove they have the right to change the speed limit only in emergency or safety concerns due to repairs or accidents and not for the purposes of entrapment. I know its only 500 baht and would only increase to 1000, plus no points system but, then I wont be going to Kong anytime soon within the next 6 month! So here in TITs its OK to play cat and mouse.