New passport from home country. (how about old one with non o based on marriage)

Hi. I know this must be a topic discussed many times but we are in Thailand and things change so updated info would be nice.

I am in Thailand with Non o extension based on marriage (will expire on July 31st). I will travel to Finland (my home country) start of July and I need a new passport for next extension what I am planning on doing when I get back to Thailand end of July (just before the extension expires).

My plan is that I travel with my current passport and do a new passport in Finland. The old one will have all the extension and re-entry stamps. My question is that when I arrive in Thailand with my old passport and new passport, what I need to do? Do I need to be pro-active about anything or just show both passports and immigration officer handles the rest? After arriving with both passports I will go to the immigration anyway after 1 week or so to do the next extension.

Is there anything I need to be aware of making new passport overseas and come with old one with stamps? Old one is obviously not valid anymore when new passport is made.

Thanks for the answers.

Edited by Topah

You will just need to show both passports on entry to use your re-entry permit in the old passport. The officer will stamp you into the country in the new one.

You will need to have the stamps transferred from your old passport to new one at your local immigration office before applying for the extension.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

You will just need to show both passports on entry to use your re-entry permit in the old passport. The officer will stamp you into the country in the new one.

You will need to have the stamps transferred from your old passport to new one at your local immigration office before applying for the extension.

Thank you for the info. :)