Where can you recycle old smartphones for cash?

ianwuk

Hello Everyone.

Is there anywhere in Bangkok where you can recycle old smartphones for cash?  I say recycle because these are the phones that I want to sell but I don't think anyone wants them because they are not Android or iPhone.

• Microsoft Lumia 950XL -  Single SIM & factory unlocked + Continuum display dock and all chargers and cables.
  • Microsoft Lumia 640XL  -  Single SIM & factory unlocked and all chargers and cables.
  • HP Elite X3 (dual-SIM) - -  Dual SIM & factory unlocked with display dock and (I think) all chargers and cables.

Even better would be is there any place in MBK or anywhere like that where I can take these phones to (all working and in good condition - just no original boxes) to get cash for them?

Many thanks.

Edited by ianwuk

How much are you expecting per phone?

I gave my broken (graphic card not working) 5 year old dell laptop to the people that collect other garbage for recycling at my apartment.

She gave me 300 Baht for it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dictater said:

i dont know about getting cash for them but where I live the post office has a box to donate old phones, amazing how many iphones are in it!

IMHO it is a bit silly to give away a (old/broken) smartphone.

Most (old) smartphones have a very decent camera built in and with a free application (eg.: Alfred) they can be perfectly used as a dashcam or a security IP camera and save you lots of money.

"Alfred" exists also in a Windows version.

It would be great if there were ecoATM machines here.

At various times there are on-going recycling programs - with a lot of these focused on charities.

I think the post office drop option mentioned in post #2 ended 31 January. https://www.facebook.com/recycleandreduce

Chula has a few programs currently, including Chula Loves Earth. https://www.facebook.com/ChulaLovestheEarth/

I think you can also recycle electronics by looking for a red bin.

The PCD (Pollution Control Department) also has some programs. I can't find a lot of detail other than the PR.

Or you can sell used phones to a dealer for cash.

• 11 months later...

Hello Everyone,

I am living in Cambodia. I need a lo of working iPhone motherboard which is working find, look like new from the factory, no iCloud, and no issues. If there is any one has them please kindly contact to me through my email <<Email removed, please use PM function to contact>>.

Edited by metisdead
18) You will not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names, or web/Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses in posts or signatures.