Ambulance trapped again! When are the government, police, courts - someone - going to do something!

snoop1130

14 hours ago, Artisi said:

No, he shouldn't to but he could have without any big girl squealing on the media. 

the "big  squealing" is there for a "very" obvious reason , and rightly so, it IS the only  way to change the nation of selfish buggers.

20 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

He should not be driving a rescue vehicle,  his crap at it.

Just one more , 3 minute hero,  on the internet.

Wonder how he drives in his own car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :coffee1:

Only in the outside lane and only when an ambulance is behind  him as  was  seen last time, I agree  though way too close to the car in front but " normal" for them.

18 hours ago, car720 said:

This is not just a Thai event.

It is a sign of the times.

I have seen this same behaviour in Australia and many other western countries.  It is the dawning of a new age that many of us old farts just cannot relate to.  The word that comes to mind is sophistry.  The justification of ones own actions.

Women are empowered now and are absolute experts at it.

That is a curious observation.

My home unit in Australia overlooks quite a busy intersection made more complicated by the fact that the main traffic is debouching off a narrow two lane bridge.

Complicating matters still further is the fact that the hospital/ambulance/fire brigade and police are less than a kilometre up the road.

Yet I have never seen that intersection obstructed for anything more than a few seconds (and that is rare) when the emergency vehicles have right of way.

Furthermore they don't come with sirens blaring until they near the intersection and once they go thru' they turn them off leaving only the lights flashing.

5 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

That is a curious observation.

My home unit in Australia overlooks quite a busy intersection made more complicated by the fact that the main traffic is debouching off a narrow two lane bridge.

Complicating matters still further is the fact that the hospital/ambulance/fire brigade and police are less than a kilometre up the road.

Yet I have never seen that intersection obstructed for anything more than a few seconds (and that is rare) when the emergency vehicles have right of way.

Furthermore they don't come with sirens blaring until they near the intersection and once they go thru' they turn them off leaving only the lights flashing.

As it should be and as it used to be.  However, I think some observation of different locations is in order.

On 5/18/2018 at 7:29 AM, wwest5829 said:

Perhaps a big leap but courts refusing "defamation" cases where the offending driver's car and license plate is clearly shown on social media and the police can use as evidence to fine the driver? I cannot seem to get a handle on why Thailand persists on "defamation" if an accusation is true. Slander or Libel, as I was taught seems reasonable. Only if an accusation is false do you get penalty damages awarded.

I don't know why, either, but you have to remember the Thai legal system had a very different history than any Western country's. Some statutes go back to King Ramkhamhaeng, and much tradition was developed  under the rule of Ayudhaya. Foreigners had their own courts, same as in China, during the reign of Kings Rama IV and V, although King Chulalongkorn (Rama V) got them abrogated by instituting a new system of courts, laws, and procedures (the man was a political genius!) that was at least partly based on the Code Napoleon. I believe the problem is that the law does not require drivers to give way to emergency vehicles. In the places where I drive in the States it was required by the motor vehicle code to pull over to the side of the road and stop until an emergency vehicle passed. When I told a nephew about this, he just shook his head.

23 hours ago, Monomial said:

You obviously missed the point where I said USA, where people speak improved English, not the anachronistic British kind.  :-)

And 75% of them can't stop eating...... 

On 5/19/2018 at 1:17 AM, Monomial said:

You obviously missed the point where I said USA, where people speak improved English, not the anachronistic British kind.  :-)

Oh, spare me...................... :coffee1:

BTW - I am neither British or American.

Edited by lvr181
Additional comment

Not wanting to take the side of the driver in front of the ambulance, but from my observations from the video, the ambulance driver could have easily gone around the driver, who in my opinion, probably couldn't see if there was anything in the lane that he was supposed to merge too as the ambulance is not a sedan, whereby if it was, you could clearly see over it.

It has height, flashing lights so close also doesn't help ones vision, and being up their rear end, can make some people panic, the driver putting his brakes on was clear, "go around me' and the ambulance driver in instances like this should be able to read the owner and perhaps move to the left lane and go around, simple really, not all drivers are ambulance drivers or confident in situations like this, and saying they shouldn't be on the road by any TVF member would just go to show how stupid they are, seriously !

Sometimes commonsense should be used as opposed to ego's, that's my take on it.

Image result for thai ambulance

Edited by 4MyEgo

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Not wanting to take the side of the driver in front of the ambulance, but from my observations from the video, the ambulance driver could have easily gone around the driver, who in my opinion, probably couldn't see if there was anything in the lane that he was supposed to merge too as the ambulance is not a sedan, whereby if it was, you could clearly see over it.

It has height, flashing lights so close also doesn't help ones vision, and being up their rear end, can make some people panic, the driver putting his brakes on was clear, "go around me' and the ambulance driver in instances like this should be able to read the owner and perhaps move to the left lane and go around, simple really, not all drivers are ambulance drivers or confident in situations like this, and saying they shouldn't be on the road by any TVF member would just go to show how stupid they are, seriously !

Sometimes commonsense should be used as opposed to ego's, that's my take on it.

Image result for thai ambulance

Sometimes it is difficult if not impossible to use common sense and Thai driver in the one sentence. 

• Haha 1

There is three factors at work here #1 is the continuing of ambulances ,rescue vehicles ,and police using their red lights and sirens when there is no need except for the drivers wanting to speed through traffic,#2 there are no proper police patrols on the streets to give tickets,#3 is the Thais thought of self importance not wanting to pull over as that would mean almost a half of a minute that he lost on the road. In other words " They could care less".

Perhaps if emergency service vehicles stopped the bizarre use of emergency lights when there is clearly no emergency they`d be taken more seriously when the lights are really needed.

It`s the same with the police pick ups and the two-up biker police on their occasional Sukhumvit Road patrols, cruising the kerbside at 10kph all red lights ablaze for no reason other than "I'm a policeman".

Edited by Just Weird

3 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

It`s the same with the police pick ups on their occasional Sukhumvit Road patrols, cruising the kerbside at 10kph all red lights ablaze for no reason other than "I'm a policeman".

This is total BS,   They are playing on Face book or Line. :giggle:

for a BS story this is certainly entertaining, the headline should have been enough warning:

"Ambulance trapped again! "  NOT trapped - just incapable of a lane change - end of story.

• Haha 1