Am I permitted to go abroad during the 30 day marriage visa application?

I submitted the tedious forms etc for the ext of stay based on marriage. They stamped my PP 30 days and immigration recently visited my pad. I have to go back 8th June to get the 1 yr stamp. Am I allowed to go abroad before the 8th if I get a re-entry permit prior to my departure?

46 minutes ago, davidst01 said:

Am I allowed to go abroad before the 8th if I get a re-entry permit prior to my departure?

Yes you can get a re-entry permit that will be valid for entry up to the report back date on the stamp which is apparently the 8th of June.

Just in case this happens to OP too...

I did so last month - I got re-entry permit - and I came back on 25 April two days before the last day of my Non Imm Visa (27 April)

The Immigration officer at Suvarnabhumi was not familiar with having to stamp an entry for only two days and had to consult a superior but this person noticed immediately the stamp with the request to come to Immigration 30 days after my application for an extension (although this was on 5 May i.e. one week after my Non Imm O expired). Then everything was OK.

I am not sure what Immigration will do if you return after the last day of your Non Imm visa (of course before the invitation to come June 8th)

Edited by fvw53
adding one line

I have a similar question/problem scheduling the 30 days waiting period and summer travel plans in Europe. I have heard I can apply 45 days before my 90 days permission to stay expires (multi-nonO). Is this rule strict? I will be applying in Bangkok for the first time ever. Could I apply for the one year extension based on marriage say 48 days before my stay permit expires? And is the processing time always strictly 30 days? Am I correct assuming that if I travelled abroad during the 30 days processing period with a re entry permit and expired non-o visa and returned back just one day late the whole thing would collapse and I would be stamped in 30 days stamp? Thanks for advice, it is needed.

3 minutes ago, zhangxifu said:

I have a similar question/problem scheduling the 30 days waiting period and summer travel plans in Europe. I have heard I can apply 45 days before my 90 days permission to stay expires (multi-nonO). Is this rule strict? I will be applying in Bangkok for the first time ever. Could I apply for the one year extension based on marriage say 48 days before my stay permit expires? And is the processing time always strictly 30 days? Am I correct assuming that if I travelled abroad during the 30 days processing period with a re entry permit and expired non-o visa and returned back just one day late the whole thing would collapse and I would be stamped in 30 days stamp? Thanks for advice, it is needed.

Bangkok immigration will accept the application up to 45 days early. They might accept it 48 days early.

The report back date is always 30 days from the date the stamp is done a Bangkok immigration but that does not mean it will always be approved by that date.

If you entered after the re-entry permit expired (same as report back date) you would only get a 30 day visa exempt entry which means you would have to start all over again.

If you aware you will need to travel between the date you apply for the extension and the date the 90 day entry ends it might be best to get a re-entry permit for the 90 days and then apply for the extension when your return.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, fvw53 said:

I am not sure what Immigration will do if you return after the last day of your Non Imm visa (of course before the invitation to come June 8th)

Not sure if the O/P is currently here on a visa entry or if he already had an extension of stay that is expiring and which he is renewing. If he has a re-entry permit good til the 8th and the under consideration information in his passport, the expiration of his visa would be irrelevant. 

A re-entry permit is tied to your current permission to stay, not the expiration of a visa that you may or may not have.

Edited by Suradit69

6 hours ago, za said:

My non o multiple visa expires on 19/6/18.can I go n apply for a new multiple non o multiple visa at savanakhet on 5//6/18.Will the emba6in savanakhet issue me a new visa since my present visa expires on 19/6/18

Sent from my SM-G955F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes they would.

But you could leave and re-enter the country on or before June 19th and get a new 90 day entry if that day is the enter before date on your visa. You could also get a 60 day extension of that 90 day entry to visit your wife which would delay needing to applying for a new visa for almost 5 months.

Bangkok immigration will accept the application up to 45 days early. They might accept it 48 days early.
The report back date is always 30 days from the date the stamp is done a Bangkok immigration but that does not mean it will always be approved by that date.

I too will be having problems with the timing to renew my extension Thai wife this year, as I will be out of country 50 to 28 days prior to expiry and also 14 days prior until 6 days after expiry. Is an extension for retirement any quicker to get than a Thai wife extension, i.e. within 14 days or will I be having to get a visa from Neighbouring country?
Thanks for any help forthcoming

5 hours ago, sidgy said:

I too will be having problems with the timing to renew my extension Thai wife this year, as I will be out of country 50 to 28 days prior to expiry and also 14 days prior until 6 days after expiry. Is an extension for retirement any quicker to get than a Thai wife extension, i.e. within 14 days or will I be having to get a visa from Neighbouring country?
Thanks for any help forthcoming

You could apply for the extension just before you leave the country 14 days before your extension ends. Then get a re-entry permit for the 30 day report back date.

Does the office you apply at do the 30 days from the date you apply or from the date your extension ends?

An extension based upon retirement is accepted and approved on the same day you apply. If using the 800k baht in the bank option it have to be in the bank for 3 months on the date you apply.

You could apply for the extension just before you leave the country 14 days before your extension ends. Then get a re-entry permit for the 30 day report back date.
Does the office you apply at do the 30 days from the date you apply or from the date your extension ends?
An extension based upon retirement is accepted and approved on the same day you apply. If using the 800k baht in the bank option it have to be in the bank for 3 months on the date you apply.

Hi Joe, thanks for the reply. I reside in BKK so will be applying at Chaeng Wattana.
The 800 k has been in the bank well over 3 months, so this will probably be the easiest option for me.
Just one more question if I may, do I still apply for this extension prior to my current extension based on marriage expires or do I have to apply for this retirement one after the expiry . Thanks again Sid

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

17 minutes ago, sidgy said:

Just one more question if I may, do I still apply for this extension prior to my current extension based on marriage expires or do I have to apply for this retirement one after the expiry .

You will be able to apply for it before your extension ends. At Chaeng Wattana you can apply up to 45 days early.

When you do the change from marriage to retirement they probably will start your new extension from the date your apply.