Work Permit As A Self-employed English Teacher?

If you have a non-imm O visa (not dependent upon an employer's sponsorship for the visa), can you apply for a Work Permit to teach English indpendently (self-employed)?

If you get a Work Permit to work for an employer, can you modify the Work Permit to moonlight (without objection from your employer) as a tutor?

If you have a non-imm O visa (not dependent upon an employer's sponsorship for the visa), can you apply for a Work Permit to teach English indpendently (self-employed)?
If you are American, it is possible. Otherwise you could obtain a work permit as well, if you are working for a natural person. (This natural person would be your employer.)
If you get a Work Permit to work for an employer, can you modify the Work Permit to moonlight (without objection from your employer) as a tutor?

No. You need to get the second job approved in your work permit. In most all cases, the first employer needs to sign off on it.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Would this be true of an American on an "O" retirement type visa? Absent a work permit? Thanks.

You could own the business as an American. If you are working, you need a work permit.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

I could employ myself?

Alternatively, I could work for a "natural person?" at another location and not have a work permit for my own company?

I could employ myself?
Yes
Alternatively, I could work for a "natural person?" at another location and not have a work permit for my own company?

If you are working for the natural person, you need a work permit. If you working for your own company, you need a work permit. The work permit would have both locations in your work permit.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

I could employ myself?

Yes
If you are working for the natural person, you need a work permit. If you working for your own company, you need a work permit. The work permit would have both locations in your work permit.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Thanks. Really appreciate your taking the time to answer my questions. I anticipate contacting you at your office to follow up regarding this matter.