Suzuki GD 110 - a retro m/c made in Thailand for 40,100 THB

onlycw

http://ananmoney.com/suzuki-gd-110-price-spec/ 

I like its looks and the riding position. Who owns one and can share the experience? Japanese Quality Control and a simple, tried & tested design does appeal to me as an alternative to a step-through.

Years ago, I bought a Kawasaki 1000 for that price and it was a money pit. New & with warranty appeals to me now, although it will be a weak engine. 

• Like 1

Really ugly bike, I mean to my eyes of course.

Claiming Japanese quality on a bike that cost 40K THB it's not an option IMHO, this is basically a moped with high tank and clutch, can say that in it's simplicity it's probably gonna have a long lifespan and a good durability (if serviced properly). It's a bike that can do what a moped is doing and for sure it's using well tested parts.

Everything on this bike is 40+YO technology and has been tested for a long time, so yes indeed a bike that will not have problems, suspensions are gonna be the bigger issue as are cheap stuff that gonna need to be replaced with other cheap stuff in the first 10k Km, if you want to put god shock absorbers on it prepare a 30k check for pay for it.

I've seen a lot of nice mods on it and can be that if somebody like to get dirty will have a good fun with this bike.

15106575815111d54a94757e1c052c1fb009562383.jpg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, naboo said:

It is very basic. I was keen until I saw it up close. Simple drum brakes, weak suspension, many of the peripheral components looked the cheapest option.

Very basic and with the appeal of a rectoscopy...

Suzuki-GD110-Gray.jpg

Test drive one first, for power and vibration (Phuket Suzuki has many colors of this and one for test drive), I have a Chinese copy of this (150cc though) I bought in another country and the vibration is quite annoying.

But this is Suzuki, so it must be a bit better than copies ! - I think half the bikes coming out of China are copy of this model, but with higher cc.....

I saw one at Mityon Pattaya the other day while looking for a bike for my wife ,repossessed only about 2000 km on the clock 29,500 baht...but my wife said its a "mans" bike ie: it has gears and clutch...so she compromised and I bought her a brand new (old stock ) Yamaha Spark 115i for 31,000 baht instead..which has front disk brake and Fi.....I still think I would prefer the Suzy but..not my bike so.....

• Like 1

I was looking out for one at Auction .You can get a one year old for as low as B20,000. Came across a good cond Honda Phantom instead and bought it .The Phantom 200 cc and well proved .Disc brakes front and back ,6 gears and came with top box and panniers and crash guards .Hoping for the best .