Schengen Visa - Via Spanish Embassy

Hi there

My wife (Thai National) has to apply for a Schengen Visa to travel to Spain at the end of March/Start of April, everything is in order. However the only problem i can see is that her initial 2 year spouse visa for the UK is set to expire on 1st May (she is unable to extend or apply for ILR until April 26th).

So i was wandering if anyone has had any experience of this and if this would hinder her chances of obtaining the visa.

Your views help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Thanks Scouser

I wont be travelling with the wife she will be going with her friends for a weekend.

Ill be quite happy in going up to London though and getting the visa with her.

Suppose the advantage she has is that she has had a Shengen Multi entrance previously and adhered to the time limits on it.

Thanks

Chris

Chris,

As you won't be travelling with your wife, she will have to pay for the visa, rather than getting it free on the basis that she's the dependant of an EEA national. That she is married to a Brit and has had a multi-entry visa before will stand her in good stead, but the expiry date of her UK visa does then become more of an issue.

Scouse.

• 1 year later...
Chris,

As you won't be travelling with your wife, she will have to pay for the visa, rather than getting it free on the basis that she's the dependant of an EEA national. That she is married to a Brit and has had a multi-entry visa before will stand her in good stead, but the expiry date of her UK visa does then become more of an issue.

Scouse.

Hi,

I,m currently applying through Keyvisa for a 6 month tourist visa for UK for my Thai girlfriend.What I would like advice on is when approved hopefully can I then apply for a visa to Spain straight away and is it the same process as a UK visa,timescales and info required.And would it be easier to obtain having successfully obtaining a UK visa.

Regards

Paul

....today I have been looking through the spanish embassy website as my wife and I have some work there.My question is; my wife renewed her thai passport at queens gate, her first thai passport had the leave to remain visa stamped in then on the second passport a stamp which says at the bottom "the visa's duly affixed still remain valid" but i noticed on the spainish consulate website it said something like" original visa's must be validated" or something like that......also her first passport is in her maiden name and her second passport in my surname......any advice would be welcome.......p.s. i think the city of liverpool has a couple of great football teams.... :o

i think the city of liverpool has a couple of great football teams.... :o

Of course: there's Liverpool and then there's Tranmere Rovers.

I don't see your wife's situation as being a problem. Just carry both the old and the new passports together and for safety's sake take a copy of your marriage certificate which will provide the link between her maiden and married names.

I don't know what they mean by original visas must be validated, but presume they mean that the immigration officer on arrival will inspect the validity of the visa.

Scouse.