Where to buy Thai Avocados in Phuket?

ElephantEgo

Makros usually have them although the last couple of times I have been in they have been out of stock.  You can normally get a couple for about the same price as one import.

The Thalang Makro often has decent Thai spuds in as well- far better than the watery Chinese ones. 

57 minutes ago, GLewis said:

You know the quality of Thai avocados is not on par with the Hass Variety that are imported. Often never really get ripe and they for sure are no where as creamy as a Hass. But better than nothing

Depends on who you get them from.. 

I buy from bangkok fruits.. They have avacados from all around the region (vietnam, myanmar, etc) and have different quality at different prices.. I was buying 5kg / minimum orders of burmese ones, a little small but rich and creamy last year. 

https://www.facebook.com/Bangkoklovelyfruits/

4 hours ago, GLewis said:

You know the quality of Thai avocados is not on par with the Hass Variety that are imported. Often never really get ripe and they for sure are no where as creamy as a Hass. But better than nothing

Doesn't matter. I'm keto and need the potassium and avocados are loaded. I make chocolate brownies out of them so taste is unimportant. Got some two weeks ago from Chalong Makro but their all gone now. 

Edited by csabo

4 minutes ago, csabo said:

Doesn't matter. I'm keto and need the potassium and avocados are loaded. I make chocolate brownies out of them so taste is unimportant. Got some two weeks ago from Chalong Makro but their all gone now. 

I take my potassium straight

th.jpg

Fraid GLewis has it right - avos in Phuket are hit and miss - sadly mostly miss.

Even the imported Hass ones at Villa Market/Tops can be rubbish. And the big local ones can be pretty tasteless.

Edited by Altalake
typo

14 hours ago, csabo said:

You could try these https://healthfoodthailand.com/en/super-herbs-thailand/432-moringa-60-capsules.html

High in potassium. Very reliable supplier.

2 hours ago, Valentine said:

You could try these https://healthfoodthailand.com/en/super-herbs-thailand/432-moringa-60-capsules.html

High in potassium. Very reliable supplier.

Well since they don't list the actual amounts its hard to say but normally potassium supplement capsules are a very small dose.  I need 4500 mg daily. I would be eating twenty capsules a day probably. I use a potassium chloride powder which delivers almost my total amount in a little more than a teaspoon but have you ever tasted potassium chloride powder? I would rather eat avocados which have as much as 500 mg per 100 grams. 

Well since they don't list the actual amounts its hard to say but normally potassium supplement capsules are a very small dose.  I need 4500 mg daily. I would be eating twenty capsules a day probably. I use a potassium chloride powder which delivers almost my total amount in a little more than a teaspoon but have you ever tasted potassium chloride powder? I would rather eat avocados which have as much as 500 mg per 100 grams. 
How about nuts as a source of potassium. That's okay for keto in moderation isn't it?

On 5/31/2018 at 7:19 AM, trd said:
On 5/31/2018 at 12:10 AM, csabo said:

How about nuts as a source of potassium. That's okay for keto in moderation isn't it?

I eat lots of them. Mostly almonds and macadamias. I would have to eat 5 cups of mixed nuts to get near 4500 mg of potassium. That's alotta nuts. It's part of my diet as are other natural sources but keeping under 1500 calories and getting the right raised daily recommended nutrients and having a keto macro level of 5‰,25‰,70% carb protein fat ratios is not as easy as "eat some nuts". 

15 hours ago, csabo said:

I eat lots of them. Mostly almonds and macadamias. I would have to eat 5 cups of mixed nuts to get near 4500 mg of potassium. That's alotta nuts. It's part of my diet as are other natural sources but keeping under 1500 calories and getting the right raised daily recommended nutrients and having a keto macro level of 5‰,25‰,70% carb protein fat ratios is not as easy as "eat some nuts". 

Don't you worry about having too high a potassium level? About 1 1/2 years ago I woke up in the night with my heart racing like crazy. it lasted about 3 hours during which time I had to go pee about every 10 minutes. High potassium levels were induced were induced by a change of blood pressure medication. It was quite scary & the next morning I stopped one of the meds & felt much better during the day along with a wonderful 9 hour sleep that night (normally if I can get 7 hours I feel blessed).

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 11:10 AM, csabo said:

My Tabs are 750 mgs. No taste going down.

4500 mg daily seems incredibly high.

My potassium levels are low because of diuretics to control leg edema. Low potassium levels can also cause heart problems.

Edited by Old Croc