Let monkeys stay on Phuket Town hill, local residents vote

webfact

Let monkeys stay on Phuket Town hill, local residents vote

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1527657212_1-org.jpg

An infant monkey stares into the camera near where the public-feedback meeting was held in Rassada last week. Photo: Phuket Provincial Environment Office

PHUKET: Residents in Phuket Town have voted to allow the wild monkeys to stay on Rang Hill, overlooking the town. The vote came at a public-feedback meeting held on Monday (May 28) asking residents what to do with the troupes of wild monkeys in their respective areas.

A total of 47 local residents were present at the meeting on Monday, held at “Wat Khao Rang” (Rang Hill Temple), in Phuket Town.

The local residents made their opinion clear for wildlife officials to take steps to control the number of the wild monkeys living on Rang Hill, but asked to let the monkeys stay there.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/let-monkeys-stay-on-phuket-town-hill-local-residents-vote-67298.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-05-30

Be aware with the "wild" monkeys, as they can snatch whatever they like and maybe bite. 

Ofcourse you can buy banana's to feed them and they live on it.

Sometimes they look so nice, but be aware they are "wild"

4 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Be aware with the "wild" monkeys, as they can snatch whatever they like and maybe bite. 

Thanks, good to know.

6 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Exactly.  They make me just as nervous in areas where tourists feed them as they would if they were completely wild.  Because I'm not going to feed them, and I don't have food, but they might see me and expect that I am/do, and I certainly do not want to be in that situation where I'm surrounded by a bunch of expectant monkeys getting angry because I'm not forking over bananas or crisps.  I'll gladly give the miss to monkeys any day, especially since I'm one of those people who doesn't really find them amusing or cute.

8 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

They can bite the snot out of you. Stay clear and be very careful with any young children. We had a pack of them following us up the hill, I'll avoid that park in the future.