Prachuap Khiri Khan

We arrived mid afternoon, 1500 hrs or thereabouts, not bad journey except for the usual nut jobs on the road and a spot of very heavy rain about 50 km form PKK, had a drive around after checking in, got some dosh from an ATM found a nice German/Bavarian bar/beer garden/restaurant for a couple of beers after the long drive, back to the guest house to freshen up and then out to a lovely little Italian place for a bite to eat.

So far, I am impressed with your little town and slightly jealous of you that are lucky enough to live here, the pace of life is certainly a lot slower than Patts and we are both looking forward to exploring the area over the next couple of days before me move further South, which leads me onto a question :biggrin:

If any of you can recommend any nice spots close to the sea on the Andaman side within about 3 or 4 hours drive (leisurely speed) from PKK they would be more than welcome, Thanks. ?  

PKK is a favorite of mine.

I have not been for 2 years now and am considering a vist once my Non Immig Visa is sorted.

May I ask where you stayed and while I do not remember a German restaurant I think I know the Italian, run by a very nice Thai Lady.

john

39 minutes ago, jonwilly said:

PKK is a favorite of mine.

I have not been for 2 years now and am considering a vist once my Non Immig Visa is sorted.

May I ask where you stayed and while I do not remember a German restaurant I think I know the Italian, run by a very nice Thai Lady.

john

We are staying at Sunbeach Guesthouse/hotel, very nice, only 10 rooms as far as I can tell, but they have a pool, breakfast is not included but available, it's right on the sea front & we have a sea view, 1000 Thai Baht, rooms are very very clean, wifi is good, and the owners are nice, fridge in room with a couple of beers in and a large fridge in reception with more in at not rip off prices. ? 

The Italian restaurant is La Vite, about 100 meters from the gates of the army camp, on the LHS as you head back into town, we were in there on Sunday night and were going to go back in tonight but it was shut so end up in the PKK Grand Hotel for a pretty mediocre meal.

As for the German place, it's in Soi Sue Suk which is the next road back from the beach, about a 200 meter stroll, I haven't tried the food as we were booked for the Italian and it is nothing to look at but if they had been open earlier I might well have eaten there.

I'm sure you would like this place but it depends on what you want from a hotel/ guesthouse, me, all I look for is cleanliness, a comfy bed and friendly staff, If a full English is included all the better ? We have a nice large balcony with a great view over the ocean who could ask for more ? 

Enjoy.

Edited by Golden Triangle
  • Thanks 1