Thai police chief in Germany to collect monk

webfact

2 hours ago, snowgard said:

And you think it's a big freebie bonus to travel (11,5h) to germany, sleep in the airport hotel and next day fly (11,5h) back to Thailand?

I don't know someone who want this as a present!!!

When you consider the copious selfies with persons famous, and the accumulated face and barami back 'ome, it's probably worth it to a certain type of status-conscious Thai.

• Haha 1

On 6/5/2018 at 7:35 AM, sammieuk1 said:

Some collect amulets and some collect Monks to me they all look the same. 

I have more faith in an inanimate object - the monk amulet.

Edited by bluesofa

8 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

It does seem a touch extravagant. are the 13 people (plus or minus one lawyer) justified anywhere or should we assume it's another junket for obedient minions?

Yeah, the German immigration officers would be laughing. Hey Hans did you hear the circus is in town? Franz, who are they and where they from? :WPFflags:Oh, they are from that laughing stock of south-east Asia Thailand who brings 13 people to arrest 1monk.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

Yeah, the German immigration officers would be laughing. Hey Hans did you hear the circus is in town? Franz, who are they and where they from? :WPFflags:Oh, they are from that laughing stock of south-east Asia Thailand who brings 13 people to arrest 1monk.

Here's a hard question (yes, yes, I know...).

Do you think that Thais in general (or those in government) are aware that so many people consider them to be a complete joke? It's just that to me, they seem to take themselves ever so seriously...

Edited by KiwiKiwi

On 6/5/2018 at 4:37 AM, webfact said:

Thai police chief in Germany to collect monk

Given that the crap crack squadron (the dirty baker's dozen) are in Germany doing nothing (must make them feel quite at home), perhaps they could play Monopoly to pass the time away:

Do not pass go immigration

Go straight to jail

Collect $200 errant monk

You have been caught operating an illegal traffic check point, miss a go.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Do you think that Thais in general (or those in government) are aware that so many people consider them to be a complete joke? It's just that to me, they seem to take themselves ever so seriously...

Does anyone really care?...………….Planet Thailand!

6 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Well looking at that 13 people to collect 1 Monk you have to be scratching your head would you not? Considering in most countries if they want to extradite a mass murderer to another country or state 2 detectives seem to handle that ok. The mind boggles why do they need so many?

1 minute ago, PatOngo said:

Does anyone really care?...………….Planet Thailand!

You're right of course, I was curious. I believe that people who have the choice should refuse to live in what is palpably a delusional state and at least try to be more mainstream in their beliefs. That after all, would be normal outside of the 3rd world (or 'developing' world to use the more modern and politically correct expression).

It's a genuine concern I really cannot tell, and that vexes me, hence the question. Share and learn - right?

Just now, Happyman58 said:

Well looking at that 13 people to collect 1 Monk you have to be scratching your head would you not? Considering in most countries if they want to extradite a mass murderer to another country or state 2 detectives seem to handle that ok. The mind boggles why do they need so many?

Probably the junket factor.