Where can I do a malignacy screening in a government hospital?

jaroulz

I need to provide a malignancy screening to my future insurance company.

As it is just an administrative step, I want to do it as soon and as cheap as possible.

I know from a doctor that it require to have the liver/pancreas/poop/lungs checked together.

Any place to do that near Bangkok center? What is the price range I should expect?

I've found this but I don't know if it is really relevant and I can't find the prices online : https://worldmedicaltourismsite.wordpress.com/2016/10/30/list-of-top-10-best-government-hospitals-in-bangkok/

I am not really clear on exactly what tests you are being required to have?

Can you specify please. For example:

- is it chest a Chest Xray for the lung or are they demanding a PET scan (very expensive, and unusual to do unless there is a strong risk factor)?

- for "poop" is it just a stool sample for occult blood or do they want you to have a colonoscopy?

-fopr liver, do they want an ultrasound? CT? What?

- Are they requesting any blood tests, if so what?

etc etc

I must say this all sounds very odd, I have never heard of an insurance company asking for tests specifically for malignancy of multiple organs. Are you sure it is not just a general physical check up that they want? That would be far more usual and can be done at any hospital, but you still need to know exactly what tests they require.

Once it is clear what you need I can suggest where to go.

I recently had a DVT and it cost me a lot of money.

So I decided to go for an insurance. I sent the insurance the plan management regarding my DVT so they could check before insuring me.
A part of this plan management was mentioning a malignancy screening which haven't been done yet by the time.
So when the insurance company asked me for the malignancy screening results but I wasn't able to send any so they told me they couldn't accept me under standard conditions.
That's why I needed to do a cheap malignancy screening in order to make them accept me.

I finally did one at Piyavate Hospital : blood tests for liver, stomac and prostate + poop check for intestine + lung and echography.

All negative and I got insured since today :)

But still, I would love to hear your recommendations as I do have friends who are looking to do the same kind of malignancy screening in a government hospital.

It is still unclear what tests are actually required. I think he may be using the word "malignancy" to mean "disease", not cancer. In which case what he means is a general check up which all hospitals can do. I suspect that is what he actually had done at Piyavate.

OP please respond to my prior question. What are you meaning by the word "malignancy"? In Englidh this means cancer which there would be no reason to suspect after a DVT and in any case there is no such thing as tests to rule out all cancers....and with a DVT there are non-cancerous conditions one would want to exclude. Do you instead mean an overall health check up to rule out other diseases? As that sounds like what you had done.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, Sheryl said:

It is still unclear what tests are actually required. I think he may be using the word "malignancy" to mean "disease", not cancer. In which case what he means is a general check up which all hospitals can do. I suspect that is what he actually had done at Piyavate.

OP please respond to my prior question. What are you meaning by the word "malignancy"? In Englidh this means cancer which there would be no reason to suspect after a DVT and in any case there is no such thing as tests to rule out all cancers....and with a DVT there are non-cancerous conditions one would want to exclude. Do you instead mean an overall health check up to rule out other diseases? As that sounds like what you had done.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

By malignancy screening I meant a search for cancers, yes.

When you said there would be no reason to suspect a cancer after a DVT, it is absolutely wrong because blood coagulation troubles can sometimes be a consequence of cancer or future cancer as per explained by the cardiologist at Piyavate Hospital in person.

Of course the insurance didn't require a full check for any form of cancer (pretty costly and not relevant in my case) so they seemed to be satisfied with the results provided by the malignancy screening I had done which is called the minimum "package" in terms of malignancy screening.

Hope this answers your question and if you could recommend government hospitals to do such malignancy screening at low cost for my friends it would be much appreciated.

The check up you describe having had done ("blood tests for liver, stomac and prostate + poop check for intestine + lung and echography. ) sounds like a standard general check up not a special "malignancy" check. It would catch certaibn cancers bit not all, and it also screens for many other problems.

Any hospital can do this.

Among government hospitals, Chulalongkhorn would be best.

St Louis  Hospital nearby Chula doesnt cost that much more and would entail less wait time.

AFAIK there is  no blood test specific to the stomach, cancer or otherwise. And the "poop test" you describe at most checks for the presence of occult blood as well as, usually, parasites. Presence of blood can have many causes of which cancer is only one, and as a cancer screening measure this test would need to be done on 3 separate occasions.

Presumably your insurance company provided a specific list of tests they wanted done?

the most common cause of a DVT is cardiac arrythmia and I can't imagine they would only have wanted you screened for unspecified cancers.

Thank you for the insights.

FYI, the insurance company didn't request any malignancy screening. They just asked for it in this very case because the medical report I've forwarded to them regarding my DVT was mentioning a planned malignancy screening in the plan management. And because it wasn't done yet, I had to do it and send them the results.

Regarding the most common causes of DVT, I believe cardiac arrhythmia is just a cause among a lot of other things.

Archived