Building a gaming pc

kamuchka

Hi everyone,

So I've been gaming on my laptop for quite sometime now but I have been experiencing fps drops so I wanted to build my own PC. But i'm on a budget around 10k.

What do you recommend me getting? 

Thanks.

Hi everyone,

So I've been gaming on my laptop for quite sometime now but I have been experiencing fps drops so I wanted to build my own PC. But i'm on a budget around 10k.

What do you recommend me getting? 

Thanks.
Don't think you can build much for 10000THB

I am going home soon if you live in pattaya I have a few spare bits of kit going cheap(some if it I might even be able to give to you) but not sure what yet and how much.And not even sure if any if it will be any good for you.I have a half decent Gaming PC what handles the top games on somewhere near 60FPS on somewhere near high settings but I might take the GPU and ram and mother board etc with me.Or I might sell the whole thing I haven't decided yet.

But if you buy new it will be hard to build anything good for 10000THB especially now GPUs have gone up in price because everyone is mining with them.

You are better of spending about 12 and getting a ps4

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

10,000 bath will hardly be enough to buy a good cpu, mb and ram.  If you increase your budget 8-10,000 you can purchase a built system. Check out Lazada's website. They have a good selection.  You'll need at least an Intel I-5 or ADM 4 core processor or better, 8 gb of ram, a gaming mb, a 1TB hdd and a quality gpu.  I built my system 8 years ago for around $600 and at today's prices, it would cost more than twice that.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Just finished building a gaming pc, diy and kind of cheap future proof.... In total (with monitor) very near 60'000.- The graphic cards are very expensive due to mining. The old good ones are a few hundreds or one thousand near the new ones, so always tempted to get a bit newer one... and so get very quickly to 10'000 up just for the gpu. The top notch ones are around 25'000 or more.

Then again around 10'000 for the cpu and mainboard. Also it is sweet to have a ssd coupled with a hdd, again 5-6 thousands without going crazy. You also need some RAM that adds 5-10'000 , a power supply and a decent case is again around 5'000... All in all it's 40'000 already and still missing keyboard, mouse, wifi (if needed or lan on motherboard) and the monitor. It's nice to get a full hd and a big size. You can find some 27" for again around 10/15'000.... A few other extras as coolers, leds or whatever and here we are over 50'000.-

And that is not going crazy but it's capable of holding 60fps in recent games and hopefully future proof.

So for 10'000 or a bit more as someone said, better go the console way but it's not as fun (building and than performance).

Good luck

Edit : Forgot to say, ordered from jib.co.th. Very impressed by their good work. Ordered online at around 3pm, got everything the next day by 1pm and I live in the bush 100km North of Chiang Mai city. Performing well JIB !!!

I was in similar situation but i've decided to rather buy 2 good components and then save money to buy next, rather than just buying all components weak. Depends of which games you play but you can get some I5 that can run recent games on medium settings. 

You cant get anything decent without spending at least 25k.

Also i would suggest you to just get new laptop, even thou i prefer PC, but in your case it might be good since you don't even have monitor. Just get Lenovo Y700 they are on discount atm, probably around 25k. For reference you can run WItcher 3 on ultra settings with that laptop. I have it for 1 year now along with my pc and its really really good laptop, and much cheaper than other competitiors brands like MSI, ROG..etc.. Iown MSI and Rog too, older models, MSI overheats like crazy even with fresh termal paste and clean out ofdust, Rog is nice but a bit more pricey. 

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I built my last PC with some help from this website:

PCPartPicker

I recommend an SSD + HDD

The speed increase from the SSD (w/OS installed on it) is night and day compared to HDD - I put all games on the SSD

Extraneous things I store on the HDD (videos, pics, etc.)

What I came up with:

I'm still running Windows 7 x64

Installed an MSI MB (MS-7979)

Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB

Intel chip i5-7400 & 8 Gigs ram

500 gig SSD

750 gig HDD

A good PSU

I call it "The Beast" and it will run anything I throw at it so far on high to ultra settings - full AA etc.

Not infinite room on the SSD but i couldn't live w/o one now...

On 6/7/2018 at 9:55 PM, juice777 said:

Don't think you can build much for 10000THB

I am going home soon if you live in pattaya I have a few spare bits of kit going cheap(some if it I might even be able to give to you) but not sure what yet and how much.And not even sure if any if it will be any good for you.I have a half decent Gaming PC what handles the top games on somewhere near 60FPS on somewhere near high settings but I might take the GPU and ram and mother board etc with me.Or I might sell the whole thing I haven't decided yet.

But if you buy new it will be hard to build anything good for 10000THB especially now GPUs have gone up in price because everyone is mining with them.

You are better of spending about 12 and getting a ps4

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Earlier today, I was looking up Alieenware prices on Ebay. Found some nice ones but for more than double your budgeet. Get a good used one?

Archived