PM Prayut to meet political parties this month

webfact

PM to meet political parties this month

By Thai PBS

prayut7.jpg

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said he planned to meet with political parties some time this month after the Constitutional Court on Monday ruled that the amendments of Sections 140 and 141 of the Political Party Act by Order No.53/2560 issued on Dec 22 last year by Prime Minister Prayut Chano-cha in his capacity as chairman of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) did not violate the 2017 constitution.

“I will not raise any conditions. Whoever wants to come, come. I will not ask any party to join. As for parties which do not want to come, the people will decide for themselves why.

“As for a proposal by some parties for the meeting to be televised live, I would take it for consideration. I want to look into honesty of individual parties,” Gen Prayut said.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-meet-political-parties-month/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-06-07

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2018 at 9:04 AM, YetAnother said:

judging by his tone, this 'meeting' will be the all-too-often one-way ,warning lecture

Yes, intimidate those whose views differ from his, or connive with those who would would allow this taciturn coward to remain without debate nor scrutiny of any kind.