EXCLUSIVE: Cameroon man in Thailand: My life has been wrecked by false rape accusation

13 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Evidence?  What evidence?  There is only the word of one Cameroonian who was convicted of rape.

i meant the fact they only found his friends DNA on her and not his but i realize that's not 100% evidence, but you get my point

24 minutes ago, Media1 said:

Woman should see 10 years jail for false claims mandatory. And be stoned on the street

What makes you say that the woman's claims were false when there is only the uncorroborated word of this Cameroonian to go on?   I wonder how come his similarly convicted mate didn't stick around to join him with the claim of false accusations?

6 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Why should the woman be jailed?  Who said that what this Cameroonian claims, who is apparently here illegally (got a student visa "with the help of a Thai school" and can't speak any Thai?), is actually the truth?  Are Cameroonian tourists (?) extending their holiday via student visas renowned for their honesty here?

his visa status and reasons for being in thailand are irrelevant to the charges he faced. if he was illegal they would have kicked him out. maybe he has money, who knows

3 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

i meant the fact they only found his friends DNA on her and not his but i realize that's not 100% evidence, but you get my point

That's not evidence, it's only what he said but he would say that, wouldn't he?

2 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

his visa status and reasons for being in thailand are irrelevant to the charges he faced. if he was illegal they would have kicked him out. maybe he has money, who knows

They're not irrelevant to the question of his credibility! 

Maybe he was kicked out and returned here after his family rejected him but not every foreigner who is released from prison is deported.

This really pisses me off just hearing about it. My friend told me about a buddy of his who sat in a Thai jail for a year and a half because the woman falsely accused her boyfriend of beating her after she found out that he slept with another woman. This goes on worldwide and it has to stop!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

he's out of jail. sure he may still be on probation. that girl won't get pursued as too much bother for the BIB. he has nothing to gain from bringing it out in the open. maybe he just saw the story about the french fella and thought people should know what happened to him

15 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

They're not irrelevant to the question of his credibility! 

Maybe he was kicked out and returned here after his family rejected him but not every foreigner who is released from prison is deported.

no, you're missing the point. if they had no right to be here, yes they would be deported

Doesnt make sense, why would she go on holidays then go through a rape case if it was 100 percent consensul?  Maybe different cultures yes and no may have a gray line. Back home you can be done for rape if she is overly drunk and has sex with you, so its in your best interest to stay away.   The cameroon prob couldnt let this opportunity slip past, lesson learnt.

1 minute ago, BigT73 said:

Doesnt make sense, why would she go on holidays then go through a rape case if it was 100 percent consensul?  Maybe different cultures yes and no may have a gray line. Back home you can be done for rape if she is overly drunk and has sex with you, so its in your best interest to stay away.   The cameroon prob couldnt let this opportunity slip past, lesson learnt.

if you read the article the guy is saying he didn't even touch her but his mate did but he still got banged up. i'd say there's a chance the guy is telling the truth and his mate had sex with her whilst she was kind of out of it. she took them back to her friends condo. i mean come on. she has to bear responsibility for that. doesn't matter what country you come from or which you're in. take back 2 strangers after a night on the lash in kao sarn and expect something to happen or be very naive

Unfortunate and unjust. In America recently, a man who had served 20 years in prison for a murder he did not commit, which was proven by DNA, was released. Very scary. At the time of the arrest the police had no evidence connecting him to the crime and he was convicted anyway. This case sounds so similar. In both cases they were Black. 

2 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

If it can be proven to have been a false allegation then they should be charged, but you can't just hand out sentences to everyone who accuses someone but the court fails to get a conviction, many many guilty people walk free and that would mean many many victims being punished.  We need women to be confident in pressing charges against rapists, not fearing that they could go to prison if the court fails to reach a verdict.

"We need women to be confident in pressing charges against rapists," 

comment: yes against real rapists

but  fearing that they will have to go to prison if it is proven that their claim was wrong

They should also know that police or coroner will not only check the man but the woman as well.

"We need women to be confident in pressing charges against rapists, not fearing that they could go to prison if the court fails to reach a verdict."

No way. Too many men have suffered remand prison or even conviction for false rape claims. They have to be aware that they will severely punished if they are proven to have claimed rape wrongly.  Same as men when the rape can be proven.

Any woman can claim a rape for whatever reasons and the man accused will be in (remand) prison immidiately even if innocent. And this normally means months. They might lose their work or their business or their spouse even in developed countries. Even if their innocence is proven and the verdict is not guilty.

The claim to be raped is a sharp wepon in the hand of women. Not only men can be criminal and dishonest. We hear of many cases when women cut the penis of their husband in Thailand. Sending him to jail by false claim might be another option.

Edited by sweatalot

15 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

if you read the article the guy is saying he didn't even touch her but his mate did but he still got banged up. i'd say there's a chance the guy is telling the truth and his mate had sex with her whilst she was kind of out of it. she took them back to her friends condo. i mean come on. she has to bear responsibility for that. doesn't matter what country you come from or which you're in. take back 2 strangers after a night on the lash in kao sarn and expect something to happen or be very naive

not a question of naiveity, if you were with a overly drunk girl would you take advantage of that or be a gentleman and take her home? None of us were there its just his word....

2 minutes ago, BigT73 said:

not a question of naiveity, if you were with a overly drunk girl would you take advantage of that or be a gentleman and take her home? None of us were there its just his word....

there isn't evidence of anything, just a guy who called TV to tell his story. if what he says is true his mate had sex with her and the police only found his mates dna on her. whether that's true or not i don't know. no need to bring my morals into mate. you wouldn't find me taking any girl home. it's called marriage

5 minutes ago, BigT73 said:

... and just her word

7 minutes ago, BigT73 said:

ok. i would disagree. i think getting smashed on kao sarn and bringing 2 african blokes home to your friends condo is pretty damn naive mate

2 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

there isn't evidence of anything, just a guy who called TV to tell his story. if what he says is true his mate had sex with her and the police only found his mates dna on her. whether that's true or not i don't know. no need to bring my morals into mate. you wouldn't find me taking any girl home. it's called marriage

then why bring up her morals?  point is you would call a cab to make sure she got home, married or not its called respect.

3 minutes ago, BigT73 said:

The question I have with this "too drunk to consent" is what about the guy. If she is drunk

chances are he is as well. Should the women not also be charged. How many have brought

a girl home after a few too many pints and regretted it in the morning? The beer goggles

firmly in place. She was a 9 last night and a three now. Worse, failing to realize she was a

lady-boy, and not a good looking one at that. 555 (to be clear, this has never happened to me)

• Haha 1

Just now, BigT73 said:

then why bring up her morals?  point is you would call a cab to make sure she got home, married or not its called respect.

she invited them back to her friends condo, understand? it's not about moral high ground none sense. she didn't want a taxi she wanted to party

3 minutes ago, Ulic said:

The question I have with this "too drunk to consent" is what about the guy. If she is drunk

chances are he is as well. Should the women not also be charged. How many have brought

a girl home after a few too many pints and regretted it in the morning? The beer goggles

firmly in place. She was a 9 last night and a three now. Worse, failing to realize she was a

lady-boy, and not a good looking one at that. 555 (to be clear, this has never happened to me)

it has hasn't it 555

30 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

"We need women to be confident in pressing charges against rapists," 

comment: yes against real rapists

but  fearing that they will have to go to prison if it is proven that their claim was wrong

They should also know that police or coroner will not only check the man but the woman as well.

"We need women to be confident in pressing charges against rapists, not fearing that they could go to prison if the court fails to reach a verdict."

No way. Too many men have suffered remand prison or even conviction for false rape claims. They have to be aware that they will severely punished if they are proven to have claimed rape wrongly.  Same as men when the rape can be proven.

Any woman can claim a rape for whatever reasons and the man accused will be in (remand) prison immidiately even if innocent. And this normally means months. They might lose their work or their business or their spouse even in developed countries. Even if their innocence is proven and the verdict is not guilty.

The claim to be raped is a sharp wepon in the hand of women. Not only men can be criminal and dishonest. We hear of many cases when women cut the penis of their husband in Thailand. Sending him to jail by false claim might be another option.

Are you saying that all women who claimed to have been raped but the courts could not prove that she was beyond all reasonable grounds should be seen as guilty of making a false allegation?

21 hours ago, impulse said:

The unintended consequence being that even if the woman has a change of heart (or memories if she was in a blackout) and decides to come clean, she's going to be understandably reluctant.  And an innocent man will languish in prison.

Do the math. How many would have a change if heart (often not enough to get a conviction overturned), and how many would be deterred from lying in the first place? Just how many men do you think have been unjustly accused of child abuse during divorce proceedings? Running after light can get you a bigger fine than getting someone out away for 20 years on a false sex charge. 

38 minutes ago, Ulic said:

She was a 9 last night and a three now. Worse, failing to realize she was a

just recounting a friend's story

right?

25 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Are you saying that all women who claimed to have been raped but the courts could not prove that she was beyond all reasonable grounds should be seen as guilty of making a false allegation?

Half the guys on this thread are pushing that one.

44 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

ok. i would disagree. i think getting smashed on kao sarn and bringing 2 african blokes home to your friends condo is pretty damn naive mate

It probably is if it turns into a rape session.

I've said for years, when i get to be Prime Minister of my own country, my first rule change will be that when a rape accusation is made, someone IS going to prison for that crime. The man WILL be treated as inncoent until proven guilty. If he's guilty, he goes to prison. If it can't be substantiated or he's not guilty, she goes to prison for the same length of sentence.  That's gonna make them think twice about their foggy memories or nonverbal signals or whatever...

• Like 1