Notice From Bank Of Ayudhya

Notice From Bank Of Ayudhya

We have had Foreign clients used fake passports to open an bank account in order to receive money transfers from a foreign bank. As of today, the branch Manager had received notice from our Foreign Exchange Department of several cases of fraudulent wire transfer from a foreign bank to many foreigners that have accounts with this bank.

In order to prevent clients using fake passports in opening new bank account, we are asking the branch office to strictly follow the following measures: KYC (Know Your Customer), CDD (Customer Due Diligence ) in opening a new bank account for any client and to ask from any customer the following documents:

1. Passport

2. Work Permit

3. In case that client doesn’t have work permit, then following documents can be used instead: commercial license issued by Thai authority or prove of permanent residence of other kinds, i.e. housing registration, title deed of condo.

Note: Further discussion with specific branch also allowed Certificate of Residence issued by foreign embassy in Thailand. Basically, any government documents to prove that the foreigner is actually living in Thailand.

31 Jan 2007 4 p.m. BKK time

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

I'd like to add that Bank of Ayudhya's customer service to me in the last week has been nothing short of fantastic. I did have all the required documents but even so everything was so painless and smooth. I know this doesn't help those without the requested documents, but if you do and are looking to open an account that I would put them at the top of your list. (I am not employed by them or am in anyway connected to them, just incase anyone is wondering).

Can a foreign person married to a Thai open a joint account then using the address of the wife?

Since I am not yet a full time resident of Thailand, and need to do banking in country, hence the question.

I will be arriving in April to open an account. My wife has several Bangkok Bank accounts currently.

I opened a bank account yesterday at the Siam Commercial Bank. Just took my passport, with a non imm O visa, and they asked for my address and phone number but didn't ask for proof. They gave me a bank book, ATM card and registered for internet banking, and all completed within about 15 minutes.

Can a foreign person married to a Thai open a joint account then using the address of the wife?

Since I am not yet a full time resident of Thailand, and need to do banking in country, hence the question.

I will be arriving in April to open an account. My wife has several Bangkok Bank accounts currently.

As of now, just your passport is needed with your wife ID. They will also need a copy of the marriage certificate. The officer has the final discretion if he will need a letter from the Embassy as well.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com