Video: "Take me to court" says truck driver after woman ends up in the central reservation

webfact

3 hours ago, Lampang2 said:

after some traffic experience you also start to act correctly, even in panic  (at least i did)

miles and experience under the belt.

your mileage may vary.

point taken but even a expert like you may not react the correct way twice.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, catman20 said:

point taken but even a expert like you may not react the correct way twice.

maybe 

but this specific one was an easy one, not a problem to avoid

you are not obliged to run full speed into other stupid drivers/objects, this lady has no capacity left at all to deal with the situation, so she was driving way to fast for her capacity.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

She delayed breaking at least 2 seconds after the truck began to turn. Watch how fast the center lines are going by, she does slow down at all until maybe two car lengths from impact. If she had not impacted and bleed off speed she would likely have wrapped around that pole. She drives just like the videos of M/C riders getting launched in the air because drivers failing to react. One thing I am sure of, I wouldn't want to be stuck in a car with her at the wheel. My GF wonders why I wont let her drive or climb on the back of a bike with her.

TALK IS CHEAP................ Is all I can say about this reply...............

We will never know but what you could have done better in the same 'hopeless' situation........  LOL.......

I am a retired Greyhound bus Driver from the US and 'all' my life was on the roads...... Millions of miles......... and I've seen a lot.......

Sooooooo Much of this thread has been spent hacking away (BY ALL THOSE who could have done better -obviously) at her when SHE is the innocent bystander who was 'wronged' by another 'typical' (Worthless) 'Thai Guy'

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lampang2 said:

maybe 

but this specific one was an easy one, not a problem to avoid

you are not obliged to run full speed into other stupid drivers/objects, this lady has no capacity left at all to deal with the situation, so she was driving way to fast for her capacity.

It DOES sound like you are 'Implying' that if YOU were in thr driver-seat rather than HER..... That you would have known the truck was going to make that crazy turn ------ and for you it would have just been another 'Close-Call' on another typical day on the Thai Hiways............... LOL.......

You must be double-jointed to have arms that 'Pat your own Back' so frequently.........

If you haven't noticed ...... Thailand was just moved to the 'TOP' of the list of countries with MOST accidents on it's roads....... She was just another 'VICTIM'.........

I still have hopes that the Truck Driver will pay dearly for his arrogance after his assinine goof.........

4 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

TALK IS CHEAP................ Is all I can say about this reply...............

We will never know but what you could have done better in the same 'hopeless' situation........  LOL.......

I am a retired Greyhound bus Driver from the US and 'all' my life was on the roads...... Millions of miles......... and I've seen a lot.......

Sooooooo Much of this thread has been spent hacking away (BY ALL THOSE who could have done better -obviously) at her when SHE is the innocent bystander who was 'wronged' by another 'typical' (Worthless) 'Thai Guy'

So you apparently see yourself speeding, reacting late and breaking at the last second driving a greyhound bus, scary !! I for one would have braked long before she did merely for the fact there was a truck motionless in the road. If he's not going forward it's likely he's headed another direction. No way I bull rush through going 100kpm. First thing I learned driving here is to assume and expect every driver is about to do something beyond stupid. Thais haven't figured that out yet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

It DOES sound like you are 'Implying' that if YOU were in thr driver-seat rather than HER..... That you would have known the truck was going to make that crazy turn ------ and for you it would have just been another 'Close-Call' on another typical day on the Thai Hiways............... LOL.......

You must be double-jointed to have arms that 'Pat your own Back' so frequently.........

If you haven't noticed ...... Thailand was just moved to the 'TOP' of the list of countries with MOST accidents on it's roads....... She was just another 'VICTIM'.........

I still have hopes that the Truck Driver will pay dearly for his arrogance after his assinine goof.........

Damn straight I would have done something different. There is no way I charge past a truck stopped in the road driving 100kph. Maybe that's the way Greyhound taught you to keep on schedule but it is reckless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

So you apparently see yourself speeding, reacting late and breaking at the last second driving a greyhound bus, scary !! I for one would have braked long before she did merely for the fact there was a truck motionless in the road. If he's not going forward it's likely he's headed another direction. No way I bull rush through going 100kpm. First thing I learned driving here is to assume and expect every driver is about to do something beyond stupid. Thais haven't figured that out yet.

I watched that video several times more, You should try it....... LOL.......

As she is driving along and the truck comes into sight and when it first starts to move right, I start to count seconds (one thousand one - one thousand two) and 2 seconds went by to impact..... and yet you are cdlaiming that 'YOU know' she wasn't on the brakes (by some unknown premonition)........ 

You have to be one of the greatest Drivers in the world....... (or at least think you are)

51 minutes ago, Lampang2 said:

and no lessons learned.

I’m afraid they never learn any lesson under any kind of situation, 

Normals learn when they could see what happened was wrong. If they don’t see what was wrong how they learn

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Theory said:

I’m afraid they never learn any lesson under any kind of situation, 

Normals learn when they could see what happened was wrong. If they don’t see what was wrong how they learn

Simple, If you are not at fault there's no lesson to learn. Thais are NEVER at fault therefore nothing is ever learned. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

If you look on her 'Facebook' You will see in her photos you will see the pictures of her BMW and where the truck stopped........ so obviously her HORN did some good.........

I hope they don't stop at just repairing the car....... That truck driver needs to learn something from this........ a lot...... (one thing to control his mouth after screwing up)

Just one second difference could have meant a death.........

And less pushing on the thing near the floor that makes the car go faster may have ensured there was no accident at all. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

You can tell exactly the point where she got on the brakes. it is just before she used the horn. You can tell because the ID card on the dash flips up by the momentum. 

Thanks 'Canuck'.......... 

Let's call your observation to the 'smart guy' JAZZDOG Who is so adamently claiming that she didn't brake until inches before impact............ Thanks for helping me prove him wrong.........

JAZZDOG....... Less time on jazz and more time spent knowing what you are talking about just could be beneficial advise before posting sometimes.........

You can actually see that card on the dash slide forward from the force of her braking.........

• Like 1

On 6/12/2018 at 9:33 AM, sweatalot said:

cause an accident by reckless driving - and take no resposibility

Normal situation in LOS

My first thought was you were referring to her.  They're both idiots.  She was driving way too fast, on a wet road to boot, so she has some gall complaining on social media.

Edited by ChidlomDweller
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Artisi said:

And less pushing on the thing near the floor that makes the car go faster may have ensured there was no accident at all. 

Why are you saying that she was driving too fast????  You can't see the speedo and you can't tell otherwise....... SHE is on a straight stretch of divided hiway where it is common to drive 100kph (some drive 150kph) .......... Do you only drive 40-50 kph????? ( I don't like being behind drivers who do).......

Why can't you see the picture 'as it is'????   She wasn't doing anything different (or worse) than any average driver.......... She just had the 'bad luck' to come upon this truck being driven by a 'Typical and Thoughtless' (not to mention 'unprofessional') Truck driver (who could have very likely been on a cellphone) and caused the whole thing.........

Why all the criticism about the 'unfortunate' lady that got caught up in 'HIS' reckless driving then his caustic defense????????????????

10 minutes ago, ChidlomDweller said:

My first thought was you were referring to her.  They're both idiots.  She was driving way too fast, on a wet road to boot, so she has some gall complaining on social media.

Why are you saying that she was driving too fast????  You can't see the speedo and you can't tell otherwise....... SHE is on a straight stretch of divided hiway where it is common to drive 100kph (some drive 150kph) .......... Do you only drive 40-50 kph????? ( I don't like being behind drivers who do).......

Why can't you see the picture 'as it is'????   She wasn't doing anything different (or worse) than any average driver.......... She just had the 'bad luck' to come upon this truck being driven by a 'Typical and Thoughtless' (not to mention 'unprofessional') Truck driver (who could have very likely been on a cellphone) and caused the whole thing.........

Why all the criticism about the 'unfortunate' lady that got caught up in 'HIS' reckless driving then his caustic defense????????????????

11 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

Thanks 'Canuck'.......... 

Let's call your observation to the 'smart guy' JAZZDOG Who is so adamently claiming that she didn't brake until inches before impact............ Thanks for helping me prove him wrong.........

JAZZDOG....... Less time on jazz and more time spent knowing what you are talking about just could be beneficial advise before posting sometimes.........

You can actually see that card on the dash slide forward from the force of her braking.........

Take another look at the video and there is the timer so no need to go one one thousand, two one thousand, LOL! She clearly sees the slowed vehicle at :23 when she begins to change lanes, at :16 she breaks, card goes forward, ;14 impact. She has a full seven seconds that she is closing on a truck she can see basically stopped in the road. She has little or no spatial awareness. I guarantee you I am on the brakes while I am changing lanes so I can take evasive action if need be. So I guess a bus driver having driven "millions of miles" with a load of people on board is going to follow this girls example and likely kill and maim most on board because breaking that bus when she did would have likely had the bus airborne coming out of that ditch and likely flipping. People pulling in front of you here happens about every other intersection. The girl was out of control. The truck driver was driving clueless as would be expected. 

13 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

Unless that video is sped up it's obvious from the passing landscape that she's driving very fast, and in slippery conditions (the road, I mean).  I'd be scared shitless sitting with her in the passenger's seat.  I used to ride a motorbike.  Anyone remotively familiar with defensive riding would have avoided this accident with ease.  Especially in Thailand, but everywhere really, you have to anticipate idiot maneuvers and leave yourself the appropriate margin.  

Edited by ChidlomDweller
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ChidlomDweller said:

Unless that video is sped up it's obvious from the passing landscape that she's driving very fast, and in slippery conditions (the road, I mean).  I'd be scared shitless sitting with her in the passenger's seat.  I used to ride a motorbike.  Anyone remotively familiar with defensive riding would have avoided this accident with ease.  Especially in Thailand, but everywhere really, you have to be anticipate idiot maneuvers and leave yourself the appropriate margin.  

Look at the center lines whipping past and how fast she closed on the truck. Probably going a buck-twenty. Main thing is she wasn't going to think twice about passing that truck stopped in the road at that speed. Did she ever think about why he would be stopped, oh course not, she was entitled to one of those lanes. No matter how many squashed heads they see live and on video it never seems to sink in.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

Maybe she has a future driving for Greyhound .

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

Look at the center lines whipping past and how fast she closed on the truck. Probably going a buck-twenty. Main thing is she wasn't going to think twice about passing that truck stopped in the road at that speed. Did she ever think about why he would be stopped, oh course not, she was entitled to one of those lanes. No matter how many squashed heads they see live and on video it never seems to sink in.

Yep.  To be fair, it's possible the video is sped up, but I doubt that's the reason (edit: it's at actual speed, based on the clock at the bottom -- I'm guessing she goes 100-120 km/h).  A road like that, 60-70 km an hour would be an appropriate speed, and then slow down to 40-50 when you see that truck in the distance.  At that speed, no accident.

Edited by ChidlomDweller
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

Take another look at the video and there is the timer so no need to go one one thousand, two one thousand, LOL! She clearly sees the slowed vehicle at :23 when she begins to change lanes, at :16 she breaks, card goes forward, ;14 impact. She has a full seven seconds that she is closing on a truck she can see basically stopped in the road. She has little or no spatial awareness. I guarantee you I am on the brakes while I am changing lanes so I can take evasive action if need be. So I guess a bus driver having driven "millions of miles" with a load of people on board is going to follow this girls example and likely kill and maim most on board because breaking that bus when she did would have likely had the bus airborne coming out of that ditch and likely flipping. People pulling in front of you here happens about every other intersection. The girl was out of control. The truck driver was driving clueless as would be expected. 

Great......... She can see (at :23) a truck (there are similar every couple kilo) and it is moving slow as Truck are known to do ........... And are you saying you are going to be on the brakes at :23???????? ----because you see a truck up there ????? If so, I can understand your problem........... There are so many trucks on every road in Thailand (more on divided roads)....... Why would YOU be expecting this truck (out of thousands) to do what he did??????  and be on your brakes?????? at :23.........

At :16 the truck began its lane change and at :16 SHE was on the brakes.........

My driving a Greyhound Bus has no specific relation to this topic and is only a reference to the time I spent on the road, BUT in all my career I had only one accident, minor, non-chargable (Not my fault) and I was still given my safety award for that year....... To clear up your personal attack..........

You can talk all you want about how you could have done better in exact same circumstances.......... But YOU won't convice ME........ I still say she was only in the wrong spot at the wrong time........ 

One other thing.......... Did you see rain on her windows??????? I didn't........ I did see puddles of water in that intersection and in the ditch....... But that could have been from much earlied......... I just can't see all the fixation of laying the blame on her when it wasn't her fault........ and only slight mentions of the truck driver.........

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

Of course she is a highly skilled professional driver, driving to the road conditions at the time (high speed in the wet) very observant of other vehicles on the road and utilising highly tuned defensive driving techniques and most definitely not on  the phone. 

Time you gave it a break, the truck driver is partially to blame just as the girl is, he should have been the right lane much earlier with indicators on and she should have been more observant to a much slower vehicle she was closing on at high speed. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ChidlomDweller said:

Yep.  To be fair, it's possible the video is sped up, but I doubt that's the reason (edit: it's at actual speed, based on the clock at the bottom -- I'm guessing she goes 100-120 km/h).  A road like that, 60-70 km an hour would be an appropriate speed, and then slow down to 40-50 when you see that truck in the distance.  At that speed, no accident.

YUP!!!!!!!!  60-70 kilo on divided hiway, when you are driving a 'solid built car' and slow to 40-50 when you 'any' truck in the road ahead (even being being in it's slow lane).......... 

Have it your way......... better yet....... STAY HOME...... and 'No Accident'....... LOL ....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Of course she is a highly skilled professional driver, driving to the road conditions at the time (high speed in the wet) very observant of other vehicles on the road and utilising highly tuned defensive driving techniques and most definitely not on  the phone. 

Time you gave it a break, the truck driver is partially to blame just as the girl is, he should have been the right lane much earlier with indicators on and she should have been more observant to a much slower vehicle she was closing on at high speed. 

You can say "the truck driver is PARTIALLY to blame"???????????   WOW !!!!!!!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

YUP!!!!!!!!  60-70 kilo on divided hiway, when you are driving a 'solid built car' and slow to 40-50 when you 'any' truck in the road ahead (even being being in it's slow lane).......... 

Have it your way......... better yet....... STAY HOME...... and 'No Accident'....... LOL ....

In Belgium where I'm from, a road like that would have a speed limit of 70.  Isn't it even lower in the US?  Highways move at a snail's pace there.  In Belgium on proper highways I go 120-130km/h and not a single accident in 33 years.  I'm not that slow of a driver, but like to feel like I'm driving the car and not vice versa.  I say 40-50km because that truck is practically at a standstill, so most likely planning a maneuver.  To blow past him with a 100 km/h speed difference is incredibly reckless.

You're probably right that 100-150 is "normal" here, but then look at the accident rate.

Edited by ChidlomDweller
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

Give it a rest the truck driver has the vast majority of blame for this he just used his size to make his dangerous move

As for some of the speeds that should be adhered to I think some of you are talking out of the top of your head

• Like 1