The best place to visit Thailand?

MrPieElsa

2 hours ago, Kurtf said:

Wow. If it is a tourist trap, it is the cheapest tourist trap in the world. And all day train ride for a couple of hundred baht? Your idea of what a tourist trap is just boggles my mind. And your denigration of the cemetery and the men that were killed by the forced labor is a great indicator of the quality of man you are.

He has NO idea what it's all about.

I think Sukhothai is really worth a visit. It's relaxing in a reflective, contemplative way. Nice guesthouses and rent a bicycle to slowly meander around the sights. Get up to Chiang Rai and explore Chiang Saen, Mae Sai and Golden Triangle.

Doi Mae Salong and Doi Tung worthwhile, also.

On 6/21/2018 at 2:40 PM, Justfine said:

It's small and unimpressive. The caves and waterfalls out that way are better.

Thailand has dozens of great tropical islands and a simple bridge isn't anything compared the real attractions.

What is interesting about a beach? See one, seen them all. There is only so much relaxing, reading a good book, swimming and snorkeling one can do. 3 days max. Then what?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, smotherb said:

Well, I am more concerned with the purity of a substance than separating the components, but I was referring to a mixture of totally different elements.

Go back to kenk24's post #20; he said, a new car showroom. Apparently, he was referring to a term I used to differentiate a young inexperienced woman from a more widely used one--the former still having that new car smell.

The point I was making is when you inhale that "new car" smell, the bad accompanies the good.

An interesting analogy, although I would not know, as I am not a muff diver.

17 minutes ago, Tacuisse said:

The point I was making is when you inhale that "new car" smell, the bad accompanies the good.

An interesting analogy, although I would not know, as I am not a muff diver.

Yes, I understood that; however, I simply pointed out that you were discussing a different smell. Apparently, you are also unaware that newness is not only from the muff area.

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, smotherb said:

Yes, I understood that; however, I simply pointed out that you were discussing a different smell. Apparently, you are also unaware that newness is not only from the muff area.

I think I am now quite confused, so I'll take a break. I fear to tread any further.