Advice on android movie box for tv?

beechbum

Never had one before, only ever had the dish (years ago) and cable.

Any recommendations on the best type, service provider being used and price?

Is it possible to access the services free via the net?

Have read its best to ensure the manufacturer offers regular firmware updates.

Looking at getting one through Lazada.

And 1 last question, do the latest smart TV's negate the need for these box's, i.e do they have the same function built in?

Cheers in advance.

No,smart TVs do not negate,altho(Flawless)  maybe get some function ability out of it.

Yes been looking too Lazada Alibaba,but I think Android boxes operate all the same way,looking at minix 9 64 ,cheap enough and loading them from the 4 or more sources seems cheap and reliable.  I am definitely buying one,just waiting on neighbour to decide to sell me his before he leaves Thailand,guess he will want 5k, but do it your own way about 3 Id say  .  Android boxes are all over the place,but wonder why Kodi went west

Had one few years ago,dead loss,first generation,cannot be upgraded

I don't really use the Android box I have,I find it's much

easier to get everything i want to watch via Win 10 and

a mini pc, just add the sites that stream movies,series,

news,not so much sport,although BBC and ITV are showing

the World cup and Rugby,teatimetv.tv .to the speed dail

on browser,works good for me,and easier from beginners

than downloading APK to Android box.

regards worgeordie

The latest Smart TV's can run Live tv and VOD and Catchup from a app called "Smart STB" 

This basically stbemu for smart tv.

Most Smart Tv will lack large amounts of ram, even the expensive Sony Android ones lack ram once all the built in services are running.

If all you want is live tv, then Smart iptv app does that and is great, if you want catchup then smart stb is required.

As far as Android boxes go, get the best you can afford or justify spending, Nvidia Shield is obviously the best but is very expensive, Firetv box is very good and reasonably priced,  Zidoo do good boxes for around 3200-4500, MXQ boxes make great door stops and paperweights.

Free services tend to low quality streams with adverts and spyware infested into any apps or websites , lots of good premium providers with experience of managing thai isp issues such as hdprime , britishexpattv and flawless ( no longer taking new customers).

Get a 100/30mb fiber line from 3bb and you will plenty of international bandwidth to play with so no issues with catchup from any provider.

feel free to pm if you need more help

Always buy an Android box that you can upgrade in future for connecting to any TV. Smart TVs are a waste of money and slower with lower spec CPU. Buy a sub based IPTV service if you want decent buffer free FHD picture, EPG with program synopsis, catchup and VOD and link with a free app like Perfect Player for the easiest control experience. The free services like teatime are OK but the pic quality is only SD and the interface only on a web page.

I have over the years used several Andriod device (Minix, Sticks, Roku, etc) and WDTV, and they are all cheap rubbish.

The NVidia Shield TV is great and highly recommended - pay the extra and get yourself a decent PC like Android device - you will actually save money.

More and more high spec Android devices are coming onto the market, but NVidia is the best available mid-range Android Media device at the moment.

A windows PC is great and I still have one, but some IPTV services are only providing their service through Android Apps they build/control.

If you have a cheap Win10 PC (or vene better a Win7) then that should be kept for those services streaming via Browsers.

There is no one answer to which IPTV service, they come and go and they change so quickly (remember Expat TV or 365 Sports).

Best to have a device or two that can cope with this changing marketplace, and keep yopur eye on things and dont expect to get something that lasts forever.

If you plan on 6-12 months with an IPTV service, then you are being realistic - days are gone for years and years - and they are numbered for Cable/Satellite providers.

Think mobile phones in the 1990s and that is where IPTV Services are now - massive changes coming ahead - some technology driven and some regulatory driven.

Get the best devices you can afford, and that way you will be able to deal with whatever comes along and they will last more than 3-6 months.

Chrome Browser streaming and in-house Android Apps appear to be the main contenders going forward, but who can tell which way IPTV services will go.

Archived