Newly Arrived with Non-Immigrant OA visa...what to do next??

Hi all...i hope someone here can give me some guidance...

i just recently returned to Thailand with a OA visa acquired in NZ, altho i have made many many trips here on a tourist visa for the last 5 years...

my concerns now are...

1) how and where do i do the 90 day report...i live in BKK, just off Pattanakarn Rd, Soi 25

2) my Thai wife and i are in a rented apt for the last 2 years...it seems now that the owner will need to complete some form for immigration??

3) my OA visa is multiple entry, but i think there is a form to need to supply to Immigration when i depart back to NZ periodically...

i'm looking forward to helpful replies...

cheers

1. You will do your reports to the Chaeng Wattana immigration office. You can do them online, by mail or in person.

You will need to do your first report in person 90 days after the date you entered the country. You will need a completed TM47 form and some           proof of address to do it.

2. Bangkok immigration does not ask for TM30 reports from individuals.

3. You don't need anything from immigration until after your visa expires when you leave or enter the country. After it expires you will need a re-entry permit to keep your last one year entry valid if you want to travel.

52 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

1. You will do your reports to the Chaeng Wattana immigration office. You can do them online, by mail or in person.

You will need to do your first report in person 90 days after the date you entered the country. You will need a completed TM47 form and some           proof of address to do it.

2. Bangkok immigration does not ask for TM30 reports from individuals.

3. You don't need anything from immigration until after your visa expires when you leave or enter the country. After it expires you will need a re-entry permit to keep your last one year entry valid if you want to travel.

thank you for your reply?

i thought i am supposed to do the 90 report somewhat before  or after the 90 days...if after, how much time after do i report?

my visa expires June 2019...do you mean i can come and go as much as i like until then, without providing any special form to Immigration at the airport?

2 minutes ago, Phuket Man said:

Report 15 days before and up to 7 days after the date.

I was "fined" 1,000 Baht for allegedley being a week late with my report. In fact I had reported on the 90th day but the woman who took my passport returned it to me without updating it. When I returned a week later to submit my application for Extension of Stay, I was fined. No receipt given, needless to say.

9 minutes ago, NZAMBOY said:

thank you for your reply?

i thought i am supposed to do the 90 report somewhat before  or after the 90 days...if after, how much time after do i report?

my visa expires June 2019...do you mean i can come and go as much as i like until then, without providing any special form to Immigration at the airport?

Your first 90 day report will be due 89 days after you entered the country, as day one is the day of entry, you can do it up to 14 days before this, if you leave Thailand prior to the 90 days, then the 89 day count starts from the date of the next entry and so on.

You can come and go as many times as you like up to the visa enter before date, each time will give you one more year permission to stay, so if you enter on the day the visa expires, you will get one more year, effectively you can get two years off the one visa, after the visa expiry you will need to get a reentry permit to keep the last year permission to stay alive.

6 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

I was "fined" 1,000 Baht for allegedley being a week late with my report. In fact I had reported on the 90th day but the woman who took my passport returned it to me without updating it. When I returned a week later to submit my application for Extension of Stay, I was fined. No receipt given, needless to say.

i guess i don't understand the process...you say you submitted your 90 day report on the 90th day...then you had to come back a week later and submitted an extension of stay...what has that to do with the 90 reporting??

i'm a bit confused, sorry

3 minutes ago, NZAMBOY said:

i guess i don't understand the process...you say you submitted your 90 day report on the 90th day...then you had to come back a week later and submitted an extension of stay...what has that to do with the 90 reporting??

i'm a bit confused, sorry

The extension is not applicable to you (yet), only the 90 day reporting.

22 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

There is no entry made in passport for 90 day reporting.  And this thread is about Bangkok and there is no check for 90 day reporting when making applications for extension of stay so suspect this did not happen at Chiang Watanna.

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

There is no entry made in passport for 90 day reporting.  And this thread is about Bangkok and there is no check for 90 day reporting when making applications for extension of stay so suspect this did not happen at Chiang Watanna.

No, it was in Suphanburi. The first visit wasn't when I made my application for extension of stay, it was one week before. 

LEARN ABOUT REENTRY PERMITS AND HOW THEY WORK.....Something more for you to consider and understand clearly....and this may seem redundant to you but ...... be sure you understand when your visa expires. E.g. the “enter before date”.... and do not confuse that with the extension you receive at the last time you enter before that “enter before date”..     whenever you leave the country after the “enter before date” which is in your case, apparently, in June 2019.....  be sure you first have a re-entry permit stamped in your passport.  If you leave Thailand and return on the day before your “enter before date”you will be granted permission to stay for another year.  HOWEVER....  if you leave the country WITHOUT a re-entry permit during that “extra” one year period, and you return to Thailand during that same “extra year”  you will not be granted permission to stay until the end of that “extra” year.  Leaving without the re entry permit negates your permission to stay for that extended period of time and you will have to start all over again, from the beginning.  Sorry to be so pedantic....but it’s worth understanding clearly.

1 hour ago, Tracyb said:

LEARN ABOUT REENTRY PERMITS AND HOW THEY WORK.....Something more for you to consider and understand clearly....and this may seem redundant to you but ...... be sure you understand when your visa expires. E.g. the “enter before date”.... and do not confuse that with the extension you receive at the last time you enter before that “enter before date”..     whenever you leave the country after the “enter before date” which is in your case, apparently, in June 2019.....  be sure you first have a re-entry permit stamped in your passport.  If you leave Thailand and return on the day before your “enter before date”you will be granted permission to stay for another year.  HOWEVER....  if you leave the country WITHOUT a re-entry permit during that “extra” one year period, and you return to Thailand during that same “extra year”  you will not be granted permission to stay until the end of that “extra” year.  Leaving without the re entry permit negates your permission to stay for that extended period of time and you will have to start all over again, from the beginning.  Sorry to be so pedantic....but it’s worth understanding clearly.

So,  i can come and go as much as i like until June 2019 without a re-entry permit, as long as i return within that one year period...if i return on the last day before expiry, i will be granted another "extra" year, but during that year i will need a re-entry permit each time i leave...otherwise i lose my O-A visa...

i do appreciate your detailed info?

thanks much!!!

17 hours ago, NZAMBOY said:

So,  i can come and go as much as i like until June 2019 without a re-entry permit, as long as i return within that one year period...if i return on the last day before expiry, i will be granted another "extra" year, but during that year i will need a re-entry permit each time i leave...otherwise i lose my O-A visa...

i do appreciate your detailed info?

thanks much!!!

You’re welcome!  And..... reentry permits come in two varieties, single entry and multiple entry.  If you plan to leave more than once during that “extra year” or if you believe there is a chance you might leave more than one time, get the multiple re entry permit.  It will save you from attending to purchasing a second single entry reentry permit by going back to immigration or attending to the purchase of the permit at the airport.  Check thoroughly if you decide to get the permit on departure at the airport to determine where and how, etc....  personally I prefer to get mine at the immigration office simply because I don’t want to put anything to chance as I’m leaving the country.  Good luck!