Thailand ready to explain first execution in nine years

webfact

Thailand ready to explain first execution in nine years

pm.jpg

FILE photo

BANGKOK, 20th June 2018 (NNT) - Thailand is ready to explain the country’s first prisoner execution in nine years, according to the Prime Minister. 

Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha said on Tuesday that the death sentence of 26-year-old Teerasak Longji was in accordance with the law and the justice system, which most people agree with. 

The Prime Minister said that the execution, which was the first in the country since 2009, should be a lesson for criminals and help maintain peace in the country. 

Meanwhile, Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam said yesterday, that while Thailand works in tandem with the United Nations’ stipulations, it should be noted that the death penalty does not violate the Constitution or Thai laws. 

He conceded that as many countries don't understand Thailand’s death sentence law, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs would have to explain it to the world. 

At the same time, Deputy Prime Minister Gen. Prawit Wongsuwon confirmed that Thailand always acts in accordance with its laws, as in this case.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-06-20
  • Haha 1

The PM and Government do not need to explain anything to the outside world. The USA executeso many criminals and no one dares to question that country.

If the Thai law states capital punishment for certain  violent crimes then no one has the right to criticise that law or country.

If a criminal rapes your young daughter or wife or even kill them in the process, would you not want such criminal to be executed and keep others safe??I rest my case your ???

• Like 2

8 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Real reason ?, the chemicals were getter near there  "Use by date,"

so instead of wasting money,used them,expect more to follow.

regards worgeordie

Or maybe the US wanted them so they decided it was better to use them here. 

12 hours ago, yellowboat said:

They understand.  It is vile and revolting.

The law allows for coup leaders to go unpunished.  The law is whatever the government says it is.  The execution was frivolous and stupid.

sorry, but I don't understand, could you please explain to me why this guy should not have been executed?

9 minutes ago, TEFLKrabi said:

Or maybe the US wanted them so they decided it was better to use them here. 

Enough about the US , the whole World doesnt revolve around the USA

(Although some Americans cannot understand that not everything evolves around the USA)

17 hours ago, BobBKK said:

I'm with you 99% on your posts but I do support capital punishment in certain cases (maybe not this one I don't know) but I have nothing but glee for seeing child rapists/murderers  (and there have been many here) hang/fry or get shot.

In these days of DNA certainty and CCTV and all the rest and often a confession and showing where the kids are buried I think it is just to send them to their maker.

Yeah,  but not in a country where justice is a game where HiSo's can be sentenced to death or life and are then granted bail, or in other words they are free. The death sentence will be used for the convenience of the authorities in a country where corruption is the law. 

It is the law. They do not have to justify it. I always remember what a malaysian government official said a long time ago when a reported said to him that they were committing murder. His reply was that he was not committing murder he was enforcing justice.!!! Wise words I would say.

21 hours ago, yellowboat said:

They understand.  It is vile and revolting.

The law allows for coup leaders to go unpunished.  The law is whatever the government says it is.  The execution was frivolous and stupid.

I wish Canada would have a coup...

4 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

Yeah,  but not in a country where justice is a game where HiSo's can be sentenced to death or life and are then granted bail, or in other words they are free. The death sentence will be used for the convenience of the authorities in a country where corruption is the law. 

Many other countries should have the death penalty instead of tax payers keeping them alive. Cop killers, child abusers and murderers need to be wiped off the face of the planet.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, webfact said:

The Prime Minister said that the execution, which was the first in the country since 2009, should be a lesson for criminals and help maintain peace in the country

So they took one of what, around 500?, from "death row" and topped him "pour encourager les autres". That should be quite straightforward to explain to your European hosts. Don't bank on them nodding their heads in agreement though...

22 hours ago, BobBKK said:

In these days of DNA certainty and CCTV and all the rest and often a confession and showing where the kids are buried I think it is just to send them to their maker.

Bob, DNA and CCTV both featured rather significantly in the Koh Tao murders...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JAG said:

Bob, DNA and CCTV both featured rather significantly in the Koh Tao murders...

That is a good point JAG but that was tampered with. My stance assumes international standards (yes, I know that's a dangerous assumption here.)