UK Prime Minister Theresa May called to quiz Prayut on human rights

webfact

4 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Doesn't exactly make me proud to be a Brit.

Equally disgusted.

Yes me too, had it been blair i could understand he did'nt care whose hand he shook, as long as he thought there was money to be made for him, not sure if that would apply in this case though!

3 hours ago, Yann55 said:

Earl Rodney, thank you.

I'm glad someone says that, because I never cease to be amazed at how the West somehow feels entitled to patronize the rest of the world, especially its former colonies, which it raped and pillaged for centuries with the active support of Western religious authorities. Colonization was brutal, immoral, and based on greed, nothing else. It never factored in the slightest concern about human rights (and still doesn't, now that colonization has morphed from political to economical). The process ended up :

1/ creating the massive wealth on which the West now comfortably sits, pretending not to know where it comes from and how it was made,

2/ destroying - blatantly or subtly - most non-Western cultures,

3/ causing a social, economical and political imbalance on the planet which will eventually spell the doom and death of humanity.

Much as I admire Voltaire's intelligence, I will never forgive him for having made most of his fortune on the infamous 'triangular trade'. A fact that not many people seem to know, and a mind-boggling paradox which highlights the problem.

Did the West (apart from a few powerless individuals) ever truly care about human rights, other than on paper ? Do Western powers (both political and economical) respect human rights nowadays ? If the answer is no, or even 'no, not really' to both these questions, then whence on earth does it get the right to give any form of moral advice to other countries ?

Well said.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Morakot said:

Lets see how much coverage this gets in the UK.

Or will it be just ignored that the British PM meets the head of the Thai Junta? 

From the BBC website today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/search?q=Theresa+May+meets+Thailands+PM&sa_f=search-product&scope=

Help

Sorry, there are no results for Theresa May meets Thailands PM.

Help

Sorry, there are no results for Theresa May meets Prayuth Chan Ocha.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BuaBS said:

Ask Assange about human rights in the UK.  Pot & Kettle.

Is Prayut killing people in Lybia , Iraq and Syria ?

Assange is solely responsible for backing himself into a very tight corner which a good many here are funding as taxpayers.

Edited by evadgib
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, rodney earl said:

What gives her the right to tell other people what to do.!!!

She is speaking as leader of the British government to a non elected leader of another country expressing where Britain stands on the issue of elected governments versus non elected.

• Like 2

It's disgusting that the leader of a Military Junta that seized power from an ELECTED GOVERNMENT should even be allowed to enter any Western Democracy, let alone meet their leaders.   In doing so they are allowing them space on the International stage that they should never be permitted to have and encouraging them to believe that their deeds are acceptable.

Waste of everybody’s time and money,
as He listens to Nobody!!!
Stubbornness replaces Thainess.
Any excuse to delay the vote...early next
year....Dream on....

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

On 6/21/2018 at 1:40 AM, rodney earl said:

What gives her the right to tell other people what to do.!!!

What gives Prayuth the right to gag the Thai people ? At least May was elected and can be voted out if that is the wish of the electorate.de

• Thanks 1