Online Appointment for retirement extension

Hi there

Chiangmai.

My due date to get a retirement extension is Sept 28th 2018.

I've never done it by appointment before, but kinda remembered that one needed to be online applying at midnight 100 days before  (still correct?)

So I went to CM Immigration website a couple days ago to look for the procedure........but could not find it.

Looking at the calendar it looks like today is 99 days from the 28th Sept.

1. Are these appointments still available and where do I find the online application?

2. Is it still all "sold out" very soon after midnight of the 100th day before?

3. If still available, do i have 5 or 7 days grace after my due date so can make appointment for a few days AFTER 28th Sept without breaking the rules?

Thanks so much to those who are experts and help twits like me!

The tortuous process in Chiang Mai to obtain an extension of stay suggests that you may best be served by using an agent.  Otherwise, plan on showing up at or before 2AM to gain a seat in the line that will eventually allow you to get a queue number for your extension.  Even then, there are no guarantees that you will be “early enough” for success.  Some consider agents to be expensive.  I’d rather pay for the service than subject myself, or a paid “seat sitter” to the ordeal.  But, as always....  “Up to you!”

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tracyb said:

The tortuous process in Chiang Mai to obtain an extension of stay suggests that you may best be served by using an agent.  Otherwise, plan on showing up at or before 2AM to gain a seat in the line that will eventually allow you to get a queue number for your extension.  Even then, there are no guarantees that you will be “early enough” for success.  Some consider agents to be expensive.  I’d rather pay for the service than subject myself, or a paid “seat sitter” to the ordeal.  But, as always....  “Up to you!”

Wife has organised a couple of times for a workmate to earn a little by picking up number quite early.......but never 2am!.....maybe 7.30?.....then returning to get the proper number about 9. Then i went later in the day for the estimated time.

Last time I was told it's all improved and I think it was 8.30 was said to be OK to turn up. 

So I did it myself bit of a pain but no big deal.

I would consider an agent but one still has to turn up anyway.....

Edited by cheeryble

32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Appointments have not been done for a long time now.  If I recall correctly it happened when they moved to Pramanada.

Joe I know they let you do the extension early (a month?). Is it possible late?

9 minutes ago, cheeryble said:

Joe I know they let you do the extension early (a month?). Is it possible late?

You can do the extension up to 30 days early. You cannot do it late or you would be on a overstay and be fined 500 baht a day.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Appointments have not been done for a long time now.  If I recall correctly it happened when they moved to Pramanada.

It is Promenada.

HAHAHA.. Had to get you because you are always spot on.  ?

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can do the extension up to 30 days early. You cannot do it late or you would be on a overstay and be fined 500 baht a day.

Now I remember I had 21 days overstay one year @ 500 per day!!!

Plus i used an agent cos I thought I was in trouble.