Additional CCTVs, Koh Racha safety discussed at Phuket officials meeting

snoop1130

Additional CCTVs, Koh Racha safety discussed at Phuket officials meeting

image.jpg

Governor Norraphat Plodthong speaks at today’s meeting which covered topics ranging from additional CCTVs, flooding, tourists safety and the setting up of a ’Sport City’ in Mai Khao. Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET:-- The installation of an additional 499 CCTV cameras across the island and tourists’ safety at Koh Racha were high on the agenda of a meeting held by the Governor of Phuket today.

Other issues discussed at the meeting included action that had been taken to prevent further flooding at high-risk areas on the island and the establishment of a “Sport City” in Mai Khao.

Phuket Governor Norraphat Plodthong presided over today’s (June 26) meeting, which was attended by vice governors Snith Sriwihok and Prakorb Wongmaneerung, heads of local government agencies, military officials and police.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/additional-cctvs-koh-racha-safety-discussed-at-phuket-officials-meeting-67642.php#PclX28z0rbGtv56y.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-6-26

Woo hoo- more non-working CCTV cameras- just what we need. I'd love to audit how many of these cameras have allegedly been installed over the past 14 years I have been here. A veritable cash cow for someone.

The numbers in the article pale in comparison to the announcements made ad nauseum.

Edited by Psimbo

2 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Woo hoo- more non-working CCTV cameras- just what we need. I'd love to audit how many of these cameras have allegedly been installed over the past 14 years I have been here. A veritable cash cow for someone.

The numbers in the article pale in comparison to the announcements made ad nauseum.

But these "non-working CCTV cameras" always seem to be miraculously working when a farang commits the crime.  ?

15 hours ago, NamKangMan said:

But these "non-working CCTV cameras" always seem to be miraculously working when a farang commits the crime.  ?

Paranoia central!

Thai jails tell the tale. If there was more than .5% of white foreigners I'd be stunned. 

Every new initiative is sneered at by so many on here. Its baffling.

If I felt so unsafe, so untrusting and afraid of police, truly I would leave.

There is a lot that needs improving we all know that.

But what do people expect when it is nigh on dirt cheap to live here.

Can't have it both ways.