UK experts arriving to help rescue mission in Chiang Rai

webfact

1 hour ago, Gandtee said:

Shuttle runs? Do as I and the rest of my countrymen do when cold. Flap your arms open then to your body to pat yourself on the back. It warms you up very quickly. Of course the lack of food is the problem, but difficult situations call for difficult measures. I wish them well.

Don't burn calories you cant afford to replace..... Preserve energy and huddle tight 

Stay dry if possible etc 

3 hours ago, chickenslegs said:
7 hours ago, Tongjaw said:

Why not try a quick google search. I’m sure you’ll find as I did that they are highly experienced cave divers and have surveyed this cave before.

Thanks. You have seen the updated version. The original The Nation article had no names or other information.

There are lots of news sources other than The Nation.  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, stephenterry said:

What a fatuous statement. The best we can hope for is to find them alive, and reunite them with their families. 

It's reality simple. It's also appalling the government did not seek US special seal team immediately. They are 3 fold. And this is the truth

20 hours ago, robblok said:

It will help a bit but I am sure divers know what is up and down at least I did when I was diving. Air will rise up when you breathe out so its a pretty good indicator of how your positioned. They probably have lights on their compass to see.

If you are using a rebreather you won't see bubbles because there aren't any!

3 hours ago, KiChakayan said:
19 hours ago, Gandtee said:

I would think hyperthermia is their biggest worry.

Why would they overheat ? Don't get it.

Hyperthermia - refers to several conditions that can occur when your body's heat-regulation system can't handle the heat in your environment. You're said to have severe hyperthermia if your body temperature is above 104°F (40°C).

Hypothermia - is a medical emergency that occurs when your body loses heat faster than it can produce heat, causing a dangerously low body temperature. Normal body temperature is around 98.6 F (37 C). Hypothermia (hi-poe-THUR-me-uh) occurs as your body temperature falls below 95 F (35 C).

I guess easily confused.